Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help to buy scheme

• 17-09-2017 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi all,

My partner and I have recently been approved for a mortgage, however it is pending my partner finishing his probation period and the end of January (he was recently made permanent in the company that he had been working for as a contractor for the past year). Therefore we are not allowed to draw down the mortgage until 31st Jan next year.

We have put a refundable booking deposit on a new build. We have applied and been approved for the help to buy scheme and securing this house would really be a stretch for us without this scheme.

There is an expiry date on the scheme however and it says we need to claim it before 31st of December this year.

So my question is, if we were to sign the contracts before the end of the year and pay our deposit to the builder, do you think the help to buy scheme would be willing to give us the grant given that we are technically not guaranteed the mortgage until my partner is officially made permanent (this probation is purely a formality. We know for sure that he will be made permanent but there is no way of proving this to the bank).

I have heard a lot of talk about this scheme being scrapped in the next budget, therefore if this is the case we will not be able to reapply in January.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Sarah

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

The only people that will answer your question is the Revenue Commissioners who approved the grant.

Advertisement