Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Confession Tapes [Netflix]

• 17-09-2017 8:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭

Is anyone else watching this show on Netflix?
    I have watched the first 2 EPs and it is really well done for anyone who likes making a murderer style shows. Summary below

The Confession Tapes (2017)
    A critical look into some true crime cases where American law enforcement made up for lack of actual physical evidence by using devious psychological tactics during interrogation in order to extract confessions from naive suspect's

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Yeah watched a few episodes over the weekend. Very well put together, shocking how the police use dodgy tactics to extract confessions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Yeah watched a few episodes over the weekend. Very well put together, shocking how the police use dodgy tactics to extract confessions.

I have never heard of the Mr big technique...but literally it was only evidence they seemed to have...bizarre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

gmisk wrote: »
    I have never heard of the Mr big technique...but literally it was only evidence they seemed to have...bizarre

I remember hearing about it in the podcast Casefile they were covering a case in Australia who used a similar technique to catch a guy. Was mad hearing the **** they got away with all in the name of justice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

I binge watched this, brilliant series but I was left feeling so angry at the way the 'confessions' were extracted from people. The 8th & H episode was particularly sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Watched it all over the space of the last 2 days.

Very depressing view of the US judicial system,

• Advertisement
Advertisement