Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Box nation

Options
  • 18-09-2017 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

On one of your forums it stated the GGG v Canelo fight which was on box nation was being shown as was free to box nation subscribers.

It wasnt shown over the weekend - can someone tell me why this was ? I assumed that via one of your advisors it was beiung and attempted to record and it wouldnt. When I went to watch a replay live it also wouldnt show as restricted .

https://community.eir.ie/eirsport-316/boxnation-this-weekend-ggg-v-canelo-alvarez-295066

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

noddy69 wrote: »
    On one of your forums it stated the GGG v Canelo fight which was on box nation was being shown as was free to box nation subscribers.

It wasnt shown over the weekend - can someone tell me why this was ? I assumed that via one of your advisors it was beiung and attempted to record and it wouldnt. When I went to watch a replay live it also wouldnt show as restricted .

https://community.eir.ie/eirsport-316/boxnation-this-weekend-ggg-v-canelo-alvarez-295066
    Hi noddy69, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

I'm afraid the fight was not shown due to BoxNation making this fight a PPV only advent. I'm afraid this is out of our control. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭noddy69

Hi Adam,

Why would the forum not update the info given to subscribers ? Greatly inconivenienced by that info given by an Eir rep as I missed the fight.

Secondly someone has stated if you are a box nation only subscriber it was free. Did this not extend to subscribers through Eir sports or do I have that wrong ?

Thanks

Hi Adam,

Why would the forum not update the info given to subscribers ? Greatly inconivenienced by that info given by an Eir rep as I missed the fight.

Secondly someone has stated if you are a box nation only subscriber it was free. Did this not extend to subscribers through Eir sports or do I have that wrong ?

Thanks
    Apologies for the inconvenience caused, I understand this is frustrating. The thread has now been updated on the forum since we were made aware of this. 

The fight was PPV for all customers so any customer viewing it would have had to pay. All information in relation to the fight would be on the BoxNation website. 

Thanks

Adam 

Hi Adam

Taken from website:

This event will be available as a special PPV event on BoxNation Box Office (Channel 490 on Sky) for £16.95. Existing subscribers who pay for BoxNation will get the fight included as part of their subscription (excludes those who get the channel free with BT Sport on Sky TV)

Would be good if Eir sports could have updated subscribers to the bracketed piece prior to the fight as that info was I think you'll agree quite important.
    My lesson learned for next time si do proper research hopefully Eir Sports might do the same.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,728 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

You've got it wrong op.

If you subscribe to BoxNation you got the fight.

However, if you get BoxNation through having an EirSports subscription then you had to buy the event separately

• Advertisement

@Callaway92- cheer, admitting I have by my last post, that doesnt take away from the fact an Eir rep said it was free on the initial link.Anyway event over so harm done

Hi Adam

Taken from website:

This event will be available as a special PPV event on BoxNation Box Office (Channel 490 on Sky) for £16.95. Existing subscribers who pay for BoxNation will get the fight included as part of their subscription (excludes those who get the channel free with BT Sport on Sky TV)

Would be good if Eir sports could have updated subscribers to the bracketed piece prior to the fight as that info was I think you'll agree quite important.
    My lesson learned for next time si do proper research hopefully Eir Sports might do the same.

Thanks.
    Thanks for the update and for letting us know. 

I'll be sure to pass this feedback on. Apologies again. 

Thanks 

Adam 

Advertisement