Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer Problem

Options
  • 18-09-2017 3:39am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a Brother HDL Laser printer (don't have exact model name) that is about 7-8 years old and up to recently it worked fine, but with increasing glitches. But since the latest upgrade to my PC (which is Windows 10) it simply won't work at all.

I did a troubleshoot and it appears that the printer and the computer's USB connection are no longer compatible because the printer doesn't recognise the computer's USB 3.0 system. :mad:

I tried an Ethernet cable to link the printer and computer but was pulling my hair out looking to get drivers installed on the software.

Should I simply ditch the printer and get a new one? I need to print out some important travel documents in the next couple of days so I need to do something pretty quickly.

Any advice would be most welcome! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Make and model of printer? But I'm guessing there won't be Windows 10 drivers for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi OP

USB3 is backwards compatible. Last poster is probably correct its likely a driver issue.

google your printer model number and windows 10 drive . there may be a drive you can use that will get you going.

Advertisement