Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrahim Halawa acquited(mod warning in op-Heed it)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Because he was put into prison based on the fact that he was speaking at that rally.

Surely it would be of some journalistic interest to at least ask:

"Ibrahim, you were on your holliers and somehow ended up speaking at a Muslim Brotherhood rally. Why?"

The protest was peaceful?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

On a post leaving cert holiday to visit family. This is well established.

And I'm guessing he took a wrong turn up the wrong street, tripped and fell up the stairs of that Muslim Brotherhood platform and accidentally ended up with a mic in his hand.
    He's another Islamist using a passport to advance his Islamist ideology. Seems obvious except to the morons who run the Irish state.

He's another Islamist using a passport to advance his Islamist ideology. Seems obvious except to the morons who run the Irish state.

How do you know this?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Have you informed the Gardai of this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

The protest was peaceful?

I don't care what he says about the rally as long as someone at least asks the question. To at least prove there is some journalistic integrity left in this country.

But as I said, the media will be too neutered to even do that.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

The Gardai have lots of Islamists running about Ireland, not exactly the best police force.

The Gardai have lots of Islamists running about Ireland, not exactly the best police force.

Wow. So you're much better informed than the Gardai and the state intelligence and security agencies? How you considered offering them your services?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

When I lived in London I was Irish, When I lived in Aberdeen I was Irish, when Ibrahim lived in Ireland he was Eqyptian, how hard is that for you to follow?

Literally dozens of my extended family are born and bred in England. They consider themselves English AND Irish. They were raised by Irish parents with Irish traditions in England. They love their home (England) and they consider themselves Irish too.

That is literally no different here. Ibrahim was born and bred in Ireland to Egyptian heritage. The fact he would feel BOTH Irish and Egyptian is 100% normal.

You're comparing an apple with a tractor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Wow. So you're much better informed than the Gardai and the state intelligence and security agencies? How you considered offering them your services?

Somehow I don't think ALP would be too impressed with the rate they'd be willing to offer him/her... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

I think even the Gardai are on top of the intelligence that ties Halawa to the Muslim brotherhood.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

If these lads are a threat to ireland (as I assume there must be some who are?)

Why are they not charged (or even queationed) under offences against the state

If these lads are a threat to ireland (as I assume there must be some who are?)

Why are they not charged (or even queationed) under offences against the state

Come on, what would the Gardai know about dealing with terrorists? It's not like they have any experience of terrorism or working against illegal paramilitary organisations in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I think even the Gardai are on top of the intelligence that ties Halawa to the Muslim brotherhood.
    Probably have been for a bit, whether it's founded or not - which is good. I'd assume he'd have a few rounds of questioning, be put in touch with social services like psychology, care services etc to keep him monitored, get him reintegrated and whatnot. I've got no issue with that and doubt many do, though if they've not come up with anything at this point I think we'll have a few people continuing to be upset over the outcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Most if not all of your post is your opinion and not backed up by any fact whatsoever.

We cannot start locking people up or deporting based on fear and what we think they might do.

Of we remove civil liberties and due process what sort of society are we then.

Im sorry, what was not factual about my post?

I never mentioned anything about "locking people up", nor "deporting based on fear" or "removing civil liberties".

I did ask that people question why they were there, did you do that?

I never mentioned anything about "locking people up", nor "deporting based on fear" or "removing civil liberties".

All of it was your opinion son. You cant back any of it up.

They were there protesting peacefully against a military coup of an elected government.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

optogirl wrote: »
    Their brother has just been released from prison after 4 years...at one point he was seriously ill and I'm sure they thought he would die there. Think I'd do a bit of whooping myself in that situation.

It's apparently called ululation, performed mostly in the middle east :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md7OvU5JIcI

They were there protesting peacefully against a military coup of an elected government.

A military coup against an elected Islamist government.

Tiny little detail you missed there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Trump said just hours after it happened saying they knew who it was. It's an absolute disgrace and they got so lucky that the sheer incompetence didn't get potentially hundreds of people slaughtered. Look at how easy it was for the guy to just carry an explosive device in a shopping bag into a tube station. You have thousands of people like that guy all over the UK and Ireland.

Trump is being a pure dope by playing to crowd like that (think he lied myself tbh)

Long term britain is going to stop sharing info with the Americans If there head man is leaking like that,

But it is a scary prospect though :(

Democracy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

I'm well aware of their agenda, the clue is in their name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

He was only a kid of 17

Yeah - I went through a tough phase of supporting terrorists and gays to be executed when I was 17 - it was grand though by the time I was 20 I had grown out of it sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

So they were not on holiday then?

Pero_Bueno wrote: »
    Yeah - I went through a tough phase of supporting terrorists and gays to be executed when I was 17 - it was grand though by the time I was 20 I had grown out of it sure.

Good for you. Well done.

prinzeugen wrote: »
    So they were not on holiday then?

They were but managed to slot the protest in before a visit to the pyramids.

Democracy.

Oh thats grand then, revolutionary fundamentalist Islamists are grand as long as enough semi-literate nutters in some backwater vote for them in an election :rolleyes:

Oh thats grand then, revolutionary fundamentalist Islamists are grand as long as enough semi-literate nutters in some backwater vote for them in an election :rolleyes:

You dont quite have the grasp of democracy yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,601 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

dixiedan wrote: »
    It's apparently called ululation, performed mostly in the middle east :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md7OvU5JIcI

Dreadful racket. No need for it.

#ibrahim4thedail.

• Advertisement

You dont quite have the grasp of democracy yet.

I grasp democracy perfectly well. A large amount of people in the middle east vote for Islamists. These people are not very nice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement