Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spending in Russia

• 18-09-2017 11:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

I'm going to St Petersburg in a few weeks for about 5 days. As part of going, I'm trying to figure out:
    • Is it worthwhile buying Rubles in Ireland? Is this even in possible?
    • Would a prepaid card be better?
    • Bring Euro to St. Petersburg?
    • Any suggestions on where to change Euro in St Petersburg?
    Anything else I may have missed?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Using a Revolut card would probably be your best bet.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I don't know anywhere that does Rubles in Ireland. The only place I can think of that might is that ICE currency exchange place in Dublin Airport. Also make sure and change any Rubles you have left back into Euro before you head home because you could have a hard time getting rid of them here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭MRG77

You will get roubles in the Ulster bank. But you need to have an account with them and you will have to pre-order them.

Advertisement