Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trenearla sale

• 17-09-2017 9:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭

Is anyone going to the trenearla sale next Friday. Looks like he has some outstanding Lanark's for sale from looking at the ads on DD. It's somewhere between lemybrien and dungarvan I think.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭Vandy West

Top price ram at Lanark sale in ballinrobe yesterday was 1900 but beside that most top ones were 5-800 and a good few were less/unsold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Vandy West wrote: »
    Top price ram at Lanark sale in ballinrobe yesterday was 1900 but beside that most top ones were 5-800 and a good few were less/unsold.

U sure. Heard tgat bfl made 2 grand and top price for lanark was 900?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

There's even the option of a half ram :pac:

https://www.donedeal.ie/sheep-for-sale/half-of-this-ram-for-sale/16662949

I've cousins near enough to there,might go for a look

Afaik the west Waterford sheep society (scotch??)sale is Saturday aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭stantheman1979

I'd say that's just a publicity stunt to gain some attention. I don't think the scotch sale would make much difference you'd be either out to buy a scotch or a Lanark

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Tisn't far from me so I might go for a look. Will leave cheque book at home though in case a few of them expensive types catch my eye!

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭Vandy West

U sure. Heard tgat bfl made 2 grand and top price for lanark was 900?

Maybe I got it wrong, thought it was the one out of a ram that cost 90k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭stantheman1979

Heard they're wasn't a massive crowd but the sheep looked superb and was well run. Hoggets made up to €260! Rams weren't all sold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭Jimbo789

Anybody know around how much the older ewes were sold for?

Advertisement