Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Credits vs PLC

• 17-09-2017 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am a 3rd year science student at AIT - having a rather late realisation that the area I'm studying is not for me and that I've made a really stupid mistake. I have completed 2 years so far out of a level 8 degree and have 120 credits under my belt in total.

I plan on taking a year out to work while I find my feet and decide if I want to continue on with AIT next September or change course entirely but I don't know if what I have already achieved will stand to me in any way at all when applying to other colleges. I do not have enough CAO points to do the course I really wanted to do from the beginning, nor do I qualify for entry via the mature student route - and won't until 3 years time. Will 120 credits be worth anything to me, or will I have to do a PLC course instead?

My credits were achieved in relevant subjects to the course I want to pursue, and many of the modules I have completed are part of the course content - will that help me, or are PLC courses the only thing colleges will consider?

Advertisement