Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leather suppliers in Ireland?

• 17-09-2017 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,
    I've been looking to get into leatherwork but I'm struggling to find suppliers. I'm looking for leather for craft, so for wallets, bookbinding, bracelets and belts, that sort of thing. I'm aware of Leprovo leather in the UK, but obviously I'd rather avoid having to pay shipping costs if I can- so does anyone know of leather suppliers here in Ireland? The cheaper the better as I'm just getting started, don't want to go sinking too much money into it right away.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

I have found it very difficult to find a one stop shop for leathercraft supplies in Ireland. I have bought all of my tools from the UK mostly.

Edit, I also found that buying decent tools the first time is the way to go. I got a full kit of tools for leathercraft from hong kong thinking I was getting a great deal. Unfortunately I had broken half of them after my first project.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭mollymaloney

Just wondering if there is any follow up on this. There must surely be a place somewhere in Ireland that sells leather. Everything online is in the UK or USA of China. There was a time when most hardware shops used to stock leather for soling shoes and repairing harness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Dublin leather store do lessons, maybe they could advice on where to buy supplies. I've always had it in the back of my mind to get up there for a course.

They are in Inchicore.

http://dublinleatherstore.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6 magvadesign

Thanks for the link

Advertisement