Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gtech e bikes

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

I was hoping someone who has one, or something similar would have posted 
    This review seemed OK, but it is a year old at this stage.
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinion/ebike-vs-road-bike-2926496

• Registered Users Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭homer911

Haven't specifically seen GTECH ebikes in Ireland but ebikes as a concept are really starting to take off. There have been a number of threads on ebikes recently on this forum. On a recent trip to Southern Italy I noticed that most bikes I saw were ebikes

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I have no experience with this particular make, never seen one, never heard of them until this thread...but here's my opinion, for what it's worth:

like:
    the belt drive, very nice
    the low weight

dislike:
    pretty much everything else
    hub motor - prefer mid motor
    just one gear - really?
    battery - no info about capacity/specs
    parts/accessories - again, no info on what is used and overall it looks very naked (lights, mudguards) for what is mainly a city bike.
    the marketing - horrific, some vids are actually cringeworthy. And absolutely nowhere are there any specs or details to be found...nothing, nada. Just endless droning on how "great" it is (your first ride on any e-bike will feel "great"..it's only afterwards that you realise that you could have had better for your money)

Personally, unless I could have an extended test drive of at least one battery charge I would go nowhere near that thing.

(They do say somewhere that you can send it back within two weeks...perhaps it is worth a try ?)

Advertisement