Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sub60swim ... 2017/2018 ... Dublin city centre

Options
  • 18-09-2017 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks

Hope this is cool mods - happy for it to be moved if necessary or deemed unsightly.

Searched the emails recently and realised this is the 6th year for these sessions. Scary stuff.

In a world where there's a tendency for immediate results, throwing money at a problem these sessions swim against the current - if you're serious about building a base on good technique in preparation for your triathlon goals for next season then there are no short cuts.
    • If you're a TI member ... you're welcome.
    • If you're already swimming with you're club but want to compliment your swimming with these sessions ... you're welcome.
    • If you're a complete novice who is learning to swim ... this may not be the best session for you, but feel free to ask swim advice here and Ill do my best to answer it.
    All details below - I am more than happy to offer an opinion on all items swim related between now and this kicking off on this thread.

How Much: 10 week block for €70
    When: Starting Friday 13th October (please be on pool deck at 6.55 that night) ending Friday 15th December
    Where: 7-8pm Belvedere Pool (6 Great Denmark Street, Dublin 1, Ireland)

How to register and pay: Click here (http://3dtri.com/index.php…) and ensure you select Friday swimming and process the PayPal Transaction completely ;) or email reservations3d@gmail.com to register intent and pay on the night.

All swimmers who have valid Triathlon Ireland membership are welcome. For those repeat offenders please do spread the word and bring your friends.

Lanes are graded during the first week and standards vary (and thats perfectly ok ;))

To get the most from the sessions realistically you would need to be able to swim 100 meters in approx 2 mins 15sec.max.
    If you're not sure ? just ask via a message.

More details ? A similar recipe as before, but hopefully building on all the good work from the Summer ;)
    a) 2 sessions 'homework' via email that are in line with what your lane is doing each Friday.

b) Help individuals with low hanging fruit for some on their strokes - small, simple changes that they can practice and adopt in racing easily without reinventing wheel. Ad-hoc video analysis done.

c) Over the course of this block and into 2017, ensure volume increases to ensure endurance work in the pool each week is being done ( whether for 750 / 1500 / 1.9 / 3.8 ) this is important.

d) For those going middle / long .... dialing in the pace to swim at / that they can maintain efficient stroke .... sets like 40*50 holding X on y .... holding stroke/form when tiring.

e) Determining your swimming 'sweet spot' or pace that you should hold rather than you can hold is key to delivering you to your bike in a state where you can continue to compete. No matter what distance you're tackling.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

How many blocks are you planning to run? Not sure I want to be back in the pool by 13th October :)

What's the parking like round there? Could park at my folks and walk down but...effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

Parking at the pool in an underground carpark for 2€.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

How many blocks are you planning to run? Not sure I want to be back in the pool by 13th October :)

What's the parking like round there? Could park at my folks and walk down but...effort.

Over last couple of years due to demand theres been 2.5 blocks
    1 before the holidays, 1 after and another 5 week block bringing people to their races.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bloke

Would love to sign up for this, amazingly the time and location happens to be perfect!

Paypal payment / signup link doesn't seem to work? Emailed reservations3d@gmail.com anyway to register interest.

Started triathlon last year and have been swim training on a combination of internet self-help and half remembered childhood lessons... time to try some more formal swim training to try to bring down the swim times! Got from ~2:05/100 to ~ 1:54/100 for a long swim in the last year but further improvement is proving elusive :-)

bloke wrote: »
    Would love to sign up for this, amazingly the time and location happens to be perfect!

Paypal payment / signup link doesn't seem to work? Emailed reservations3d@gmail.com anyway to register interest.

Started triathlon last year and have been swim training on a combination of internet self-help and half remembered childhood lessons... time to try some more formal swim training to try to bring down the swim times! Got from ~2:05/100 to ~ 1:54/100 for a long swim in the last year but further improvement is proving elusive :-)

Re paypal link ... yeah, club have yet to push it live
    Sounds like a good fit in terms of timing and where you're at - would be happy to have you along.
    Ping an email to that email address with statement of intent.
    Ill update here when the link does go live, but will also take currency on the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Is it that time of year again already?? :)

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Is it that time of year again already?? :)

Yes it is ... chill in the air .. time to get back to the pool, hows the leg kick drills going ? ;)

bloke wrote: »

Hey .. did you get a response from that email by the way ?
    if not, just message me here

interested wrote: »
    Hey Folks
    • If you're a TI member ... you're welcome.
    • If you're already swimming with you're club but want to compliment your swimming with these sessions ... you're welcome.
    • If you're a complete novice who is learning to swim ... this may not be the best session for you, but feel free to ask swim advice here and Ill do my best to answer it.
    All details below - I am more than happy to offer an opinion on all items swim related between now and this kicking off on this thread.

How Much: 10 week block for €70
    When: Starting Friday 13th October (please be on pool deck at 6.55 that night) ending Friday 15th December
    Where: 7-8pm Belvedere Pool (6 Great Denmark Street, Dublin 1, Ireland)

Seems the paypal option is only available to club members
    To be clear you do NOT need to be a 3D member to attend, just a TI member
    Message me here with intent, any question re your current ability and is it a suitable session and come along with cash on the night

All welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bloke

interested wrote: »
    Hey .. did you get a response from that email by the way ?
    if not, just message me here

Yep got a response Sep 19th and I'm on the list - thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement