Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Marathon 2018

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Itziger wrote: »
    What are they hoping for, do you know?

Murph is looking to PB, FBOT wouldn’t tell me last Sunday in McGrattans what his goal was!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭ISOP

New York is a tough one to PB in

FBOT 10k - 44.41

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

ISOP wrote: »
    New York is a tough one to PB in

It is. I got a small PB there 3 years ago. Took about 70 seconds off my previous time, but was hoping to go quite a bit faster. Even after all the research I was taken a bit by surprise by some of the hills. The one at Halfway and the one near the end. A killer that one. Just before you head into the Park.

Murph_D 10k - 48.00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭ISOP

It is. I got a small PB there 3 years ago. Took about 70 seconds off my previous time, but was hoping to go quite a bit faster. Even after all the research I was taken a bit by surprise by some of the hills. The one at Halfway and the one near the end. A killer that one. Just before you head into the Park.
    Queensboro Bridge at 16 finished my marathonv pb hopes there

Keitany, fooking hell. Bye Bye.

ISOP wrote: »
    Queensboro Bridge at 16 finished my marathonv pb hopes there

ISOP, I find that the climbs that everyone talks about turn out to be 'doable' on the day. It's often the lesser known ones that get ya!

FBOT Half - 1.34.36

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭eyrie

Keitany, fooking hell. Bye Bye.
    She was only 10 seconds behind the men's pace at one point! For mile 15 I think

• Advertisement

Murph_D Half - 1.40.51

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭eyrie

Agonisingly close to course record for Keitany, looks just outside it though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Some finish to the men's race. What a comeback from Kitata....thought Desisa had it wrapped up when he dropped Kamworor. Nice to see him back in the winners circle.

FBOT 3.13.19 Finish

Sheeeet, the two boys will have a tale to tell of the last few miles.

Murph_D 3.29.18 Finish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

D sub 3:30. Tough run from the splits.

Well done men.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bigslice

Club mate ran Dublin last Sunday as target race for a his first sub3. Finished in 3.01, disappointed, took a few/slap of pints and flew to New York on Friday to run it with another cub runner who didn’t run Dublin.

Finished today in 2.55 today. Delighted for him and broke a load of marathon “rules” in the process :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

bigslice wrote: »
    Club mate ran Dublin last Sunday as target race for a his first sub3. Finished in 3.01, disappointed, took a few/slap of pints and flew to New York on Friday to run it with another cub runner who didn’t run Dublin.

Finished today in 2.55 today. Delighted for him and broke a load of marathon “rules” in the process :-)

2:55 is a savage run around New York. Can definitely go a bit faster on a more favourable course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Sheeeet, the two boys will have a tale to tell of the last few miles.

My tale started with some old hip flexors issues rearing their head in the first half and then my left ITB suffered badly on the run down off the Queensborg Bridge. It was battle after that. I was fighting the good fight until the drag up 5th Ave before the entering the park. But the course won in the end and the last 5k was a slow march home......

FYI the target was a London GFA of sub 3:10.

This is a great event and the experience was amazing even if the result wasn't what I wanted. Worth the trip:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

OOnegative wrote: »
    Murph is looking to PB, FBOT wouldn’t tell me last Sunday in McGrattans what his goal was!!!

You didn't ask :D

eyrie wrote: »
    Agonisingly close to course record for Keitany, looks just outside it though

She should have run a bit faster in the second half. I mean, 1.06.58. C'mon.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭opus

I liked the story about the agents running with the president of Estonia.

Secret Service Agents Run New York City Marathon to Protect President of Estonia

Advertisement