Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Identify this flower please?

Options
  • 17-09-2017 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

I nearly cut these back as they were falling over, they're beside a hedge in my driveway. No idea what they are. The flower almost looks like a sweetpea bud! I would love to think they're peonies but I think that's wishful thinking :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

No they are not peonies. They look a bit like some sort of pepper fruit but that shade of purple is gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I have these in my garden too, but I don't have the label anymore and can't remember the name. They aren't peonies anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

That is an Aconitum aka Monkshood, lovely plant, I grow a few different cultivars but it is poisonous so be aware if you have curious youngsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Ah yes! I haven't grown them myself but I have seen them a couple of times in 'poison gardens', they are very striking.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭raemie10

miezekatze wrote: »
    I have these in my garden too, but I don't have the label anymore and can't remember the name. They aren't peonies anyway.

Thanks a Mill,that's def them! Never heard of them!

• Advertisement
Advertisement