Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie buyer question

Options
  • 17-09-2017 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

This might seem like a stupid question, but I am looking to buying a house and want to know- if I view a house and like it, by putting an offer in... If the seller accepts my offer, am I legally bound to go through with it or do I still have time to consider, etc? I just want to be sure.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭wench

If you buy at auction, you are committed to completing the sale.
    If it a normal private treaty sale then no, until contracts are signed either side may pull out.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Thank you. Yes, sorry, I meant buying in a normal treaty sale.

That's good to know so, because I wanted to view a house next week and want to know what the next step is in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

You put a booking deposit down once your offer is accepted and you're officially Sale agreed by then. Deposit is refundable until contracts are signed (where you pay the full 10% of the deposit). From that point you're committed to go through with the sale.

Advertisement