Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting part of house?

Options
  • 17-09-2017 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, so my house currently have 2 double bedroom ensuite with a separate kitchen which is just sitting not used. We plan on using when kids grow older but for the moment it is sitting vacant. It is separate from our section of house and it has a different access door. We would need to share washing machine but that would be about it.

I am wondering how I could potentially rent? Do I just take some photo's etc and put on daft?

Potentially if possible I would to try for someone to rent during week so weekend is free. To advertise for this is it still daft?

Just looking for some advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Ok, so my house currently have 2 double bedroom ensuite with a separate kitchen which is just sitting not used. We plan on using when kids grow older but for the moment it is sitting vacant. It is separate from our section of house and it has a different access door. We would need to share washing machine but that would be about it.

I am wondering how I could potentially rent? Do I just take some photo's etc and put on daft?

Potentially if possible I would to try for someone to rent during week so weekend is free. To advertise for this is it still daft?

Just looking for some advice.

Do you have to leave your house, to gain access to this area you intend to rent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Do you have to leave your house, to gain access to this area you intend to rent?

No, it is connected via double doors. I can lock them.

I would need to get access in/out for washing machine only.

No, it is connected via double doors. I can lock them.

I would need to get access in/out for washing machine only.

No issue with renting the rooms them.

Your tenants are licensees, meaning if they are not working out you can get rid of them easily as they effectively have the same rights as a overnight guest would. Make sure you get a decent deposit before hand.

You can claim up to 14k a year in rent tax free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

No issue with renting the rooms them.

Your tenants are licensees, meaning if they are not working out you can get rid of them easily as they effectively have the same rights as a overnight guest would. Make sure you get a decent deposit before hand.

You can claim up to 14k a year in rent tax free.

Thanks, just wondering where is best place to advertise? Is it Daft?

Thanks, just wondering where is best place to advertise? Is it Daft?

Daft.ie usually. If its within Dublin and a reasonable price, will go in a day or two.

• Advertisement
Advertisement