If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation request: Smart TV - 4K with integrated satellite and saorview tuners

Options
  • 16-09-2017 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi,

I am in the market for 1 to 2 new tvs:

TV 1: 49'' to 55'' Smart TV - 4K with integrated satellite and saorview tuners
    TV 2: 32'' Smart TV with integrated satellite and saorview tuners

Am I right in saying that the channel list for satellite and saorview are separate on tvs (unlike the combo boxes which integrate the channel list)?

Looking for best value for both - would apprecaite your recommendation and cost to deliver to ROI.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

oraiste wrote: »
    Hi,

Am I right in saying that the channel list for satellite and saorview are separate on tvs (unlike the combo boxes which integrate the channel list)?

Looking for best value for both - would apprecaite your recommendation and cost to deliver to ROI.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi were you looking to have both the satellite and saorview tuned in at the same time and be able to switch between them?  I ask because a number of manufactures have dropped this ability.  You get the option of if you want to use satellite or saorview on install and the one you select will be your only option unless you retune the tv.  

Regards Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭oraiste

oraiste wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks in advance.
    Hi were you looking to have both the satellite and saorview tuned in at the same time and be able to switch between them?  I ask because a number of manufactures have dropped this ability.  You get the option of if you want to use satellite or saorview on install and the one you select will be your only option unless you retune the tv.  

Regards Stephen
    Hi Stephen

Ideally I would like to have both tuned in with all channels available listed in one list (like a combo box).

I have another LG tv that has both saorview and satellite tuners but the channels are not listed together in one - instead, you need to select which tuner you want to use and the channels appear. I just thought TVs would have caught up to have all channels in one list - but it sounds even worse if the tvs are now only allowing saorview or satellite tuning - and not both!

On powercity website, they list tvs that have both satellite and saorview tuners integrated. I would be intested to know which tvs RS have that have this feature.

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Oraiste,

thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you.

Pretty much the only branded TV that will do what you need is Sony - these will give you a composite channel list with saorview & Free-to-air satellite included.

However as far as I know they don't make a 32" satellite equipped unit any more - the first is the KDL40WE663 / KDL49WE663:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/cssearch.aspx?searchterm=we663

For the 40 & 49" versions we can deliver them at £1059 / €1199 including delivery & our 6 year warranty,

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.