Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ship Cost Help

Options
  • 18-09-2017 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi
    I sell on eBay but the shipping in Ireland is so dear. To send a hoodie to England is €13 reg. anybody got a good idea how to get the posts down or got any other delivery service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

ph5.5 wrote: »
    Hi
    I sell on eBay but the shipping in Ireland is so dear. To send a hoodie to England is €13 reg. anybody got a good idea how to get the posts down or got any other delivery service

Cheaper in bulk. But if you are shipping to UK in volume, look at order fulfillment in the UK. If its occasional, just check out FW, etc.

BTW, the reverse direction has issues as well, I was once quoted £50 shipping from the UK to Ireland on a £5 small item, I contacted the company who said it was not a mistake.

What about shipping from North Ireland to rest of UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

Talk to you local AnPost small and medium business manager.

For tracked and signed parcels up to 2.8kg (they might even give the following prices for larger weights), they offered me:

€5 ex Vat for Republic of Ireland
    €6.80 ex Vat for NI
    €8.79 ex Vat for UK

If you include shipping in your sale price I think you can claim the Vat back but not 100%sure on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

tacofries wrote: »
    Talk to you local AnPost small and medium business manager.

For tracked and signed parcels up to 2.8kg (they might even give the following prices for larger weights), they offered me:

€5 ex Vat for Republic of Ireland
    €6.80 ex Vat for NI
    €8.79 ex Vat for UK

If you include shipping in your sale price I think you can claim the Vat back but not 100%sure on this.

I'd be interested to learn more about this as we use An Post and living in a rural area, it's become more time consuming and expensive to deal with them. How do An Post deliver this service to you? Do you frank them yourself and put them in the delivery system or is it done via a local post office? Are you urban or rural?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

I might add that delivery costs are a real challenge for online sellers. We often hear that the government here wants to spread broadband and facilitate rural businesses to sell online etc. All well and good but the left hand knows not what the right hand is doing as An Post are busy closing down nodes where goods can enter their system. And private couriers are thinner on ground outside urban areas and expensive too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

We use an post, prices are very reasonable, can't remember what my minimum ship qty for the year needs to be but it's not ridiculously high.

Another courier company wanted 15e for next day delivery for the qty I was shipping

We get prepaid labels, attach them to the box and then drop then to the local sorting office, book is stamped and signed and all is done for the day.

Advertisement