If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless transmitter receiver for sub

Options
  • 17-09-2017 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

I have a set of boston xs5.1's and im looking to move the sub a bit more out of site. So i am looking for a transmitter receiver that will work to make it a wireless sub. 

I found http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201876-arrow.aspx that on your site but it seems a bit expensive for the purpose. I dont mind paying up to around the 100 mark as any alternatives ive seen seem to have issues with audio quality/ sub humming issues. Also I read they can interfere with wifi signals etc. 

Is this the only option you have for my needs?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

tazzzZ wrote: »
    I have a set of boston xs5.1's and im looking to move the sub a bit more out of site. So i am looking for a transmitter receiver that will work to make it a wireless sub. 

I found http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201876-arrow.aspx that on your site but it seems a bit expensive for the purpose. I dont mind paying up to around the 100 mark as any alternatives ive seen seem to have issues with audio quality/ sub humming issues. Also I read they can interfere with wifi signals etc. 

Is this the only option you have for my needs?
    Hi TazzzZ,

Have you had a look at the Monitor Audio WT1/WR1 ( this is a stand alone Wifi Transmitter / Receiver):
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/wireless-link/wt-1-wireless-transmitter

Works really well with any stereo input ( I know you only need mono!) - and its just €74 for the two including delivery ( I'd even do a Boardie special on the combo at €69.99) :D

I'v sold lots of them in the interests of 'domestic harmony!'

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

That looks perfect. Am i likely to need any separate cables or should my existing sub cable connect fine to this?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

That looks perfect. Am i likely to need any separate cables or should my existing sub cable connect fine to this?
    You will need a single phono cable to connect your AV receiver subwoofer output to the transmitter and another single phono to connect the receiver to your Boston sub - If you don't have one kicking about you could go for one of these and split it in 2:

If you want to grab one its actually better value in Yoyo as its £24.95 excluding shipping but just €27.99 including shipping!
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-10595-aud500-03m-phono-cable.aspx

Thanks again and don't hesitate to drop us a line if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

You will need a single phono cable to connect your AV receiver subwoofer output to the transmitter and another single phono to connect the receiver to your Boston sub - If you don't have one kicking about you could go for one of these and split it in 2:

If you want to grab one its actually better value in Yoyo as its £24.95 excluding shipping but just €27.99 including shipping!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Could you go €90 all in??? ;) I will be in the market for a new tv and receiver soon also.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Could you go €90 all in??? ;) I will be in the market for a new tv and receiver soon also.
    Hi TazzzZ.

Very best we could go for both would be 95 Euro including delivery.

• Advertisement

yea im happy with that. PM sent

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

yea im happy with that. PM sent
    Cheers TazzzZ :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.