Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did you light the fire yet?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭wally1990

Will be lighting again tonight I love fire going not just for bit of heat but the whole idea of it ha close curtains throw on movie fire going
    Be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Madnash

80s bungalow , double glazed windows, pumped cavity, insulated attic.
    if you didn't light the fire for a week you would feel the damp in the bed rooms, your clothes would start to get damp.

I cant believe people here don't heat their houses for another 2 months.

LOL I agree with you. I like a warm house all year round. And I believe some ppl only heat the room there in.. Omg That's unbelievable in 2017. It's not Syria we're living in lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Madnash wrote: »
    LOL I agree with you. I like a warm house all year round. And I believe some ppl only heat the room there in.. Omg That's unbelievable in 2017. It's not Syria we're living in lol.

Some people who aren't in 80's bungalows can have a warm house all year round without lighting the fire or putting the heating on.

I did always wonder when it's the hottest day of the year and you see a house with the fire lit...wtf is wrong with them?! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I air the house by opening the windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Light the fire?
    put the heating on?
    No,Just put heavier clothes on,yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭_Roz_

No fire, will have to get the chimney swept before we can, but I probably won't do that til October. We have had the heating on more, recently, though. Even wrapped up in layers I'm feeling the cold in the house (which holds no heat at all).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,164 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

18c in Dublin today. I've been in 4 different bathrooms so far and two had their heating on. Very difficult to work in that heat. I'm glad I wear shorts till well into October

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I put a hoodie on last night but sometimes I light the stove if I need lots of hot water, or need to dry clothing on the radiators.

House has never got damp without a fire, think it depends on the kind of land it's built on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

I put a hoodie on last night but sometimes I light the stove if I need lots of hot water, or need to dry clothing on the radiators.

House has never got damp without a fire, think it depends on the kind of land it's built on.

would the type of land effect the humidity in the house, rising damp yes but not humidity
    damp Is a ventilation or heating problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Saw smoke coming from the next door neighbours yesterday but it was just his outdoor incinerator.

If I install one can I apply for a grant?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

would the type of land effect the humidity in the house, rising damp yes but not humidity
    damp Is a ventilation or heating problem

Not sure, I don't know if the poster was talking about damp from humidity or just damp damp :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Not yet. Got the coal last week, need to pick up a few bales of briquettes.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

No...but put the winter duvet on :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

No...but put the winter duvet on :o

I did that last weekend, was starting to feel the coolness. Snug as a bug now!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    I did that last weekend, was starting to feel the coolness. Snug as a bug now!

Getting out of bed in the mornings is just cruel now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement