Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waste Spillage in Docklands

Options
  • 16-09-2017 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi There,

Would you know who would be responsible for waste spillage from Facebook office in Dublin Dockland? Nobody wants to take responsibility and we as residents feel that nobody cares about this disgusting and daily occurrence. The smell is so bad that we can not open windows...
    it is disgusting to walk on the footpath just outside our front door especially with small children in our complex...
    We have just created a Twitter account @Forbes_Quay as one picture or video is worth a thousand words.

Please help us spread the word by forwarding this message on FB or Twitter.

Thank you,
    ForbesQuay Resident

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

I would have expected the waste company to be more responsible for this than Facebook is. Surely it's their job to dispose of waste cleanly and safely? Have you contacted them?

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭MrMorooka

Yeah, what is seen on that Twitter account is pretty disgusting alright. I think you should be complaining to Ozo, since it looks like the quality of their work in collecting the stuff is appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Have you not been onto the council? It wouldn't be like them to do nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Have you walked into the Facebook office and spoken to them about it?

Have you contacted DCC?

Media might also be interested. "Facebook dumping food" would make an interesting story.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Forbesquay

markpb wrote: »
    I would have expected the waste company to be more responsible for this than Facebook is. Surely it's their job to dispose of waste cleanly and safely? Have you contacted them?

Unfortunately they informed us that there is nothing they can do as the waste comes from FB and they have been advised by Panda ( new owner of Ozo) that they put wrong waste to wrong bins. This whole process is just exhausting...

• Advertisement

MrMorooka wrote: »
    Yeah, what is seen on that Twitter account is pretty disgusting alright. I think you should be complaining to Ozo, since it looks like the quality of their work in collecting the stuff is appalling.

It is really bad and the same situation happens Monday to Friday...so you can imagine the smell and the state of the paving. Panda is a new owner of Ozo and we and other residents complained about this to our management company, dublin docklands, bilfinger ireland who manages docklands area, DCC and nothing happened... the only hope is that the press or other people will make this more public than it is already. I would appreciate of people can retweet this nasty pictures or videos to spread the word.

JTMan wrote: »
    Have you walked into the Facebook office and spoken to them about it?

Have you contacted DCC?

Media might also be interested. "Facebook dumping food" would make an interesting story.

The first time I left my contact details in FB no-one even bother to contact me. No the guy from FB invited me.for a chat through Twitter because of the Tweets... meeting tomorrow morning.

Have you not been onto the council? It wouldn't be like them to do nothing.

I was:( nothing has been done so far... other residents contacted them to...to no aval...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

If you are having no luck after contacting the local authority and the waste management company then you should consider contacting the Environmental Protection Agency.

Making an Environmental Complaint

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Forbesquay wrote: »
    I was:( nothing has been done so far... other residents contacted them to...to no aval...
    Try talking with then litter section of DCC rather that the waste collection people. A visit from the litter wardens and the threat of a fine for littering might be a better spur to those causing the spill.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭blue_blue

Forbesquay wrote: »
    The first time I left my contact details in FB no-one even bother to contact me. No the guy from FB invited me.for a chat through Twitter because of the Tweets... meeting tomorrow morning.

This would be the logical thing. Walk into FB offices, ask for the facilities manager and organise a meeting. Despite hating FB, I don't know why you have to cry to the internet when I'm sure they'll clearly see they have a waste disposal problem and need to re-train staff.

I'm actually astounded that this has been happening for over a year and you haven't been able to at least contact the source (FB) of the problem. How many times have you tried to contact them? Tweeting at Mark Zuckerberg doesn't count.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

just watching them shoveling 100's of cigarette buts out of the shores at the corner of FB wherer they all smoke. disgusting.

Advertisement