Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irons

Options
  • 16-09-2017 5:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23

Hey guys,

Just recently started playing again after 7yr break,using a old set of taylormade RAC but looking to buy a different set of irons,been out the game for so long so not sure what irons would be best,looking for something nice but that's also forgiving but not with a huge head??ive played two rounds at city west and the heritage and struck the ball very well and shot 79 at the heritage and 79 at city west?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

I must also say I've had 4 lessons already and at the range almost daily

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Jpx 900 range , fantastic looking irons packed with tech witj true enough lofts and spin.

Worth a look at Srixon maybe aswell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 ShanklyZ

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Jpx 900 range , fantastic looking irons packed with tech witj true enough lofts and spin.

Are they a forgiving club?hit the 6 iron today in mizuno jpx 900 forge and didn't really like it

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Skyfloater

I would say that the consensus is that in the last ten years or so, Driver and hybrids have moved a small bit technology wise, but irons and putters are much the same.
    If you're shooting 79's I'm guessing you're misses are more short/long rather than left/right. If so, maybe a gps would be a better investment, if you don't already have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ShivasIrons

Since we've no idea what your swing and striking is like it's almost pointless giving advice as every club is good for someone but no club is good for every one.

You need to go to someone who is going to watch you hit balls. They can give you advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

What shaft was in the jpx forged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Ronney

Titlest ap2's would be my recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Srixon 565s - awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭kopkidda

Hitting Titleist 716 AP2's myself and find them brilliant.

ShanklyZ wrote: »
    Are they a forgiving club?hit the 6 iron today in mizuno jpx 900 forge and didn't really like it

The JPX can feel a little harsher than the mp line alright.

As for forgiveness, they will launch a little higher and the drop of on off centre strikes should be better than true blades. They will spin a little less aswell which may or may not be a benifit to you. Out of rough you will get more flyers and the odd one will go miles.

Spend the day looking at some reviews and articles, marketing has blown "forgiveness" out of porportion, it's only short and long they can maybe help with or ball flight, left and right is where hybrids can help some.

I hit them using px 6.0, have s300 in my ap2.

What makes you want to change your current clubs?

*Im a high hc, but i can strike my irons pretty well and ive hit most irons from the last few years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 ShanklyZ

The JPX can feel a little harsher than the mp line alright.

As for forgiveness, they will launch a little higher and the drop of on off centre strikes should be better than true blades. They will spin a little less aswell which may or may not be a benifit to you. Out of rough you will get more flyers and the odd one will go miles.

Spend the day looking at some reviews and articles, marketing has blown "forgiveness" out of porportion, it's only short and long they can maybe help with or ball flight, left and right is where hybrids can help some.

I hit them using px 6.0, have s300 in my ap2.

What makes you want to change your current clubs?

*Im a high hc, but i can strike my irons pretty well and ive hit most irons from the last few years.

Just wanted a change in irons as mine are very old,got a set of jpx 850 forged offered to me for a great price so think I'll get them.

• Advertisement

They're a nice club aswell, better looki g than the 825's which were quite chunky looking down. Best of luck with them.

Advertisement