Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wellies-opinions

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Muckit wrote: »
    There's a sports direct near enough me in Roscommon town. I never thought about footwear.

I buy the Dunlop work pants in there. There's 2 types l think. Last pair l got has loads a pockets.
    I also got good boot socks in there lately. Karrimor is the brand.
    Got a cheap pair of karrimor boots with sports direct online. No steel toe cap. Great from the summer. Lasted 2 summers. And by God they for good wear in 2018. Must get a new pair soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

gozunda wrote: »
    Just got a pair of neoprene sock liners for the wellies. They are fantastic. Highly recommend.

I use bama insoles in wellies. find them very good for absorbing moisture and abit of comfort. keep a couple of pairs of them and take them out of the wellies when not using to let them dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭jd06

gozunda wrote: »
    Just got a pair of neoprene sock liners for the wellies. They are fantastic. Highly recommend.

Just wondering where u got them and do you put them on over your socks first and then your wellies then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Grueller

Wearing a brand of wellies called techno this few weeks and find them seriously light and comfortable. Not too dear either at €50. Bought them in Glanbia.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭3 the square

Grueller wrote: »
    Wearing a brand of wellies called techno this few weeks and find them seriously light and comfortable. Not too dear either at €50. Bought them in Glanbia.

You will brake ur neck in them in no time had a pair and after few weeks it was like walking on ice 24/7
    My physio told me that the only wellies to get are muckmaster they have good support which is good for ur back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

jd06 wrote: »
    Just wondering where u got them and do you put them on over your socks first and then your wellies then?

The OH got them in Aldi - they were with all the fishing stuff. Yeah you can put them on over socks as they are quite light and then the wellies.

That said I managed to get both wellies full of water the other day fixing a leak. At least my feet were dry. The inside of the wellies not so much ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭monseiur

Had a pair of Muckboots last year, paid over €130.00 for them, very comfortable, great arch support, ankle support etc. but I had to bin them after less than 6 weeks, nearly broke my neck literally- had a very lucky escape. Boots have zero grip more like skates on ice, - never again...……. Beware!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭the hedgeman

monseiur wrote: »
    Had a pair of Muckboots last year, paid over €130.00 for them, very comfortable, great arch support, ankle support etc. but I had to bin them after less than 6 weeks, nearly broke my neck literally- had a very lucky escape. Boots have zero grip more like skates on ice, - never again...……. Beware!
    I find the chore xf gusset muck boot wellingtons great as they have the gum rubber soles so tend to get a good grip on the ground,comfortable and warm to wear as well......the risk of of a slip is still there always no matter what types of wellington.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭hopeso

monseiur wrote: »

Read the important notice at the bottom of this link... Anyone considering Muckboots should take note......

https://www.wellies.ie/muck-boot-wellies/muckboot-muckmaster-moss-welly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

hopeso wrote: »
    Read the important notice at the bottom of this link... Anyone considering Muckboots should take note......

https://www.wellies.ie/muck-boot-wellies/muckboot-muckmaster-moss-welly

This is the one.
    IMPORTANT NOTICE

Please note, as these boots are primarily field sport boots, they are more suited for use "off road". Ideal on soil, muck, grass, gravel, sand, rocks etc. However if there are used on tarmac or concrete, which is damp or wet, has spilt milk or slurry on it, they have a high tendency to be slippery. If you require boot in these circumstances, we suggest the Muckboot Chore or the Chore 2K.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭davidk1394

I had a pair of muck masters, brilliant wellies. Mine had a different pattern sole though, didn't slip on concrete and I was able to milk fine in them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

I know their is neoprene wellies in aldi at the moment for 30 euros but not sure of the quality. I did a bit of research last month on wellies before I wrote this if anyone wants a look I have a pair of skellerup and would highly recommend them for comfort and quality
    https://blackfieldfarm.com/best-wellington-boots-men/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

cant beat the dunlops,

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭3 the square

davidk1394 wrote: »
    I had a pair of muck masters, brilliant wellies. Mine had a different pattern sole though, didn't slip on concrete and I was able to milk fine in them

Where did u buy them from??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

dunlops and muckboots are on the list too just didnt make the number one spot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭hopeso

cant beat the dunlops,

Dunlops aren't what they were....I used to get a couple of years out of them once. Last number of pairs I got only lasted a few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Where did u buy them from??

These are the soles on my wellies. I got them in Clonmel outdoors and pets. I think I gave 120 at the time for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

I wear Bekina Wellingtons. Good sturdy Wellington with great grip. The soles will wear with time. I found the Dunlops I wore in the past were prone to splitting at the heel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭older by the day

I wear Bekina Wellingtons. Good sturdy Wellington with great grip. The soles will wear with time. I found the Dunlops I wore in the past were prone to splitting at the heel

I wear the bekina too and I find them great. the souls of my feet used to get sore before that. Agri direct usually have them online. Around 55 to 60

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

hopeso wrote: »
    Dunlops aren't what they were....I used to get a couple of years out of them once. Last number of pairs I got only lasted a few months.

How many dinners have you had since they lasted years?

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭sonnybill

I have a pair and they are the most comfortable but I see soles of mine now are like a Bottle especially on land, but I still lash them on before 2 other newer pairs

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭sonnybill

These are the soles on my wellies. I got them in Clonmel outdoors and pets. I think I gave 120 at the time for them.

Mine had a soft sole .. yours look like a higher spec one

Advertisement