Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspect ban....

Options
  • 17-09-2017 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Posting today in the GAA forum I have not, nor have I ever, sought to disrupt or disregard the boards rules or charter. None of my posts today have done so and I wish to invite an admin to read through my posts today to find a comment from me that breaks the rules of this charter.

Perhaps some may dislike my sporting opinions but this is not a legitimate reason to ban any user from this website I suspect. I am wholly confidence in my behaviour on these boards. I have not broken any rules as per the GAA charter....I have not insulted any player, user or mod and I wish to have my posting status reinstated.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Hi bananabread12, have you attempted to resolve this by PM with the mod who banned you, per step 1 of the flow chart above?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭bananabread12

Toots wrote: »
    Hi bananabread12, have you attempted to resolve this by PM with the mod who banned you, per step 1 of the flow chart above?

I have indeed, Toots.

I've been told that the mod doesn't like my "posting style" and yet has failed to identify what rule, as laid out in the charter, I have broken. If the charters rules have no impact whatsoever in the governing of the board then why have them at all?

I have always been very respectful of the laid out charter and board users. I've never engaged in personally attacking any other poster or mod. I haven't insulted referees, players or anyone else as others have done. If someone dislikes my held beliefs about the way a game has gone then fair enough - we can all differ when it comes to opinions and no more so when emotions are running high. But to be banned for holding them is another thing entirely.

Before receiving the ban I received an infraction for the following one from another individual who was openly thanking anti-Dublin comments which were in themselves stretching the rules of the charter....
    Very poor stuff from Mayo today.

Dublin had an absolute nightmare.....didn't turn up at all and still managed to win the game Shocking stuff really. Just goes to show that even on a terrible day Dublin can beat literally anyone in the country.

Dublin is very special...it can't be denied.

^This is just a simple comment that has not in any way breached the charters rules. It's a simple observation about a football match. Nothing more. I implore anyone to have a read through the particular thread in question if for nothing else but their own entertainment.....I'm sure that they will agree with me in identifying the utter ridiculousness of my comment in relation to the rest of them.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Thanks for confirming, I'll ask a Cmod to take a look.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi bananabread12,

Can you post or forward me the PM exchange with the mod and I'll take a look.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi,

I got your forwarded PM, thank you for that.

I have read your posts in that thread and have looked at your recent history.

Since you joined 2 months ago:
    You were warned for trolling on 27/08/2017
    You subsequently got a 1 day ban for ignoring that warning.

You were again warned in the thread in question on 17/09/2017 18:38 for a post made at 18:29

You continued to post after the warning in the same thread 5 more posts between 19:12 and 19:37

You then received a ban for 1 week for trolling.

Those are the facts.

I have one more thing that I am curious about before making a decision on this:

Following the first warning and 1 day ban, and in the limited time between the most recent infraction and ban, did you attempt to contact the moderators at all to ask what was wrong with what you posted?

Please let me know and, if you did, what the pm exchange was.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

For transparency, I am posting and replying to your latest pm here.
    Dear bananabread12,

Moderator Note

Any more posts like that and it will be a ban - most of your posts today have been on a borderline trolling

Your post:
    Very poor stuff from Mayo today.

Dublin had an absolute nightmare.....didn't turn up at all and still managed to win the game Shocking stuff really. Just goes to show that even on a terrible day Dublin can beat literally anyone in the country.

Dublin is very special...it can't be denied.

...to which my correspondence with the mod was...
    Don't see what is so shocking about that particular post. I haven't gone against the charter/rules of this board. I'll be appealing any henceforth ban.

Before receiving that infraction here is the messages in relation to the last one....
    Dear bananabread12,

You have been banned from GAA for one day for Trolling.

Hammer Archer

Moderator Note

Maybe you'll get the message this time with a ban. Any more trolling and it'll be a longer one.

Your post:
    I thought a red card meant not posting in the thread again, or was that changed?

Red carded for what? I've been very reasonable in my assessment of yesterdays game. Other posters on the other hand......have resorted to personal insults...I understood that was against the rules of this board? Perhaps I should go and dig them out...

It's sad and a poor reflection on certain individuals that visit this board that any opinion that deviates from their preferred echo chamber needs to be stamped out and banned...

I believe I have been treated unfairly in relation to other posters on the board. Other users are free to insult and personally attack me (and others) without punishment while I am banned at a moments notice (even though I have never engaged in such behaviour). There is no question that some posters are given preferential treatment on that specific board.

From what I have seen from reading your posts, I have to agree with the moderator in that you were trolling.

Was that intentional? I'm not sure. Your account is 2 months old yet you are presenting yourself here with the air of a boards veteran who knows how everything works.

All I have gained from your recent posts is that, paraphrasing what most of them say, firstly 'Dublin is great' (I have no problem with that) and secondly 'Everyone else are begrudgers' (there's your problem).

Amongst your recent posts after your warning in the Dublin Mayo thread were
    The rest of the country can only look on in awe. Begrudgery is a terrible cross to bear.
    and
    Jealously is a terrible thing. I do wonder how you sleep at night stewing down there...

Posts like these add nothing to discussion and only serve to get the 'other side'' heckles up.

The latter was the culmination that earned you a 1 week ban.

Had I started into this thread with 'Haa Haw, you got banned ya silly f**k you're only a loser and the mods are kings and you're only here because you are a sorry sore loser... ' then you might begin to understand the sentiments that your posts gave to some of those reading them and why the moderators took action.

Your defense that other posters were doing the same thing has no grounds. If you were in court for stealing a car and told the Judge that others were doing it so you did it too then I suspect it would raise a giggle but not get you off the offence.

If you have anything else to say on this then please do so by this time tomorrow, otherwise I will uphold the ban.

Thanks.

Hi,
    I'm upholding the ban seeing as you haven't replied and, given it's a week ban, to give you the opportunity to appeal further to admin.

Ban upheld.

Please let us know if you accept this or wish to further appeal to admin.

Thanks.

Hi, I'll suggest that this be closed if you don't wish to reply further.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement