Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cable connection to House

Options
  • 18-09-2017 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

Hi there

I am wondering what I can do with a phone line connect to a bungalow. 

I am looking to do some upgrading and will need to bring in tall machinery. The cable height is too low so would like to disconnect first. 

Can I do so without issue?

There is no current connection to eir or any phone company as it has been disconnected for a while. 

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

obriendj wrote: »
    Hi there

I am wondering what I can do with a phone line connect to a bungalow. 

I am looking to do some upgrading and will need to bring in tall machinery. The cable height is too low so would like to disconnect first. 

Can I do so without issue?

There is no current connection to eir or any phone company as it has been disconnected for a while. 

Thanks
    Hi obriendj,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'd recommend giving our sales team a ring on 1800503303 an ordering a new phone line. When you do this, we will send out a technician to get your line installed. If the job is not straightforward, he wouldn't be able to install the line the day he attends, however, he will send back his notes advising of what work needs to be carried out and you will then receive a forecast date for when the work is due to be completed. The forecast dates are estimated dates and may change.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I think the OP cares more about the plant than obtaining a service. In that case, would [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]plantalterations@eir.ie[/font] not be the appropriate contact?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭obriendj

@Ed

You are correct that I am not looking for the service however it is plausible that the cable is in full working order so would not need a new cable. However I do not think I need movement of poles or the likes.

I simply want to disconnect the cable from the external house connection, allow machine access then reconnect. 

Do you understand what i am trying to do. 

Regards

@Ed

You are correct that I am not looking for the service however it is plausible that the cable is in full working order so would not need a new cable. However I do not think I need movement of poles or the likes.

I simply want to disconnect the cable from the external house connection, allow machine access then reconnect. 

Do you understand what i am trying to do. 

Regards
    Apologies obriendj.

Ed E is correct here, you would need to send an email to plantalterations@eir.ie and they will be able to give you more information on this.

- Adam

ED E wrote: »
    I think the OP cares more about the plant than obtaining a service. In that case, would [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]plantalterations@eir.ie[/font] not be the appropriate contact?
    Thanks for that Ed E.

- Adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭obriendj

Thanks 
    Its an unusual one. 

Thanks 
    Its an unusual one. 
    No problem. Let me know if you have any further queries.

- Adam

Advertisement