Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Political science or European studies in tcd?!?!

Options
  • 17-09-2017 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Right, hi guys I'm doing my leaving cert this year and I'm thinking of either doing European Studies or Political science and law in tcd. I'm very interested in politics/international relations and would love to work in the dáil/ the European Union. European studies is looking as MY top choice but I'd like to know in European studies, would you be able to focus more on the political modules than the history (ofc there's the core his modules) and in political science, would you be able to a language? Anything else about the courses would be greatly appreciated X

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Political science and law. Hands down.
    There used to be an optional language course, not sure about now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Katnissk

Political science and law. Hands down.
    There used to be an optional language course, not sure about now.

What are the lectures and modules like for politics and law? I don't want to become a qualified barrister afterwards but feel knowing law with politics would be really beneficial!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

I can only speak for the politics side, but it's one of the best regarded departments in the field. Political science and law would be an excellent combo for public service, journalism, Europe or industry. European studies is a little more, eh, nebulous than focused, but is well regarded and there are some overlapping modules, if I remember correctly. Take a look at the lecturer and course profiles for each. There may even be a student handbook online, too.

Advertisement