Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrahim Halawa acquited(mod warning in op-Heed it)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

Praise be to Allah

• Registered Users Posts: 16,529 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Ian O'Doherty may ask those questions. Not to Halawa directly as there will be a wall of silence around those issues from his camp.

But O'Doherty will get harangued and screeched at from the Far-Left if and when he does.

They don't have him on shows like Prime Time and Claire Byrne Live any more because he asks questions that upset little sensitive lefties like Miriam O Callaghan and Claire Byrne.

RayM wrote: »
    It's extremely easy to throw out the racism card, especially when After Hours is absolutely riddled with them.

Name the "racists" Ray.

Who are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Who is halowa anyway??

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    ...If anyone from another country came to ours and started protesting against our government and encouraging violence they'd be locked up.

Eh.... You sure about that now? :P

That little bollix will be welcomed with open arms by many Irish people after the Irish government lobbied for his release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,838 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

JayZeus wrote: »
    Eh.... You sure about that now? :P

That little bollix will be welcomed with open arms by many Irish people after the Irish government lobbied for his release.

Zappone (from reading the OP's link and the Journal) is gushing in celebration anyway.

She's far more dangerous really. She wants to mess up US immigration agreements and open the doors even wider to the rest of the world at a time when we can't even house and treat the people we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,934 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    I think I would rather see him get an interview on a news/political based show, where proper questions will be asked, ie, why where you there, why did you attend a political rally, why did you get up on the stage, rather than Tubbers on the LLS, which will probably just focus on the conditions he faced, which is important too, and what was the first thing he did when getting home, ie, going for the emotional stance.

That will never happen. Never again.

We are so muzzled we just sometimes just don't know the slant we are being given anymore.

We cannot talk truth. Or question anything. It's over.

Someone on the Left/Liberal side has decided how we should think, and no questions allowed.

Ain't that the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

GerryDerpy wrote: »
    Praise be to Allah

To Martha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Name the "racists" Ray.

Who are they?

It's pretty obvious who they are. :)

I mean, do you think it's racist to imply that Ireland is not Ibrahim Halawa's home?

I'd like him to be asked about the various Muslim Brotherhood rallies he attended along with his sisters and also if he really did tear up his Irish Passport and why he refused to leave in the beginning when the Irish Ambassador was going to get him out of Egypt.

I'd also like him to be asked about the you tube videos he is in including the one where he refers to Egypt as his home.

Seems to me he's only an Irish citizen when it suits him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

This is a interesting read.

http://markhumphrys.com/halawa.html

I think the Government will regret the day that they decided to help get him released.

It's pretty obvious who they are. :)

I mean, do you think it's racist to imply that Ireland is not Ibrahim Halawa's home?

You probably think I won't answer but I will.

No I don't because he is only Irish when it suits him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Army_of_One

wow , lot's of AH posters don't like muslims.

I think AH has become their playground after they got the Politics Cafe closed down a few times and finally with restricted access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    Do a bit of reading up on the Muslim Brotherhood and come back and tell me this is a good thing. I for one won't be at the airport welcoming him back to my and his country.
    Just thought I'd get that for you. :)

To be clear, I'm not against the finding of the egyptian court to release the little bollix. I'm 100% against anyone who picks and chooses Irish citizenship just to use it as some kind of wild-card to try get out of jail free. I'm 100% against the kind of morons who just ignore that aspect of this 'case'. Ibrahim, his sisters and his family are a bunch of fools for the way they carried on. Anyone who thinks this is the last of their involvement in such crapology is naive. They're only getting started. Watch what happens once they're all back on safe ground, waving their Irish citizenship around and raising a bloody commotion.

I'd like him to be asked about the various Muslim Brotherhood rallies he attended along with his sisters and also if he really did tear up his Irish Passport and why he refused to leave in the beginning when the Irish Ambassador was going to get him out of Egypt.

I'd also like him to be asked about the you tube videos he is in including the one where he refers to Egypt as his home.

Seems to me he's only an Irish citizen when it suits him.

Those questions are not allowed at all are they? And in fairness who, besides us here on an anonymous forum will ask those questions anymore.

so nothing is allowed.

It is appalling really that free speech has been shut down.

George Hook, like him or loathe him couldn't say a word. He's gone. Terrible that other voices are not heard anymore.

We are so muzzled we just sometimes just don't know the slant we are being given anymore.

Someone on the Left/Liberal side has decided how we should think, and no questions allowed.

Ain't that the truth.

I was raised to think for myself.. examine the arguments, use my common sense and values, and come to my own conclusions on such issues.

This "mob rule" from the Twitter brigade, amplified and given legitimacy by most of our media, on issues like the George Hook controversy, the comments from some here on this issue, and the other similarly "controversial" threads where people are attacked for questioning the "consensus" are really sickening me more and more.

I was raised to live and let live.. but I have to admit, I'm finding it increasingly hard to do so on some topics as a result of the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Would love to see a proper journo sit him down when he get's back (after the Gardai have interviewed him) and ask some proper impartial questions, then i remembered this is Ireland and those type of journos aren't allowed a voice here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

They got their time out of him but they were really looking for the father

• Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I expect the family reality show soon

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

The self congratulations on twitter from people like colm o Gorman who in fairness did work on this case but then Katherine zappone and random tds is nauseating.

Where were they when that 17 yr old kid in tallaght was arrested at a peaceful protest?

Nowhere to be seen. This country makes me vomit sometimes. Utter bvll****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

I think AH has become their playground after they got the Politics Cafe closed down a few times and finally with restricted access.

I think there is a general trend of seeing religious people for what they are.

More deflection and name-calling...

I don't think anyone has mentioned Islam? Merely concerns and questions about the real background and circumstances that led this man to be making speeches at a political rally in a foreign country while reportedly on holidays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

No I don't because he is only Irish when it suits him.

Yeah, like when he was born here, raised here, educated here, got a passport here, etc.

Yeah, like when he was born here, raised here, educated here, got a passport here, etc.

As far as I'd be concerned he's as Irish as anyone until he decides he's not, rips up his Irish passport, refuses diplomatic assistance and decides he's an Irish born Egyptian citizen. In that case, he ain't Irish at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

Is this the Irishman...and Dubliner?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Ain't that the truth.
    Clonskeagh Mosque is all you need to know.

Ireland is terrified of upsetting them.

I hope they are kosher (jeez what a faux pas), but it is obviously a fkn hotbed.

And we are so NICE we would never question anything about them would we. Never.

Some day I will go out there, but I wonder if I would be welcomed in Western clothing as a woman. Just to see like. But I doubt it.

It is all so secretive, well that's what it seems to me anyway. I would be happy to be corrected as a non Muslim woman.
    No it won't happen.

George Hook is gone as a result of that.

We are just nodding donkeys in unison now. Nothing can be said that doesn't conform to the Leftie Liberal mantra.

It is worse than North Korea here now.

Free speech, you must be joking!
    Those questions are not allowed at all are they? And in fairness who, besides us here on an anonymous forum will ask those questions anymore.

so nothing is allowed.

It is appalling really that free speech has been shut down.

George Hook, like him or loathe him couldn't say a word. He's gone. Terrible that other voices are not heard anymore.

Alright Mrs. Lovejoy, chill out before you give yourself a heart attack.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I expect the family reality show soon

"Keeping up with the Halawas" season 1 coming soon to RTE

Will be interesting to see how this progresses.

It will either be that he has been acquitted, and I agree with that, fine. Or he could be dangerous regarding radicalism.

But any comment on his family, the Clonskeagh Mosque, his non English speaking Father, the absent mother, the daughters wanting their arranged spouses to have permanent visas here and so on will not ever be mentioned.

But then again, apart from the fact that he has spent a few years in an Egyptian jail, are there others here who haven't, but may be radicalised even so?

Clonskeagh Mosque. I hope the Gardai are keeping an eye on them. Really do.

• Advertisement

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Alright Mrs. Lovejoy, chill out before you give yourself a heart attack.

See..... Shut it down.

Very nice. Thank you so much for validating everything I have said so far.

And please do not assume I am anything other than a woman. I do not need any nomenclatures, even if you think I might warrant them, from your perch.:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement