Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Cambridge

Options
  • 16-09-2017 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm here to look for some advice on moving to Cambridge from Ireland. I just got offered a job there yesterday and am hoping to move over soon. I was wondering if anybody else has moved over there, and if so, do you have any advice on what areas are good to rent in? Also, if anyone has any other advice on moving to the UK in general, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
    Patrick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭David6330

I used to live 30 mins away in a smaller town called Newmarket. Cambridge a nice place but accommodation is expensive. Traffic can be very heavy. I'm not aware of any bad areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭paddykell

David6330 wrote: »
    I used to live 30 mins away in a smaller town called Newmarket. Cambridge a nice place but accommodation is expensive. Traffic can be very heavy. I'm not aware of any bad areas.

Thanks David! I was looking at Newmarket a while ago actually. It looks like a nice area. Seems to be very difficult to find places in the area and prices are very high. Sadly I don't drive and public transport links are also quite poor. I'm sure it'll all work out anyway, but I definitely will take a look again at Newmarket!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭David6330

Yeah its tough trying to find an affordable place. Newmarket and Bury St Edmunds are worth looking at, as both have trains to cambridge. Ely is another town to look at but the surroundings are bleak.

A lot of london commuters live around cambridge hence the high prices.
    paddykell wrote: »
    Thanks David! I was looking at Newmarket a while ago actually. It looks like a nice area. Seems to be very difficult to find places in the area and prices are very high. Sadly I don't drive and public transport links are also quite poor. I'm sure it'll all work out anyway, but I definitely will take a look again at Newmarket!

Advertisement