Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spray painting a keyboard

• 17-09-2017 8:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi all.
    I have a keyboard that I would like to change colour from black to a light grey. It's composed of two piece - a case and top bracket. It's a small, once off job which I want done right so don't want to invest in the spray painting tools, etc necessary to get a great finish.

Wondering if anyone might recommend a cost effective way to get it done professionally?
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

DeLaTroY wrote: »
    Hi all.
    I have a keyboard that I would like to change colour from black to a light grey. It's composed of two piece - a case and top bracket. It's a small, once off job which I want done right so don't want to invest in the spray painting tools, etc necessary to get a great finish.

Wondering if anyone might recommend a cost effective way to get it done professionally?
    Thanks in advance!

Id say it would be more cost effective to buy a new keyboard unless its some high end gaming keyboard.

I would dismantle the keyboard and separate the bits that you want to colour.
    Give them a clean with mineral spirits to remove any dirt and grease.
    Find a way to mount the pieces so that any visible areas are not touching any surfaces.

Give it a coat or two of primer.

Then a few coats of your desired colour.

Reassemble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Plastic paint is the stuff. You can buy white and black not sure about greys.
    Rustoleum direct to plastic is what its called.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

a musical keyboard??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Take apart
    Sand
    Spray

Advertisement