Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brooks Adrenaline 17 are very slippy on some surface..

Options
  • 17-09-2017 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi
    After doing a Gait analysis I have made the switch from my long standing Asics to the Brooks Adrenaline. Bought them about 6 weeks ago, with intention and f buying a second pair in a couple days of weeks time (doing DCM in Oct)

Anyway, I've noticed that on certain sheltered tarmac roads, or very smooth tarmac paths they become very slippy, and I lose huge traction when running. My training tends to be a couple of outdoor runs (inc the LSR's), and a couple of treadmill runs.

Has anyone else experienced any issues with shoes losing traction etc? I was really fed up today as it impacted a lot on my LSR.

Any ideas what this could be, anything to solve it?
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭S.L.F.

JacEim wrote: »
    Hi
    After doing a Gait analysis I have made the switch from my long standing Asics to the Brooks Adrenaline. Bought them about 6 weeks ago, with intention and f buying a second pair in a couple days of weeks time (doing DCM in Oct)

Anyway, I've noticed that on certain sheltered tarmac roads, or very smooth tarmac paths they become very slippy, and I lose huge traction when running. My training tends to be a couple of outdoor runs (inc the LSR's), and a couple of treadmill runs.

Has anyone else experienced any issues with shoes losing traction etc? I was really fed up today as it impacted a lot on my LSR.

Cheers

I've been wearing Brooks Adrenaline and GTS for years and never had a problem with them.
    On the other hand I have had many experiences with Asics shoes and my toe coming out of the toe box after just a few months. Enough for me to never buy another pair of Asics again and change to Brooks. :D

Autumn time is defo the time for slippery surfaces with leaves coming off trees and plenty of rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭JacEim

Tks - I've been having less Achilles issues since I've changed over (usually tight), but don't know if it is anything to do with the shoes.. ��

But.... I've never had any traction issues with the Asics before. Have been wondering if perhaps some type of oily material has got onto the sole, whether I should try to clean with something etc??

OR... perhaps it's that they are still relatively new and it is Autumn...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭S.L.F.

Tks - I've been having less Achilles issues since I've changed over (usually tight), but don't know if it is anything to do with the shoes.. ��

But.... I've never had any traction issues with the Asics before. Have been wondering if perhaps some type of oily material has got onto the sole, whether I should try to clean with something etc??

OR... perhaps it's that they are still relatively new and it is Autumn...

I'm really not sure but maybe change the surface you're running on if you're happy enough with the shoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

Hi

Cheers

i have had the same problem with 2 pairs of Brooks in the last year(pureflow & pure connect, wet tarmac is the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Been wearing adrenaline's for years and GTS17s are the first where I've encountered these traction issues. These are different to earlier versions definitely.

• Advertisement
Advertisement