Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

K coach

• 17-09-2017 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I've recently started commuting to newbridge for work. Traveling from Naas was made easy using the kcoach facility which was perfect time wise for me. However last week it didn't run at all, I'm wondering if anyone knows does it stop running during school terms or was there another reason?
    Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Maybe call them

Glen Whelan Coaches operates it http://www.glenwhelantravel.com/town-to-town-service

• Registered Users Posts: 2 european af

Fical87 wrote: »
    I've recently started commuting to newbridge for work. Traveling from Naas was made easy using the kcoach facility which was perfect time wise for me. However last week it didn't run at all, I'm wondering if anyone knows does it stop running during school terms or was there another reason?
    Thanks in advance!!
    I had the exact same experience, no sign of them since. Have they gone out of business? Skipping stops is a serious violation of their licence and ought to be brought to the attention of the NTA. Seems crazy to me that there are no buses from Naas to Newbridge between 8:00-8:30, especially since Bus Éireann and Dublin Coach are usually late.
    CeilingFly wrote: »
    Maybe call them
    Goes to a home answering machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Naas Man

Seems to be a habit of theirs I think.

Know of some kids who use the service from Kilcullen road and the time table says the bus picks up from Pipers Hill. But it seems the drivers don't bother going that far and the children were left stranded more often than not, because school was out with holidays.
    Numerous calls etc to the office and it was hit and miss if it turned up.

Not a way to run a service! No wonder they had no passengers if they weren't going to stick to their route and time table! You can understand delays with traffic especially on the Naas - Clane route with the traffic congestion in Sallins. Don't know what it's like on the Newbridge route.
    Just seems the driver didn't bother going to Pipers Hill and so anyone on the part of the route were left stranded just because school was out for holidays.
    Wonder if it is the same on the Newbridge route?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 IrishNexus

Can anyone update on this topic?
    The K Coach website, glenwhelantravel.com has been down for months and i cant seem to find a timetable anywhere.
    Are they still running?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Maybe I am wrong but.....

On driving home from Tesco's I saw a green bus ( am not certain if this is the K coach mentioned?) heading for Kildare Town. AFAIK this is also the bus which goes to The cinema up by the ball in Naas. So, if it is the same service, then they are back in action, otherwise, I am sorry I can't be more help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 IrishNexus

On driving home from Tesco's I saw a green bus ( am not certain if this is the K coach mentioned?) heading for Kildare Town.

This is the Dublin Coach, K Coach were generally unbranded white busses.
    I've come to the conclusion from talking to multiple people that they are not running anymore though.
    Thanks all the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,930 ✭✭✭ebbsy

K coach has been gone for sometime I think. A good idea but the buses were very old and unkempt. When they started up Dublin coach reduced their Kildare fares to €1, possibly to squeeze them out. When K Coach disappeared fares went back up to €2....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

ebbsy wrote: »
    K coach has been gone for sometime I think. A good idea but the buses were very old and unkempt. When they started up Dublin coach reduced their Kildare fares to €1, possibly to squeeze them out. When K Coach disappeared fares went back up to €2....

Wonder are DC about to be squeezed themselves?

message #547 https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057766687&page=37

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tommy65

Thanks in advance!!

the kcoach starts today you go to kcocah.ie you get new timetable there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭brian_t

tommy65 wrote: »
    the kcoach starts today you go to kcocah.ie you get new timetable there

I think you mean - http://www.kcoach.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

So under the new management, the fare has increased to €3...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tommy65

Thanks in advance!!
    the coach is back with new owners and started back today the kcoach time table is back on line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭NedNew2

the coach is back with new owners and started back today the kcoach time table is back on line

And the bus looks nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Does anyone know who the 'new' owners are? (Not that new anymore...) I was on K-Coach for the first time in years, and when I said I was going to Kildare, the driver said "The green bus is just behind." I was wondering why he was taking business away from his bosses, even if it would have saved me a euro. Also, there were only two passengers on it, so it's not as if there was no room!

I got the bus anyway, since the K-Coach is supposed to stop twice before the main stop in Kildare town, unlike Dublin Coach. I was sitting near the front so I noticed that the disc holders (or whatever they're called) were Dublin Coach 'brand'. :confused:

When I asked to get out at the stop before the Square in Kildare, the driver rudely said that they don't stop there anymore, the company policy had changed. I was thinking "Calm down! And why hasn't the timetable changed if that's the case?" but I didn't say it to him since he was getting so agitated so quickly for no good reason. :confused:

So...do Dublin Coach own K-Coach?

493457.PNG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Vic_08

So...do Dublin Coach own K-Coach?

Yes.

Advertisement