Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where's my car????

• 18-09-2017 11:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭Rave.ef

Was in a car park over the weekend and the amount of people who couldn't remember where they parked was astonishing. So it got me thinking dose this happen to many people? It's never personally happened to me.

And yes I was I know I was being a nosey.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭corner of hells

When you say "astomishing" do mean thousands of people or four or five ?
    To continue with the diversity of the thread I've noticed that every Autumn leaves fall from some trees but not them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭Rave.ef

6 or 7.
    They are called ever greens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Dude! Sorry had to :o

We were on the airport bus heading for the long term car park last year, it was 1am, we were tired and had 2 kids with us. I looked at my husband and said I have no idea where we parked, neither did he. Obviously the car park is huge and it was a week before when we parked and it was now pitch black outside.
    Other people on the bus were smugly looking at us as if to say you feckin eejits.
    The bus stopped at the next stop and I saw it, it was like that pot noodle ad "there it is!!!". Grabbed the cases and hopped off, waving at the people who were so smug just a minute earlier. Phew

PandaPoo wrote: »

We were on the airport bus heading for the long term car park last year, it was 1am, we were tired and had 2 kids with us. I looked at my husband and said I have no idea where we parked, neither did he. Obviously the car park is huge and it was a week before when we parked and it was now pitch black outside.
    Other people on the bus were smugly looking at us as if to say you feckin eejits.
    The bus stopped at the next stop and I saw it, it was like that pot noodle ad "there it is!!!". Grabbed the cases and hopped off, waving at the people who were so smug just a minute earlier. Phew

Man I'd do well to remember what country I'm in at 1am after travel nevermind where my car is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

My car is in the Itchy lot.

BnlilrSIQAARpgd.jpg

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    Man I'd do well to remember what country I'm in at 1am after travel nevermind where my car is

This year we took a pic of the sign with the row letter and number on it. Of course my phone was dead when we got there but we knew we were the last stop :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Rave.ef wrote: »
    Was in a car park over the weekend and the amount of people who couldn't remember where they parked was astonishing. So it got me thinking dose this happen to many people? It's never personally happened to me.

6 or 7.

Did you just follow random people to see where they were parked?

To be fair thats easy happen after a week and at that hour of the morning. but an hour in a shopping centre is what got me wondering about it.

bear1 wrote: »

6 or 7.

Did you just follow random people to see where they were parked?
    No I'm not that brave with my creeping...yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,290 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

tried to find that advert on youtube to no avail :(

everlast75 wrote: »
    tried to find that advert on youtube to no avail :(

https://youtu.be/ClKMIr3WpjY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

You answered your own question before you asked it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Considering the absolutely ridiculous things I do like leaving my keys on holidays. Locking my keys in the boot. Leaving my keys in the engine while going shopping.....

I never forget where I'm parked.

I always take a mental note of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,290 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I take a picture on my phone of where my car is - with either the space or some landmark around it.

I generally remember but just in case...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

If you click on the blue dot in google maps, it will prompt you with a screen to save your parking. I always use that. You can also save notes or a picture with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

One thing that has but me off in the past is when your in a shopping center and your park in the blue car park and enter via Mark and Spencer.(For example) You spend a while in the center and when your about to leave they've only one exit/entrance left open and you've to work out how to get around the outside of the shopping center!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

I know some IFSC toffs who like to cram up our estate and for those lucky few that park too close to a junction, we have a task force that calls the corpo and they tow the car all the way up to sheriff st.

Now that's a where's my car moment, somebody get the popcorn when they arrive back to have their car gone.

I know some IFSC toffs who like to cram up our estate and for those lucky few that park too close to a junction, we have a task force that calls the corpo and they tow the car all the way up to sheriff st.

Now that's a where's my car moment, somebody get the popcorn when they arrive back to have their car gone.

Some morning the people living in the estate will be wondering why their brakes aren't working!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Where's your car dude?

• Advertisement

Some morning the people living in the estate will be wondering why their brakes aren't working!

Lol why would that be?

Lol why would that be?

They'd be cut why the people who's cars have being towed figures out who reported them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Dublin airport Long Stay now have signs suggesting you take a photo with your phone of the Zone sign you are parked in before getting on the shuttle bus

They'd be cut why the people who's cars have being towed figures out who reported them!

So you would cut random peoples breaks in spite of you being illegally parked and causing an obstruction?

Jaysis criminal damage and a parking ticket all in one go, isn't it any wonder that we don't want you parking around here.

So you would cut random peoples breaks in spite of you being illegally parked and causing an obstruction?

Jaysis criminal damage and a parking ticket all in one go, isn't it any wonder that we don't want you parking around here.

I never said I would but some people would!
    I have heard of cars being keyed tough in an estate for people reporting people for parking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

CruelCoin wrote: »
    Where's your car dude?

Shibby!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

The night sailing from holyhead to Dublin, first time on it and had just spent the previous day traveling and driving in the UK. Drove onto the ferry, got parked up and half asleep. We were making our way to a stairwell and a woman infront says to her husband to remember we are parked on deck H5, thank God she did, I would had no idea where I was parked for the morning.
    Morning came and even though I remembered where I was parked, I just barely made it to the car before all the cars infront started to disembark. Often wondered if I hadn't of heard her, would I have delayed a load of cars behind me leaving the ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

In my local shop there is front and back parking. Many a day i've parked out the front and then walked out the back with my shopping looking for my car and vise versa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

What would you cut the brake line with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Once forgot where the car was in the long term car park at Dublin airport and took ages to find it.

It was also late, pouring rain and we were all really tired and gripped by The Fear after a heavy weekend away.

I now always set a reminder on the phone with the zone number when I drop it off.

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    What would you cut the brake line with?

Well I haven't done it(Don't plan to either) but since I'm from a farm they are always a good few tools in boot/car!

Well I haven't done it(Don't plan to either) but since I'm from a farm they are always a good few tools in boot/car!

Knew there was a waft of slurry, add that as another reason

Knew there was a waft of slurry, add that as another reason

Some morning when you get up and your car is damaged I've a feeling I'll be getting the blame!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shaunr68

Snotty wrote: »
    The night sailing from holyhead to Dublin, first time on it and had just spent the previous day traveling and driving in the UK. Drove onto the ferry, got parked up and half asleep. We were making our way to a stairwell and a woman infront says to her husband to remember we are parked on deck H5, thank God she did, I would had no idea where I was parked for the morning.
    Morning came and even though I remembered where I was parked, I just barely made it to the car before all the cars infront started to disembark. Often wondered if I hadn't of heard her, would I have delayed a load of cars behind me leaving the ship.

Reminds me of being hopelessly disorientated, searching at the wrong end of a Ro Ro ferry for our campervan, Harwich to Hook of Holland 1995. They announced over the tannoy that we were holding up disembarkation and could we please return to the vehicle immediately. Finally found our little VW camper obstructing a deck full of lorries, unimpressed truckers with engines running waiting to move off. A dour Dutch policewoman breath tested me as soon as I'd cleared the passport check, probably assuming that we'd been in the bar.

Since then, when leaving the vehicle deck on a ferry, or in fact any unfamiliar parking spot, I always make a note of the deck, stairwell etc, these days by taking a pic on my phone. It's easily to get confused late at night when you're tired after a long drive.

Advertisement