Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bobby "The Brain" Heenan RIP

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Well there goes another piece of my childhood. Bobby Heenan was easily Hulk Hogan's true arch nemesis when I was a kid. Orndorff, Studd, Bundy, Andre - he threw everthing at Hulk to get that WWF title. The man could talk for days and was never afraid to take a bump in the line of duty.

I'm sure Jim Cornette will have some great anecdotes about The Brain and will be keeping an eye out for them on YouTube in the coming days and weeks.

RIP.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Been reading this throughout the morning, the man really had some great lines and wit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

The greatest manager ever seen and for my money, the greatest colour commentator ever seen.

Often times his jibes with Gorilla were more entertaining than the matches they called.

He was the perfect foil for the straight man.

Sad news indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Only seeing this now, so sad.
    He was the best thing about the wrestling when I watched it as a kid.
    Managed all the good wrestlers rick rude , Adrian Adonis (his fight with brutus beefcake was amazing), andre , bundy and my favourite "the king" Harley Race.
    Rest In Peace Bobby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Very sad news :(

Watching The brain as a kid was always pure joy. He could sell the outlandish with ease, have you hating him the next moment and then laughing your ass off at his antics moments later.

Best in the business and a true legend.

RIP Bobby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,300 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

leggo wrote: »
    Late notice but we're live tweeting the Rumble 92 match (just the match from the Network timestamp) as a tribute at @HashtagLowBlows from 9pm if anyone wants to join in the nostalgia.

I read them a few hours after the fact last night. Very funny stuff. The old it's a kilt not a skirt call is still brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

[On Nitro after Gorilla Monsoon passed away]
    "You know the Pearly Gates in heaven? It's now gonna be called the Gorilla Position."

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭wezzopalooza

Just gonna drop this here- Bobby at his best putting the Hart family on blast!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement