Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrahim Halawa acquited(mod warning in op-Heed it)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

They have family there. And they also took part in a peaceful protest against a military coup which overthrew a democratically elected government.

They boy is irish. His skin colour, religion , name and beliefs do not change that.

Not doubting his irishness, his skin colour, etc

And yes, they have family there.....my sister-in-law has family Turkey and I'm pretty sure that if any of my nieces or nephews had said they wanted to go there during the recent coup attempt neither she, nor my brother, would've said "away you go, and if things get sticky run into the nearest place of worship.....sure you'll be grand." I think they'd have been told something quite the opposite. Actually, knowing her she'd have simply laughed her head off and said "no."

Also what they took part in was a "Day of Rage" called by the MB to support their right to persist in government.......

......you really think if you went out to a "Day of Rage" against a military force intent on forcing a coup that it's going to be peaceful?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Jawgap wrote: »

And yes, they have family there.....my sister-in-law has family Turkey and I'm pretty sure that if any of my nieces or nephews had said they wanted to go there during the recent coup attempt neither she, nor my brother, would've said "away you go, and if things get sticky run into the nearest place of worship.....sure you'll be grand." I think they'd have been told something quite the opposite. Actually, knowing her she'd have simply laughed her head off and said "no."

Also what they took part in was a "Day of Rage" called by the MB to support their right to persist in government.......

......you really think if you went out to a "Day of Rage" against a military force intent on forcing a coup that it's going to be peaceful?

Crackpot theorists.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭EMPunk

Crackpot theorists.

God you post such utter drivel its almost making my eyes bleed..........

Guess what pal , speak to some actual Irish-egyptians , you know the ones who are not here only because they had to flee the country on account of the da being a suspected jihadi joe, Ask them what they think of this CRETIN , ask them how many felt it necessary to travel to Egypt to partake in an attempted civil war ......................

EMPunk wrote: »
    God you post such utter drivel its almost making my eyes bleed..........

Guess what pal , speak to some actual Irish-egyptians , you know the ones who are not here only because they had to flee the country on account of the da being a suspected jihadi joe, Ask them what they think of this CRETIN , ask them how many felt it necessary to travel to Egypt to partake in an attempted civil war ......................

Like you have asked them?

Like you have asked them?

I have actually yeah only about a half dozen but hey more than you and your bull**** brigade

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Same type of people shouting about his passport are the same type of people were screaming about Obamas birth certificate. Call it for what it is. Racism.

Crackpot theorists.

Ok, if you believe the whole family holiday story, why?

Nothing in their story is consistent with any idea off a family holiday......I can get round the idea that they travelled on their Egyptian passports to visit family, but unless that family lives right next to the mosque how did they get wrapped up in the demos?

And even if out of daft teenage curiosity they went to have a look, why hang around until the curfew kicks in.....going and looking is one thing, going and staying is something else?

And even if they were stupid enough to hang around too long, getting swept up in events, why start making speeches?

As I said before, if he wants support he should do people the courtesy of not treating them like idiots.

david75 wrote: »
    Same type of people shouting about his passport are the same type of people were screaming about Obamas birth certificate. Call it for what it is. Racism.

Nah see thats where your wrong......

We dont give a fiddlers **** about obamas birth cert , why? , because what the **** does obamas birth cert have to do with us , IRISH people.

SJW's always trying to fight someone else fight

The problem with your lot ( the liberal fascist brigade ) is that you invent racist scenarios to attempt to convey your delusional outlook on the world

The type of dopes that stands at central bank with a cardboard sign that says "trumps a racist" , yea that'll show 'em :rolleyes:

Guess what ? GEOGRAPHY MATTERS , understanding geography and geopolitical matters does not make one racist , screaming unfounded baseless abuse at someone for having an opinion that differs from you IS is way more up that ally , you know like the ANTIFA and other racist fascists

I have actually yeah only about a half dozen but hey more than you and your bull**** brigade

Yeh sure. Of course you have. I believe you. Thousands wouldnt.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

So prove he is wrong Poo!
    Fair play to Mark for engaging with the Trolls trying to discredit him on here and elsewhere! As I said before Dr Ali Salim would have been onto his solicitors straightaway if there was anything wrong with Marks Page! They wouldn’t want it to go to court as nearly all of Mark’s blog would be proven to be correct!

There is something seriously wrong with his page...

.. he says Bertie was our best Taoiseach ever :eek:

• Advertisement

We dont give a fiddlers **** about obamas birth cert , why? , because what the **** does obamas birth cert have to do with us , IRISH people.

The problem with your lot ( the liberal fascist brigade ) is that you invent racist scenarios to attempt to convey your delusional outlook on the world

The type of dopes that stands at central bank with a cardboard sign that says "trumps a racist" , yea that'll show 'em :rolleyes:

Guess what ? GEOGRAPHY MATTERS , understanding geography and geopolitical matters does not make one racist , screaming unfounded baseless abuse at someone for having an opinion that differs from you IS is way more up that ally , you know like the ANTIFA and other racist fascists
    Using bigger words doesnt make it any less racist.

Mod: Banned for posting in thread after thread ban...

No but youd send them to magaluf im sure. Full of debauchery drugs and stds.

You made a lot of assumptions in that post and effectively contradicted yourself while doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

Hold on.
    Does this young fella have an Egyptian passport?

atticu wrote: »
    Hold on.
    Does this young fella have an Egyptian passport?

Does it matter? Plenty of Irish people have other passports and dual citizenships. Cos he might have an Egyptian one doesn't really mean anything or matter.

Does it matter? Plenty of Irish people have other passports and dual citizenships. Cos he might have an Egyptian one doesn't really mean anything or matter.

Its another racially motivated question i think.

Completely different.

The point about the passport is a simple one. He is Irish but, as he was more than allowed to do, he travelled on his Egyptian passport. The law on this point is pretty clear, if you travel to a country on a passport that is not your Irish passport you cannot claim, as a right, consular assistance, especially if the passport used has been issued by the destination state.

Egyptian law is even clearer - they are one of a number of countries that do not recognise dual citizens, so by travelling on his Egyptian passport he was declaring himself open to being treated as an Egyptian citizen. If you want to be treated as an Irish citizen, travel on your Irish passport.

Saying that, consular assistance was extended to the point where him and his sisters' safe passage was negotiated - but they declined for reasons they say are true, or believed to be true.

They also ignored DFA advice following their incarceration when the campaign was being organised for their release.

A clown , an utter circus clown , you think i give any fcuks at all what a great person like you thinks about me?????? GOD NO

You just proved my point , you have invented a racist scenario from what i wrote to attempt to convey your delusional outlook on the world

You argue with people with no facts or basis for your argument other than screaming racism you lack the fundamental intelligence to engage in a proper debate , sorry i had to use big boy words but some among us can actually dictate a conversation

Actually it does matter.
    There are all sorts of legal implications that can't be ignored.

Well, you could try and ignore them, but you might end up in prison.

A clown , an utter circus clown , you think i give any fcuks at all what a great person like you thinks about me?????? GOD NO

You just proved my point , you have invented a racist scenario from what i wrote to attempt to convey your delusional outlook on the world

You argue with people with no facts or basis for your argument other than screaming racism you lack the fundamental intelligence to engage in a proper debate , sorry i had to use big boy words but some among us can actually dictate a conversation

Your just being juvenile. Shouting over people to drown them out. Its a forum though so volume doesnt matter.

Ibrahim is on his way home and is an inspirational yiung man

• Advertisement

No but youd send them to magaluf im sure. Full of debauchery drugs and stds.

Thank you for your judgmental observation.....

I don't send them (my kids) anywhere - they're big enough and bold enough to go where they want......but that doesn't stop them from looking money and/or lifts:D

And it was Ibiza they went to.....

.....and there's plenty of debauchery, drugs and STIs to be found in Ireland......

.....and do you still believe the family holiday story, and if so, why?

I don't send them (my kids) anywhere - they're big enough and bold enough to go where they want......but that doesn't stop them from looking money and/or lifts:D

.....and there's plenty of debauchery, drugs and STIs to be found in Ireland......

He is a troll with the brain capacity of a carrot

When it comes to judgemental obervations its a case of pot, kettle black id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

YOU ARE A  HOOT!

There.

You're the only one screaming.

You're the only one screaming.

Screaming? right:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

He is a troll with the brain capacity of a carrot

You know you'll only get yourself banned with the personal abuse

atticu wrote: »
    Actually it does matter.
    There are all sorts of legal implications that can't be ignored.

Well, you could try and ignore them, but you might end up in prison.

Leo has organised a private jet for him. I think he's safe from any legal anything on that front.

Be gas if he was searched coming through customs though :)

When it comes to judgemental obervations its a case of pot, kettle black id say.

And are you going to continue to avoid the question.....

Do you believe the family holiday story, and if so, why?

• Advertisement

Its another racially motivated question i think.

How?

Either he has an Egyptian passport or he doesn't.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement