Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 116 Fight Night rockhold v branch

• 17-09-2017 1:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,913 ✭✭✭✭

Latest thread ever :pac:

what a comeback uriah hall, was so nearly toast in that first round, tough
    on jotko practically emptying his gas tank in the first.
    Hall was as big as 15/2 after the first.

main event surely goes to luke, fancy smith to take lombard, looks a fighter on the up, less said bout lombard the better.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

First two fights have been great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,913 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

It's rare to see three ko's in the first three prelims

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Great card so far

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

I hate Ledet. I've hated him since his first UFC fight.
    [*]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Deadst4r wrote: »
    [*]

Okay, he should have thrown more. He should have made his dominance count more.....but come on man. He was CLEARLY so much better than his opponent on every level.

Ledet's jab is legit. 95% of the UFC roster don't know how to Jab. Rockhold being the perfect example.

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    [*]

Okay, he should have thrown more.  He should have made his dominance count more.....but come on man.  He was CLEARLY so much better than his opponent on every level.

Ledet's jab is legit.  95% of the UFC roster don't know how to Jab.  Rockhold being the perfect example.
    I didn't say he didn't deserve to win. I do think he will be chewed up by the top of the division but obviously he was better than his opponent. 
    He just annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Head over heels knockout! Not sure what Miragliotta was waiting for there - Usman showed good sport for not jumping in.

Great first round between Gonzalez and Gillespie. Had a little bit of everything. Gillespie's round for sure, but 3 head kicks from Gonzalez just failed to connect, any one might have finished the fight.

How can Gonzalez seem so surprised at every takedown attempt? Absolutely no defense for it at all. Great scrap while it lasted though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

WOW, vicious KO for Perry :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Turned over from the boxing about five seconds before that knee landed for Perry.

Still can't stand him though. Calling out Lawler a bit on the cheeky side though.

Won't happen but would love to see Rockhold get sparked again to make up for GGG getting robbed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Holy **** nearly sparked out twice here already rockhold

Branch had a great start to the round but Rockhold came back into it, just give the first to Branch though.

Good finish there from Rockhold. Impressive how cool he stayed after a good start to the fight from Branch, never panicked.

Don't understand Branch wrestling there when he was having such success with the hands.

Rockhold's boxing is so so dodgy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

I'm sure Luke will be classy and humble as always now...

Branch had the right idea just trying to box him but Luke's top game is unreal he absolutely destroyed Machida and Weidman when he got them down, same story here.

Rockhold striking looked like **** tonight imo, excellent grappling.

Had a treble with Aubin Mercier to win, Perry by KO and Rockhold by KO at just over 6/1. :D

What does tapping to strikes on gambling sites count as? TKO?
    I had Rockhold by sub :( He wanted to make a statement so didn't go for the RNC. Although I think submitting a black belt under Renzo would have been more of a statement tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Thought Rockhold had that same lethargic look in the early stand up exchanges as the Bisping fight. Like he thought fighting Branch was beneath him. Serious hypocrisy as well talking sh!t at his opponent post fight like that. Division is in a mess though - Rockhold vs Whittaker next, winner fights Bisping/GSP?

Gamebred wrote: »
    Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Had a treble with Aubin Mercier to win, Perry by KO and Rockhold by KO at just over 6/1. :D

Your bet is a loser, and im glad considering you after timed it, it was a submission win due to strikes.
    TKO due to Submission strikes according to Sherdog so his bet should be a win. You are allowed aftertiming on this thread. I place most of my bets 5 minutes before the fight, I don't see the issue. I only bet a couple of quid and it's for fun, chill.
    If it really is submission, then Unibet have ****ed me over :)

Fuck me, Branch tapped to the strikes. Balls. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Impressed with how calm rockhold was in getting the victory.

The mvp of the night once again is mike perry. One of the most exciting fighters to watch these days. Really hope they give him a top 10 opponent next

Fuck me, Branch tapped to the strikes. Balls. :mad:

delighted, hope it cost you a nice few quid for the simple fact you after timed it, post beforehand or dont post at all.

Your bet is a loser, and im glad considering you after timed it, it was a submission win due to strikes.
    TKO due to Submission strikes according to Sherdog so his bet should be a win. You are allowed aftertiming on this thread. I place most of my bets 5 minutes before the fight, I don't see the issue. I only bet a couple of quid and it's for fun, chill.
    Lmao, Unibet changed from Loss to Win. Thank God as I was down all night anyway so only just broke even.

PP have it down as submission

delighted, hope it cost you a nice few quid for the simple fact you after timed it, post beforehand or dont post at all.
    Get a life.

Not often someone taps to strikes. The ref was just about to stop it and declare it a TKO.

• Advertisement

Get a life.

Dont come into a thread after the fights claiming you backed a winner, nobody cares stop looking for a pat on the back theres a gambling thread for pre fight fancies try using it goodnight.

Advertisement