Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Physiotherapist - Cork City

Options
  • 18-09-2017 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

Hi

Looking for a decent physio to treat my constant back ache. Does anyone know of someone, preferably Northside, but OK to travel in the city?

TIA :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,033 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Function physiotherapy.
    Penrose Wharf.
    Dirk Harm.

Imo the only physiotherapist that comes close is his wife Dearbhla who is on maternity leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Thanks - After posting, it occurred to me to check for previous recommendations, and I saw that you had already recommended them to someone else!

I'll give them a call now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

Thanks - After posting, it occurred to me to check for previous recommendations, and I saw that you had already recommended them to someone else!

I'll give them a call now :)

Just saw this. I would hugely recommend Brian Fox, who is in at the back of Smyths Toys on the Kinsale Road. https://www.facebook.com/brianfoxphysio/ (021) 206 1844

None of that dry needling or other stuff. I had major problems with my arm and shoulder (having been to another physio for 6 months and got nowhere), and Brian got it back to where it was better than it had been in a decade. The only problem is he is so popular, my wife had a 10 day wait to get to see him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Mumha wrote: »
    None of that dry needling or other stuff.

Dry needling seems to be the latest craze indeed, a lot of physios and physical therapists are only chomping at the bit to stick a few needles into your muscles :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

Dry needling seems to be the latest craze indeed, a lot of physios and physical therapists are only chomping at the bit to stick a few needles into your muscles :D

I went to a particular physio 18 times before I found out about Brian....thankfully I had VHI to cover it, but it was a monumental waste of time, and unnecessarily prolonged the pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Mumha wrote: »
    I went to a particular physio 18 times before I found out about Brian....thankfully I had VHI to cover it, but it was a monumental waste of time, and unnecessarily prolonged the pain.

Had the same experience - 15 visits.......:eek (Fool here paid it!) There was zero contact between the doctor and the physio- if I hadn't returned to the doctor- I think that the physio would have brought me back indefinitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Hi

Looking for a decent physio to treat my constant back ache. Does anyone know of someone, preferably Northside, but OK to travel in the city?

TIA :)

Brian Fox out in the Kinsale Road

or

Any of the folks out in Blackpool Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Clinic

Advertisement