Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrahim Halawa acquited(mod warning in op-Heed it)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

^^ Also on Humphrys tweeted a challenge to anyone stating anything he has as false and he will correct it (providing it is actually false of course)

crickets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

bajer101 wrote: »
    This video featuring links from RTE's Prime Time confirms the links to the Muslim Brotherhood for me.

https://youtu.be/Z2WOTko7UeA

That video links back to a far-right youtube channel, the video is just a bunch of clips from the blogger's web page edited together with quotes from the blog superimposed over the video.

What's going on here lads? Is this someones attempt at trying to get more views on their channel, or is the blogger starting to panic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Screw entitled, if a citizen is being held on trumped up charges and being denied a trial, you do everything you can to help them not hide behind legalities . Fair play to all involved

Everything? Take the US attitude and send in the ARW :D

And it's not about hiding behind legalities, it's about choices having consequences. If anyone decided to hide it was idiot-boy ditching his Egyptian credentials, which he seemed comfortable enough travelling in, to cloak himself in the protection of his Irish passport......if his citizenship is so important to him and is part of his "identity" why not travel as Irish person instead of an Egyptian.

Furthermore.......
    If you’re an Irish citizen and you’re arrested and put in jail abroad, you can contact us for help and advice.
    Our staff can offer non-judgemental advice and practical help, regardless of the alleged offence and no matter whether you’re innocent or found guilty, on remand or already sentenced by a court of law.

What we can do

We can arrange for your family or friends to be informed of your detention and help you to keep in contact with them.
    We can help you to get information about prison arrangements.
    We can give you a list of local English-speaking lawyers.
    We can arrange for funds they send you to be transferred to you, as allowed by the prison.
    We can try to ensure that you’re not discriminated against as a foreign prisoner.
    We can alert the relevant authorities to any concerns you may have about your safety and treatment, including any health concerns.
    We can put you in touch with relevant NGOs, such as the Irish Commission for Prisoners Overseas.
    While consular assistance may be provided to dual nationals, the right of an Irish dual national to receive consular assistance from our Missions is effectively determined by the attitude of the host country. In circumstances where the Irish citizen is detained either in the country of their other nationality, or is travelling on the passport of another country, we may not be able to provide consular assistance.

Under international law, countries are not obliged to legally recognise dual citizenship/nationality. Irish citizens should be aware that travelling or visiting the country of their other citizenship may have implications for them, and that they may also be subject to laws which apply only to citizens of that country.

......unless of course you're styled as a "Prisoner of Conscience" - then the above doesn't apply ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Haven't seen that video link of the Boy Halawa until now. If he's that pent up back then, he'll be full on psycho when he gets out.

We're gonna have some fun when he gets out and gets himself on social media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

dav3 wrote: »
    That video links back to a far-right youtube channel, the video is just a bunch of clips from the blogger's web page edited together with quotes from the blog superimposed over the video.

What's going on here lads? Is this someones attempt at trying to get more views on their channel, or is the blogger starting to panic?

So are the parts about the family, ie the father talking to the news*fake * was it someone else? And being portrayed as him about his views? Was it really a news broadcast from rte? I know the text clips were added...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

So, was it his dad in the video, you know saying those things?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

I was actually waiting for this sort of reply when I posted the video. It's from a right wing site, it can't be true.

It contains verified clips from RTE's Prime Time confirming the Muslim Brotherhood links. A few people have been questioning those links and asking for proof, so there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

I predict a slew of posts saying that it only shows that his family are involved in MB, but not him. He was only 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

If any of the Blog was deemed fake by the Clonskeagh Mosque I’m sure Doctor Ali Selim would have had the Solicitors on the case after all this is the same individual he threatened to sue any media organisation using our Blasphamy laws if they published the Charlie Hebdo cartoons!

Doctor Ali Selim isn't going to waste money on an irrelevant waste of space like mark humphrys. most people don't listen to anything that "blogger" has to say anyway, unless they have a particular agenda, so there would be no point.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Doctor Ali Selim isn't going to waste money on an irrelevant waste of space like mark humphrys. most people don't listen to anything that "blogger" has to say anyway, unless they have a particular agenda, so there would be no point.

But if its lies then why wouldn't he use our laws to stop it if untrue??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,182 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ali Selim should be given as little coverage as possible. A dangerous individual who has backwards thinking. A right wing nut job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

bajer101 wrote: »
    I was actually waiting for this sort of reply when I posted the video. It's from a right wing site, it can't be true.

It contains verified clips from RTE's Prime Time confirming the Muslim Brotherhood links. A few people have been questioning those links and asking for proof, so there you go.

Of course you would look at the credibility of the youtube channel that this video has originated from.
    When they have such outstanding video titles like Rubberbandits Like Male Feminist Marxists, Racist Marxist Ronit Lentin wants to destroy Ireland and Ireland Surrendered to Globalism by Elites, it starts setting off alarm bells.

I still don't understand the thinking behind this video. Is it, because the credibility of the blog has been torn to shreds, here's an edited video of exactly what's already in the blog in instead?
    I can't imagine the blogger would be too happy about this video, it makes him look more foolish than he already is.

Unless this youtube channel is a parody account mocking the likes of the blogger and his ilk. In which case, yeah you got me, I fell for it.

It still stands that there is no evidence to back the blogger's claims against Ibrahim Halawa.

Questions still need to be answered by the blogger. Why has he made these false claims? Why does he continue to make these false claims especially with no evidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

dav3 wrote:
    Questions still need to be answered by the blogger. Why has he made these false claims? Why does he continue to make these false claims especially with no evidence?

You could also wonder about the agenda of the procession of posters in this thread who repeat the same vocabulary of exaggerated and innacurate accusations.

But we can probably figure that out for ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

If any of the Blog was deemed fake by the Clonskeagh Mosque I’m sure Doctor Ali Selim would have had the Solicitors on the case after all this is the same individual he threatened to sue any media organisation using our Blasphamy laws if they published the Charlie Hebdo cartoons!

Nope, sorry, you're wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Nope, sorry, you're wrong.

That made me lol a bit :)

Would it not be in his interest to shut up those with the "agenda"?
    You say most people don't listen to him but it's always there, it's something that comes up every single time. If I was him I would be very eager to make it go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,646 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I'm amazed how these people seem to have a hotline to the Irish times and journal and RTÉ whenever they wanted media time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Would it not be in his interest to shut up those with the "agenda"?
    You say most people don't listen to him but it's always there, it's something that comes up every single time. If I was him I would be very eager to make it go away.

What would be the point,when they'd just come back under another name?

Better to give them enough rope to hang themselves

,they nearly always fall into the eamonn dunphy trap of needing to say more and more outrageous stuff just to he heard and avoiding becoming irrelanvent (see some of hyperbole nonsense posted on boards for example) and thus become ridcolus to the point of not being taken seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I nearly chocked on my cornflakes this morning reading Lynn boylans piece in the IT..."a prisoner of conscience"

Since when?
    He was involved in a protest denouncing the current government which isn't a smart thing to be doing in a military state.

"Ibrahim's sisters and campaigners set about ensuring that the public knew the truth about their brother"

Yeah we all heard how was so big into his GAA and rap music, not so much the bits about what his other views on things like the MB and sharia law or about his father.

You'd be in bad humour after reading that SJW rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭emo72

irrelevant waste of space like mark humphrys. .

That's not a very nice way to describe anyone. I don't know the guy, but did your mother never teach you that if you can't say something nice about someone then say nothing? Just because you are posting on the internet it does not mean you have the right to be rude. I would treat you with respect, even though I disagree with your thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I was watching The Tonight Show last night on TV3 and Halawa was being discussed.

The panel was Elaine Crowley, Fintan O Toole, Sarah McInerney and John McGuirk.

It's worth a look on 3player if you didn't see it because McGuirk called it like it is saying the media lovefest about this guy was ridiculous with no mention about links to the MB and the frustration of ordinary people at the leftie medias reluctance to ask difficult questions.

He was aiming at Cooper as well who just wanted to shut him up and none of the rest of them could argue that he was wrong in what he said.

What would be the point,when they'd just come back under another name?

Better to give them enough rope to hang themselves

,they nearly always fall into the eamonn dunphy trap of needing to say more and more outrageous stuff just to he heard and avoiding becoming irrelanvent (see some of hyperbole nonsense posted on boards for example) and thus become ridcolus to the point of not being taken seriously

We're not talking about the individual. We're talking about the content of that blog.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

:D:D:D:D ... If you reversed the roles there you might have a point.

Humphrys is spot on with this.
    So you are standing up for a guy who issued thinly veiled threats against free speech on Irish TV ?

wow..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

We're not talking about the individual. We're talking about the content of that blog.

OK?? :confused:

"Ibrahim's sisters and campaigners set about ensuring that the public knew the truth about their brother"

Yeah we all heard how was so big into his GAA and rap music, not so much the bits about what his other views on things like the MB and sharia law or about his father.

You'd be in bad humour after reading that SJW rubbish.

there is no sjw rubbish. unless you can disprove what they have said then it is fact. i know that facts which paint muslims in a good light isn't a good thing for some but that's their problem. it doesn't make them less of facts.
    I was watching The Tonight Show last night on TV3 and Halawa was being discussed.

The panel was Elaine Crowley, Fintan O Toole, Sarah McInerney and John McGuirk.

It's worth a look on 3player if you didn't see it because McGuirk called it like it is saying the media lovefest about this guy was ridiculous with no mention about links to the MB and the frustration of ordinary people at the leftie medias reluctance to ask difficult questions.

He was aiming at Cooper as well who just wanted to shut him up and none of the rest of them could argue that he was wrong in what he said.

they didn't need to argue that he was wrong. there is no evidence for his claims so nothing to argue. most people don't care about "ja" "lefty" media, as there is plenty of right wing media in this country and yet they don't ask questions when it's about claims that no evidence have been provided for.
    ... If you reversed the roles there you might have a point.

Humphrys is spot on with this.
    So you are standing up for a guy who issued thinly veiled threats against free speech on Irish TV ?

wow..

humphrys is spot on how? because he fits your agenda and all ready decided viewpoint on the basis that ibriham is muslim?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,182 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ali Selim should be given as little coverage as possible. A dangerous individual who has backwards thinking. A right wing nut job

Any response to this?

Or by way im no huge fan of Mark.

Would you condem Ali view to him wanting Sharia law?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

humphrys is spot on how? because he fits your agenda and all ready decided viewpoint on the basis that ibriham is muslim?

No because he presents well researched facts.

Ha! "because he is Muslim", sums up what is wrong with the left - you see these labels.

IH is dodgy because of his support of the MB not because he happens to be Muslim.

No because he presents well researched facts.

well researched facts? you sure about that? the fact ibriham has been acquited of all charges and the "evidence" this blogger not being actually convincing, would suggest to me otherwise, at least in relation to this particular topic.
    Ha! "because he is Muslim", sums up what is wrong with the left - you see these labels.

what is wrong with the left? really? you do know the left are a whole mix of different subsets of people with differing opinions? the same as the right. the alt-right and far-right are good at the old labels as well funnily enough.
    He is dodgy because of his support of the MB not because he happens to be Muslim.

how do you know ibriham supports the mb? being at a protest and condemning the overthrow of a democratically elected government isn't enough evidence for support of a political party.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭rgossip30

A certain website is now looking for a donation for his home coming .

• Advertisement

rgossip30 wrote: »
    A certain website is now looking for a donation for his home coming .

which one?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement