Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrahim Halawa acquited(mod warning in op-Heed it)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

First Up wrote: »
    He was arrested while visiting his family for taking part in a protest against the military overthrow of an elected government. As an Irish citizen he was entitled to and received the support of the Irish State via the DFA and embassy to have his case expedited.  He spent four years in jail; no evidence was presented against him and he was acquitted.

These are the facts.  The rest is bu***hit.

These are some facts. Other facts are that he and his family are supporters of anti-democratic, anti-freedom of expression, anti-freedom of religion, misogynist, anti-gay, anti-western reactionary radical revolutionary Islam.

Clowns like this should be tolerated through gritted teeth, not lauded as some kind of freedom fighting hero.

The Muslim Brotherhood are to the right of the KKK, if some other Irish guy was arrested at a KKK rally would we have our virtue-signalling usual suspects out to laud his return? I dont think so.

I have to laugh at people coming on the internet to lash out at 'right-wing critics of Islam'. Halawa and his ilk are the very definition of far-right.

You're most ring wing person on the thread
    Absolutely. Supports the Muslim Brotherhood by proxy and thinks he's some kind of liberal. Laughable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Yet here you are defending a right wing organisation.

Your most ring wing person on the thread

Pot kettle.

Bye

I never "defended" the MB and congratulations on your inability to read.

I 100% defended anyone who wants to have violent, weirdo left-wing, right-wing, no-wing ideas and beliefs. If someone wants to believe in slaughtering rabbits with a screwdriver, FINE! Weirdo belief but fine.

I have serious problems if they a) go slaughter rabbits with a screwdriver or b) try coerce others into doing so.

This is really rather simple. Ibrahim committed no crime. What is being thrown against him all thread is that he *allegedly* holds a violent belief system. That is NOT a crime and is NOT a problem.

People all over the world believe in fooked-up sh1t. Grand. Just don't break any laws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Absolutely. Supports the Muslim Brotherhood by proxy and thinks he's some kind of liberal. Laughable.

What's laughable is your comprehension level. Try reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Are there any credible sources to back up the claims about Ibrahim Halawa?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I 100% defended anyone who wants to have violent, weirdo left-wing, right-wing, no-wing ideas and beliefs. If someone wants to believe in slaughtering rabbits with a screwdriver, FINE! Weirdo belief but fine.

I have serious problems if they a) go slaughter rabbits with a screwdriver or b) try coerce others into doing so.

This is really rather simple. Ibrahim committed no crime. What is being thrown against him all thread is that he *allegedly* holds a violent belief system. That is NOT a crime and is NOT a problem.

People all over the world believe in fooked-up sh1t. Grand. Just don't break any laws.

You can pretend all you like.

You're a right winger who supports and sees Bombs as some sort of fabric in society.

Your posts are for all to see.

Now carry on....

Youve been on this thread normalizing their radical beliefs for the last 24 hours, telling us you dont care that they support FGM and oppose the UN convention on womens rights and all the other examples given etc.

You are a bit of a fascist I think mate.

Mod: Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

What's laughable is your comprehension level. Try reading.

Mod: Don't post in this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

First Up wrote: »
    He was arrested while visiting his family for taking part in a protest against the military overthrow of an elected government. As an Irish citizen he was entitled to and received the support of the Irish State via the DFA and embassy to have his case expedited.  He spent four years in jail; no evidence was presented against him and he was acquitted.

These are the facts.  The rest is bu***hit.

These are some facts. Other facts are that he and his family are supporters of anti-democratic, anti-freedom of expression, anti-freedom of religion, misogynist, anti-gay, anti-western reactionary radical revolutionary Islam.

Clowns like this should be tolerated through gritted teeth, not lauded as some kind of freedom fighting hero.

The Muslim Brotherhood are to the right of the KKK, if some other Irish guy was arrested at a KKK rally would we have our virtue-signalling usual suspects out to laud his return? I dont think so.

I have to laugh at people coming on the internet to lash out at 'right-wing critics of Islam'. Halawa and his ilk are the very definition of far-right.
    He was arrested while protesting the military overthrow of a democratically elected government. How does that equate with him being anti-democratic?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

It's certainly an interesting take from a clearly heavily right-wing pro-Israeli anti-Muslim author.

You should at least point out who writes it before posting the link. It's very easy for anyone to look at any set of facts and put a left/right spin on things by making inferences. The author is heavily against Islam and pro-Israel and his blog posts on Ibrahim reflect his overall views.

exactly. i have said the same thing on any other thread on this topic in relation to this "journalist"

of course as we know, people will lap up what he writes, because "mudlimz" or some other nonsense.
    RobertKK wrote: »
    So a coup against the results of the 1933 German elections would have been bad?

A coup against an Egyptian government that was extremist and inciting hatred and the cause of death in Egypt was bad?

once it banned what was a legitimate political party who was originally democratically elected from running for reelection, meaning the population couldn't decide via the ballot box as to whether that party should be in government again, then absolutely. if a government are extremist and that government is overthrown, then that is justified. however that party must be able to seek reelection and the people must be able to decide whether they get back in or not.
    Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    If you look at my posting history you'll see that I'm not anti-Muslim, in fact I defend them when the knuckledraggers blame all Muslims for terror attacks.

But this guy? Nah, this guy isn't one of your regular peace abiding Muslims, either are his sisters. He's come out and said that he's willing to die and take a bullet for his country(Egypt) etc. He announced that he went to Egypt because of the coup. Absolute BS that he and his sisters were over there visiting on holidays.

Here's a video of them addressing the MB:

And link to the article: http://markhumphrys.com/halawa.html

if the democratically elected government of this country were overthrown and replaced with a government who decided to murder those of us who protested it, cary out extra-judicial trials and killings i'd take a bullet as well.
    articles from someone who is in my opinion, a zionest supporting creten are irrelevant and are proof of nothing as all ready stated.
    Maybe Halawa should be asked what he thinks of "Western Values", I'm sure he is all in favour of gay rights and Same Sex Marriage, although that might not really work under Sharia Law...

It's gas that people like O Gorman and Zappone and even some posters here who are gay champion this guy when the kind of society the MB wants would see them stoned to death or thrown off a building.

well at least those posters including myself, care about a functioning free democratic country, where freedom to practice religion and to be a homosexual are both legal and exceptible. unlike some on here, who are simply practicing fo-outrage and pretending to care about the gays but only so they can bash "ja muzzies init"
    Why is it great news that an Islamic terrorist is going to return to Ireland?

he isn't an islamic terrorist. he was acquited of his charges. being muslim and brown doesn't equal islamic terrorist.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

First Up wrote:
    These are the facts. The rest is bu***hit.

The facts include his support for the Muslim Brotherhood. My opinion of him is the same as about other Irish people who support the real IRA or Isis etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭MickDoyle1979

Ok well let's arrest all Muslims who like rap music and drink alcohol and let's deport them (even Irish citizens, throw a dart at the map as to where they go). Best to do that now just in case.

Better?

SMH.

Let's arrest and intern all Irish born known Islamic fundamentalist terrorists

Let's deport all known foreign Islamic fundamentalist terrorists

Let's close all radical controlled mosques.

Let's ban all hate preachers calling for jihad and Sharia Law in Ireland.

Stop all immigration from countries with violent jihadist insurgencies.

Simple as that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭MickDoyle1979

exactly. i have said the same thing on any other thread on this topic in relation to this "journalist"

of course as we know, people will lap up what he writes, because "mudlimz" or some other nonsense.

once it banned what was a legitimate political party who was originally democratically elected from running for reelection, meaning the population couldn't decide via the ballot box as to whether that party should be in government again, then absolutely. if a government are extremist and that government is overthrown, then that is justified. however that party must be able to seek reelection and the people must be able to decide whether they get back in or not.

if the democratically elected government of this country were overthrown and replaced with a government who decided to murder those of us who protested it, cary out extra-judicial trials and killings i'd take a bullet as well.
    articles from someone who is in my opinion, a zionest supporting creten are irrelevant and are proof of nothing as all ready stated.

well at least those posters including myself, care about a functioning free democratic country, where freedom to practice religion and to be a homosexual are both legal and exceptible. unlike some on here, who are simply practicing fo-outrage and pretending to care about the gays but only so they can bash "ja muzzies init"

he isn't an islamic terrorist. he was acquited of his charges. being muslim and brown doesn't equal islamic terrorist.

Egypt are glad to be shot of him. That's why they released him. They probably strong armed the Irish government or took a big fat bribe.

He is a violent Islamist fanatic and our government have taken him in.

I hope the Special Branch and G2 are watching this creep like a hawk when he comes back.

The Taoiseach, Minister for Foreign Affairs, Minister for Children, a whole range of MEPs TDs and Senators, human rights campaigners, celebrities and media personalities have backed this campaign to bring Halawa home.

They have chosen political correctness over the security of our country.

We know our hospitals emergency services and security forces are woefully unprepared in the event of terrorist attacks against our people.

Our political leadership is complete naive stupid ignorant and irresponsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

dav3 wrote: »
    Are there any credible sources to back up the claims about Ibrahim Halawa?

Don't expect an answer to this, there won't be one. People love spreading lies about how he ripped up his Irish passport and burned the tricolour, but it's all nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Simple as that

Ah now, would you get out of here with your common sense. We couldn't be putting the welfare and security of this State first!

No, it's far more important that we be liked and approved of by the rest of the world for our humanitarian efforts and progressiveness.

You'd think though that after all the trouble religion has caused on this island, we'd be a bit more circumspect about who we let in at this stage.

Come here, work, integrate, and contribute positively to the existing community... céad míle fáilte

Come here, expect to be supported by the State, demand concessions for your cultural/religious beliefs and setup isolationist enclaves... back where you came from!

It's really that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Den14

No it won't happen.

We are just nodding donkeys in unison now. Nothing can be said that doesn't conform to the Leftie Liberal mantra.

George Hook is gone as a result of that.

It is worse than North Korea here now.

Free speech, you must be joking!

Well said my friend. One of the most sobering posts I've seen in quite some time. This new grave reality of censorship and fear to speak out is everyday becoming more of a reality

Den14 wrote: »
    Well said my friend. One of the most sobering posts I've seen in quite some time. This new grave reality of censorship and fear to speak out is everyday becoming more of a reality

What exactly does this have to do with Ibrahim Halawa? George Hook for one has absolutely nothing to do with this.

mcko wrote: »
    Maybe Halawa should be asked what he thinks of "Western Values", I'm sure he is all in favour of gay rights and Same Sex Marriage, although that might not really work under Sharia Law...

It's gas that people like O Gorman and Zappone and even some posters here who are gay champion this guy when the kind of society the MB wants would see them stoned to death or thrown off a building.

SUMS HIM UP REALLY

plenty of people, including a number of our own, aren't in favour of gay rights and Same Sex Marriage. some muslims don't have the monopoly on that.

can't be done. it's against one's human rights. it also creates more radicalism and extremism.
    He is a violent Islamist fanatic and our government have taken him in.

is he? have you got evidence for that claim? he was acquited of his charges and was born in ireland.
    The Taoiseach, Minister for Foreign Affairs, Minister for Children, a whole range of MEPs TDs and Senators, human rights campaigners, celebrities and media personalities have backed this campaign to bring Halawa home.

They have chosen political correctness over the security of our country.

no they haven't.
    _Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Come here, work, integrate, and contribute positively to the existing community... céad míle fáilte

Come here, expect to be supported by the State, demand concessions for your cultural/religious beliefs and setup isolationist enclaves... back where you came from!

It's really that simple.

it's not that simple as your suggestion can't be done. people can demand concessions. the government doesn't have to give them and rarely if ever does.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

@ me when they bomb us ok.

Hopefully I'll be in the spot they bomb and die instantly so I won't have to listen to the insufferable, gleeful "I told you so's" on here.

Hopefully

You'd probably be entitled to a few of the virgins sure.

What part of "most of you" did you not compute? Most is not all.

Well when you say most of "you" I'm wondering who the "you" is referring to. That's the part that wasn't exactly clear. Most of who?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

Simple as that

Ah now, would you get out of here with your common sense. We couldn't be putting the welfare and security of this State first!

No, it's far more important that we be liked and approved of by the rest of the world for our humanitarian efforts and progressiveness.

You'd think though that after all the trouble religion has caused on this island, we'd be a bit more circumspect about who we let in at this stage.

It's really that simple.

Get born here; go to the local national school; sit your your Leaving and apply to study Engineering in UCD.  Play football and enjoy rap music.  Where exactly is the isolationist enclave?

tupenny wrote: »
    Hoping wonderfullife is a WUM.
    Scarey to think someone could be so unquestioning & naive

The exact same poster thanks every single post he makes. A quick glance at who that is will tell you all you need to know. A pair of apologists.

No wind-up.

I just look at the facts and the facts are there have been 7.3 billion threads on Boards about Radical Islam and ZERO attacks in Ireland.

It's tough to get concerned over a non-existent threat. If it becomes existent, I'll worry about it.

My wager is that you'll legitimise it and call people xenophobes and racists.

Omackeral wrote: »
    The exact same poster thanks every single post he makes. A quick glance at who that is will tell you all you need to know. A pair of apologists.

indeed. just like all the hysterical ranters about mudlimz thanking the posts of otherh hysterical ranters tells you all you need to know.
    My wager is that you'll legitimise it and call people xenophobes and racists.

your wager is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Has anybody actually called for total simmission to Allah and to enshrine sharia law in Ireland?.. Has it been raised in the Dáil?

your wager is wrong.

I'm not even talking about you. So how do you know. Unless it's you posting from two accounts and you've replied using the wrong one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Has anybody actually called for total simmission to Allah and to enshrine sharia law in Ireland?.. Has it been raised in the Dáil?

I honesty think those that think this is a realistic possibility are mad craic tbh

Muslims make up <1.5% of the population....if lads were saying the travellers wanted to force us all to live in caravans collecting scrap it's about as realistic

I'm not even talking about you. So how do you know. Unless it's you posting from two accounts and you've replied using the wrong one.

Mod: Don't post in this thread again. You're contributing nothing except trying to start arguments.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Conversely the fact all the Halawa kids sound like extras from Fair City means what? That they are REALLY Dubs? :D

This is a stupid, stupid debate. They were born and bred here, they didn't move over for work. Ibrahim is about as integrated as it gets he's mad for the GAA and he writes rap music with curse words apparently.

Irish people trying to rap should be a deportation offence so I can support anyone wanting him gone on those grounds :pac:

Him being into rap and GAA should be neither here nor there. But if you do think that's important did you see what the Nice truck driver Islamist that mowed down 100 or so people looked like before the attack. Shades, well dressed, tanned on the beach etc.
    Or the Belgium bombers who owned the bar. They were into their drinking. Great couple of lads altogether.
    Jihadi John: serious student.
    Or the 911 hijackers. Into their porn and whatnot. Just another couple of lads.

Want has struck me about all these guys (apart from the odd headbanger like Richard Reid, the shoe bomber) is that they are not scraggy bearded and mad-eyed. They are frustrated "westernised" young fellas who have never left this ideology behind. In fact, not unlike school shooters in the US, except fuelled by a toxic ideology (which you claim to not be concerned about- as you say yourself: ”LOL” indeed).

So if you want to invoke GAA/just one of the lads etc, this is actually not a good argument for him being of less concern.

• Advertisement

Well Skyline I'll leave the thread but on my way out I'm saying this. A poster accused me of being racist when I have never once on Boards ever said anything racist.... because I'm not racist. Not xenophobic either. So excuse me if I bite back a bit. To say I contributed nothing to the thread is untrue in my opinion also. I made plenty of legitimate points and counter arguments. That's the premise of discussion I would have thought.

My post history will show a very moderate to mixed stance on Islam and indeed on all religion. Anyway, I'm out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement