Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car repairs - Satisfaction note

Options
  • 17-09-2017 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

So I have had repairs to my car carried out through an insurance claim. Now the garage (main dealer) will not release the car to me unless I sign the satisfaction note which basically states that I am "completely satisfied" that the car has been repaired as per the repairers invoice.

I have a problem signing such a statement as I am assuming that they are the motor experts and I don't know if they actually replaced all the parts listed on the invoice. Should the insurance assessor who agreed the original repair quote not be responsible for ensuring the repairs are carried out properly (rather than the car owner)?

Are they legally entitled to hold my car until I sign this letter?

I am due to chat with my solicitor later this week for legal advice, but just wanted to suss out here in case anyone has been through something similar.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Standard practice. Sign it or get an engineer (at your expense) to examine it

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Prospectors

Standard practice. Sign it or get an engineer (at your expense) to examine it
    Thanks, I thought as much. I doubt they would allow my engineer to put it up on their lift etc to inspect (it needed substantial repairs)

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

if they've nothing to hide, then they will have no problem putting it on the ramp.

As others have suggested, get your assessor AT YOUR EXPENSE to inspect it.

If you are going to this trouble and also consulting a solicitor, you must have suspicions.

Advertisement