Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number was cancelled

Options
  • 18-09-2017 12:22pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,
    My number was recently cancelled (12/05/17) as I had not topped up within 150 days. However, I had been advised it was once every 330 days to keep the number active.

I was advised that the number is gone forever, however I received no notification of this. Please can you advise how this number can be reactivated.

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

antodeco wrote: »
    Hi there,
    My number was recently cancelled (12/05/17) as I had not topped up within 150 days. However, I had been advised it was once every 330 days to keep the number active.

I was advised that the number is gone forever, however I received no notification of this. Please can you advise how this number can be reactivated.

Many thanks
    Hi antodeco,

Sorry to hear that your number was cancelled for you. Unfortunately, if a number has been cancelled due to not topping up in 150 days there isn't any way to get this back.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience caused by this.

- Adam

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi antodeco,

Sorry to hear that your number was cancelled for you. Unfortunately, if a number has been cancelled due to not topping up in 150 days there isn't any way to get this back.

- Adam

Hi Adam,
    I had queried this before and was told it was 330 days. I never received ANY notification that the service was being cancelled either. Should I have been notified of this? There is no way of getting this number back?

Hi antodeco,

- Adam

Hi Adam,
    I had queried this before and was told it was 330 days. I never received ANY notification that the service was being cancelled either. Should I have been notified of this? There is no way of getting this number back?
    I do sincer5ely apologise if you were misadvised about the length of time it takes for a number to be cancelled, however, I'm afraid when this does happen we are unable to get it back for you.

We would generally send a notification to our customers if they are approaching the 150 days but these texts are not guaranteed I'm afraid.

- Adam

I do sincer5ely apologise if you were misadvised about the length of time it takes for a number to be cancelled, however, I'm afraid when this does happen we are unable to get it back for you.

We would generally send a notification to our customers if they are approaching the 150 days but these texts are not guaranteed I'm afraid.

- Adam

Hi Adam,
    I wasn't misadvised. I was sent a copy of term and conditions! It was section 2.4

Additionally, aren't you obliged to notify a customer of termination of service 30 days prior to this termination date?

Can you clarify if termination of service, without notice, whilst withholding any credit, is equal to theft?

Please can you provide me with the updated terms and conditions, as have changed during my time since 2013.

Additionally, please can you provide details of how I can submit a data protection request.

- Adam

Hi Adam,
    I wasn't misadvised. I was sent a copy of term and conditions! It was section 2.4

Additionally, aren't you obliged to notify a customer of termination of service 30 days prior to this termination date?

Can you clarify if termination of service, without notice, whilst withholding any credit, is equal to theft?

Please can you provide me with the updated terms and conditions, as have changed during my time since 2013.

Additionally, please can you provide details of how I can submit a data protection request.
    Apologies antodeco,

If you have not topped up for 150 days and if you don't top up within 13 months your number will be permanently terminated. I have a PM from you there with your mobile number in it. Can you send me your PIN in a PM so I can check on your account for you please?

You can view the terms and conditions about this here: https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/.content/pdf/terms/eirmobile/TermsAndConditionsOfTheEirmobileService.pdf

If you would like a data protection request you would need to write to our data protection officer. The address for this is Data Protection Officer, eir HSQ, 1 Hueston South Quarter, St Johns Road, Dublin 8. If you are requesting a copy of a call recording you will need to send a postal order/cheque of €6.35.

- Adam

• Advertisement

Apologies antodeco,

If you have not topped up for 150 days and if you don't top up within 13 months your number will be permanently terminated. I have a PM from you there with your mobile number in it. Can you send me your PIN in a PM so I can check on your account for you please?

You can view the terms and conditions about this here: https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/.content/pdf/terms/eirmobile/TermsAndConditionsOfTheEirmobileService.pdf

If you would like a data protection request you would need to write to our data protection officer. The address for this is Data Protection Officer, eir HSQ, 1 Hueston South Quarter, St Johns Road, Dublin 8. If you are requesting a copy of a call recording you will need to send a postal order/cheque of €6.35.

- Adam

Hi Adam,
    It has been topped up. In fact, it was topped up just over a week ago! Amazingly, the credit was taken, for a number that it apparently "terminated", despite it having been topped up. Additionally, the credit which cannot be applied as the number is "terminated" has not been refunded. When will this money, that I paid to top up the number, that you have terminated, and contradicted yourself as to how long it stays active for,be refunded?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Apologies antodeco,

- Adam

Hi Adam,
    It has been topped up. In fact,  it was topped up just over a week ago! Amazingly, the credit was taken, for a number that it apparently "terminated", despite it having been topped up. Additionally, the credit which cannot be applied as the number is "terminated" has not been refunded. When will this money, that I paid to top up the number, that you have terminated, and contradicted yourself as to how long it stays active for,be refunded?
    Hi there antodeco

I know that Adam sent you a link but if you look at Suspension of Service the T&C's will be there stating that the service will be cancelled without notification so just have a look there. 

In regards to topping up, I  just want to confirm that you will received a notification text to say you need to top-up.  If you disregard that text or opted out from receiving notification texts, your number can get deactivated (service bar) and eventually fully cancelled due to not topping up

Would you mind sending me a PM with the following information?  I just want to see what exactly is on that account.

1.  Number & PIN
    2.  Last time you topped up (date & amount) - this is the amount that you said was taken for the terminated number

Hope to hear from you soon. 

-Kyle

Advertisement