Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Michael O'Leary can't even manage his own business......

12346»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Allinall wrote: »
    Just had the return leg of a flight from dub - Birmingham in December cancelled.

PITA
    Its time for M O ‘ Leary to consider his position . He has let passengers /customers down in a very bay way .

The link is for British Newspapers front pages on the BBC .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-41422648

Certainly getting a lot of coverage on the front pages of British newspapers for all the wrong reasons .

You’d think we would be seeing more of the guy that is at the head of this company .

After all his company is on the front pages for all the wrong reasons .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

One thing I do know is that if O'Leary had been a hired CEO he would now be an ex-CEO.

Are you people completely deluded? The share price of Ryanair is not going anywhere but up - all thanks to Michael O'Leary. Yes he is ruthless, cutthroat, whatever else you want to call him, but that's what it takes to get to the top. Any good businessman knows this. They are not out there to make friends - they are out there to make money and deliver shareholder value. He has been forced into the position of having to cancel flights but this is a tiny speed bump in terms of company performance that has been blown up out of control by the media from the likes of the Independent because they've nothing else to rabbit on about at the moment.

Customers are angry - they'll get over it and they'll book again and again. They always do. Because you can't resist Ryanair's business model - affordable no-nonsense flights and constant expansion.

Before the first news broke about flight cancellations, Ryanair's price closed at 17.41. Yesterday it closed at 17.07 - down less than 2%. Investors and analysts (people that actually perform detailed research and understand the company) know that the cancellations are a necessary exercise and can see that the future is bright because of one man's leadership and the quality of the company in general.

This man has given returns of over 30% annualised over the past 5 years to investors - consistently delivering over double the S&P500. Some of the best paid fund managers in the world couldn't do that. So don't post tripe about he should be fired, he should consider his position, he has become a liability, he is replaceable...

Shoddy treatment of Passengers .

Shoddy treatment of Employees .

Shoddy running of the Ryanair business .

That’s a Whole Lot of Shoddy by Anyone standards .

O’ Leary should do to himself , as he would preach to others for such shoddy performance .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

blinding wrote: »
    Shoddy treatment of Passengers .

Shoddy treatment of Employees .

Shoddy running of the Ryanair business .

That’s a Whole Lot of Shoddy by Anyone standards .

O’ Leary should do to himself , as he would preach to others for such shoddy performance .

And yet after all this shoddy treatment and shoddy practices, which didn't start last couple of weeks which no doubt you will agree, the company has gone from strength to strength, is a huge success story with ever growing numbers of customers.

Loads of people bitch about their customer service yet they continue to fly with them.
    Why ?
    Maybe it is prices ?
    Maybe it is routes and convenience ?

BTW you really appear to have one serious chip on your shoulder about O'Leary.

I am not allowed discuss …

O’ Leary is well able to call out other peoples short comings and should be able to take the stick he deserves .

He has gone to ground (in more ways than one ) after his last press conference .

We would be hearing plenty from O ‘Leary if there was somebody he though deserved a good bollock!ng .

If he can’t take it , he shouldn’t dish it out .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Prezatch wrote: »
    Are you people completely deluded?

Thats all very nice and all, but back in the real world when a large organisation suffers huge reputational damage allied to a hefty financial loss all caused by operational issues within the company, well, generally there is only one result.

Whether they appreciated the job he had done or not, if O'Leary was answerable to a board he would have been shitcanned by now for PR reasons as much as anything else. Claiming otherwise is just being naive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Thats all very nice and all, but back in the real world when a large organisation suffers huge reputational damage allied to a hefty financial loss all caused by operational issues within the company, well, generally there is only one result.

Whether they appreciated the job he had done or not, if O'Leary was answerable to a board he would have been shitcanned by now for PR reasons as much as anything else. Claiming otherwise is just being naive.

he is answerable to a board. he is also answerable to small group of major shareholders who hold more than 30% between them. if they wanted him gone he would be gone. His own 4% holding wouldnt save him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

The end of the line for Ryanair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

LordSutch wrote: »
    The end of the line for Ryanair?

€1.3bn profits last year. far from the end of the line. only a speedbump.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

O'Leary has now entered into the realm of Eddie Hobbs and Jim Power of 'soft landing' fame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Ever done a roster for 12,000 staff spread about 85 different bases travelling to 200+ countries and contend with air traffic delays, ground delays etc. and ensure all meet very strict airline safety regulations?

Methinks not.

Doesn't excuse the current shambles, but to compare it to doing a roster for a shop or restaurant is plain stupid.

It's actually worse than stupid

€1.3bn profits last year. far from the end of the line. only a speedbump.
    Speed bumps on runways would be tricky .;)

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/oleary-takes-vow-of-silence-as-he-declines-dil-invite-36191308.html

Jeez Michael ‘O is gone very quite . Normally willing to tell everyone what’s what .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭stevedublin

Jeez Michael ‘O is gone very quite . Normally willing to tell everyone what’s what .

Must be very tough for the man!

http://www.thejournal.ie/ryanair-letter-pilots-3632164-Oct2017/

The Business Genius that is Michael O’ Bigmouth has worked out that he needs enough Pilots to fly his planes .

Keeping his bigmouth shut for awhile seems to have freed up some brain cells .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

http://www.thejournal.ie/ryanair-letter-pilots-3632164-Oct2017/

The Business Genius that is Michael O’ Bigmouth has worked out that he needs enough Pilots to fly his planes .

Keeping his bigmouth shut for awhile seems to have freed up some brain cells .

Has he physically or mentally hurt you in some way in the past? You seem obsessed with him.

Has he physically or mentally hurt you in some way in the past? You seem obsessed with him.
    I wait for any that have crossed me . I do not , when the opportunity arises miss such an obvious chance .

I have seen enough of Ryanair in action to put the boot in when given the opportunity .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭conorhal

jmayo wrote: »
    And yet after all this shoddy treatment and shoddy practices, which didn't start last couple of weeks which no doubt you will agree, the company has gone from strength to strength, is a huge success story with ever growing numbers of customers.

Loads of people bitch about their customer service yet they continue to fly with them.
    Why ?
    Maybe it is prices ?
    Maybe it is routes and convenience ?

BTW you really appear to have one serious chip on your shoulder about O'Leary.

Well people have shoddy expectations these days.

• Advertisement

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41384789

China had Mao !

Ryanair have Big Mou............th .

Someone gets to take off !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41384789

Its not Michael ‘ O mind .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4994928/Ryanair-begs-ex-pilots-deserted-airline-return.html

Michael O’Leary learning about the law of supply and demand .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Floppybits

And to think people wanted O'Leary to run the Health service.

Delighted to see this man shown up for the arrogant bully he is. He might now learn to respect those that work for him and keep his company going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Goodness gracious, I can't understand the hatred for the man on here. From one poster in particular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

When in doubt, reference 'news' from the Daily Mail.

• Advertisement

Prezatch wrote: »
    When in doubt, reference 'news' from the Daily Mail.
    I’ m guessing Mr O' Leary would not be slow in litigating if the Daily mail were factually incorrect .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

I wait for any that have crossed me . I do not , when the opportunity arises miss such an obvious chance .

I have seen enough of Ryanair in action to put the boot in when given the opportunity .

Ah g'wan,don't leave us in suspense.....:D

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Ah g'wan,don't leave us in suspense.....:D
    Ok a taster .

I was going on my holiers and there was a young lady who had a violin case ( presumedly a violin within ) who must have thought that she would get this through as hand luggage . Anyway they had the poor girl in tears because she did not have the money to pay their highway robbery . I don’t know how this was resolved because I moved away from this misery .

I do not need to be witnessing this sort of stuff as I am heading away on holiday . This was some time ago and back then it is possible that the young woman did not realise she was going to be shaken down for dough in that situation .

The next one was to do with myself . I booked two return flights for christmas . The second person did not come . The outward flight was no problem . The return was actually cancelled twice due to weather conditions but somewhere along the line when they take your details one of those ‘ nice ryanair ‘ people mentioned that there was a change in my booking and didn’t say anything else !

Anyway , get home and sometime later check my bank account and notice that Ryanair have ‘ fined ‘ me for my changed booking . Never mentioned they would be doing this by the way .

I assume that this ‘ nice ‘ Ryanair person got commission for their ‘ fine ‘ just by the way it was done and a sixth sense ( that may be wrong )

Again this was quite a while ago and customers may not have been aware of Ryanair's ‘ treatment ‘ of passengers .

This has been enough for me to only fly with Ryanair when there is no suitable alternative . Twice bitten makes me a little shy .

Advertisement