Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What rights do I have for wrong glasses?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

ali_d wrote: »
    I didn't realise I could name specsavers here.
    I only found out as the thread developed what the specsavers terms are and the different coatings/services they have on lenses.
    I'm sorry I hadn't communicated so that more could understand, I only had short windows to reply (I've a teething 7 month baby commanding attention) so I didn't read over what I was saying.

Ah fair enough, babies make it hard to do anything!!
    Hope you get it sorted now and you have the info to quote to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Any update?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ali_d

The store manager rang me yesterday evening and he was full of apologies. They will change the lenses for 60e which is exactly what I wanted to happen!
    Dropping the glasses to him directly today. Delighted now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

CeilingFly wrote: »
    That anti glare coating is a huge money earner for them - its like the insurance lark in furniture and electrical stores.

They will hard sell it and claim all sorts about driving - almost all rear view mirrors in cars are anti glare.

Always say no to anti glare unless its free.

As for op - maximum extra should be €105 for both pairs as you've already paid the €45 anti glare fee.

Are anti-glare and transitions the same thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Donal55 wrote: »
    Are anti-glare and transitions the same thing?

No, anti glare is just an over priced coating on the lens. Transitions, whilst a coating too, will make glasses go darker in sunlight. - I'd much prefer one pair standard and one pair sunglasses rather than transitions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

CeilingFly wrote: »
    That anti glare coating is a huge money earner for them - its like the insurance lark in furniture and electrical stores.

They will hard sell it and claim all sorts about driving - almost all rear view mirrors in cars are anti glare.

Always say no to anti glare unless its free.

As for op - maximum extra should be €105 for both pairs as you've already paid the €45 anti glare fee.

Look up some of the consumer comparison videos of anti glare vs standard. There is a stark difference, especially if you suffer with eye strain frequently I'd get it. Im no expert but I just did a lot of research online before I ordered my glasses. The one thing I will say is it leaves a hydrophobic layer on the lense which is REALLY helpful in our weather but it can be a pain in the rear end to clean

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Miike wrote: »
    Look up some of the consumer comparison videos of anti glare vs standard. There is a stark difference, especially if you suffer with eye strain frequently I'd get it. Im no expert but I just did a lot of research online before I ordered my glasses. The one thing I will say is it leaves a hydrophobic layer on the lense which is REALLY helpful in our weather but it can be a pain in the rear end to clean

There must be an easier way to clean them....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Miike wrote: »

If you need them for a reason, then fine, but they do a hard sell on it because its a massive profit earner - just like the insurance policies in electrical and furniture stores.

Good to see op got sorted - all specsavers are franchise stores, so contacting head office / FB can be very good especially when done properly and where there was an obvious error by the store.

Advertisement