Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

appeal permanent ban from After Hours, by Conspectus.

Options
  • 17-09-2017 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I was banned for all time from After Hours by Conspectus, for posting the following innocuous comment.
    Multiculturalism in Ireland has indeed made Ireland more diverse, from some points of view.

But, there was far more diversity in the world 30 years ago compared to today. Globalisation of people and culture reduces diversity.

Mixing things together reduces diversity and makes everything the same.

Irish culture will fail as a living culture and will instead only exist as a twee memory for tourists.

I was told that that post is uncivil. I simply don't agree. What is uncivil about the post?

Boards now unashamedly censors all opinions which differ from its own editorial position. As bad as Facebook if not worse.

I have contacted Conspectus about this and he fails to reply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi, when did you attempt to contact the mod?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ban resistant recalcitrant debutant

Last Friday night at ten to ten.

I didn't know about the 2 day wait for a reply. The two day period expires tonight around ten.

It is the weekend, which means it can be hard for mods to react to everything. Please give Conspectus a little longer.

Note, even if the ban expires you can still continue with your appeal. m

Can you please post the content of the PM you sent to Conspectus, or alternatively forward it to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

This has been confirmed settled with the Mod, the ban was lifted.

Resolved.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement