Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrahim Halawa acquited(mod warning in op-Heed it)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭EMPunk

You know you'll only get yourself banned with the personal abuse

Dont even care pal , just the irony id be banned by mods like you that make threads like this just for the trolling & fishing aspect of it , which is at the end of the day the sole reason you created this thread no? to rile up all us "racists"????????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭rgossip30

dav3 wrote: »
    Calm down Mark, come back down to planet earth.

This has nothing to do with the muslim brotherhood, or Ibrahim's family. It's about your claims that he is a member of the muslim brotherhood, something which you stated on your own blog, something which will find you imprisoned in Egypt if found guilty. Something which no media outlet has picked up on.

Are you still claiming that Ibrahim Halawa is a member of the muslim brotherhood? If you're having difficulty defining what "membership" of the muslim brotherhood is, I suggest you contact the current regime in Egypt as they have a clear definition and have no trouble jailing indefinitely anyone with even the slightest connection to it.

As for the comments, I'm merely stating rumours doing the rounds. Can I just state for the record that I have no evidence to prove the rumours and because of this, Mark should be viewed as innocent.

However, I do feel just like the rumours about Ibrahim, these questioned need to be asked, and the accused should be give the opportunity to deny these allegations outright. If someone ever created a blog relating to the rumours about you on the internet, and trust me there are some nasty ones out there, it would run to around 100 pages.

I have some constructive criticism for you Mark.

1. Stop continually linking back to your blog. It makes your appear desperate. If someone asks for evidence, show them exactly where they can find it. A link to a meandering webpage is no use to anyone.

2. The structure of your blog is appalling. Is there any reason why it has the appearance of a 1st year's first ever project in college that he's written up on the back of the bus that morning while hungover? You should be ashamed of it, especially something that you're so passionate about.

3. Perhaps this is where the rumours of radicalisation have come from. You need to settle down on twitter. Spending all your waking hours on twitter calling people idiots and trying to debate with them in 140 characters or less cannot be good for your health, mentally and physically.

4. You need to afford people the opportunity to criticise israel without losing the plot and creating another rambling blog post about them.

In closing, if new evidence has come to light proving Ibrahim Halawa's membership of the muslin brotherhood. Let's see it.

Spoken like a true PC warrior in defense of a true Irishman .

atticu wrote: »
    How?

Because as i told you people like him invent racist scenarios in their heads to try validate their backwards outlook on things , to say anything contrary to them is to be "racist"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Jawgap wrote: »
    When it comes to judgemental obervations its a case of pot, kettle black id say.

And are you going to continue to avoid the question.....

Do you believe the family holiday story, and if so, why?
    Of course, because it 
    When it comes to judgemental obervations its a case of pot, kettle black id say.

And are you going to continue to avoid the question.....

Do you believe the family holiday story, and if so, why?
    Yes, I think they were on their annual family visit to their Egyptian relatives and events prompted them to get involved in the protests, partly because they had contacts with the Egyptians abroad group.
    But why are you so obsessed with this point?  Surely what is more important is if they engaged in anything illegal, and if the authorities were justified in holding him in prison for four years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

First Up wrote: »
    Of course, because it 

Yes, I think they were on their annual family visit to their Egyptian relatives and events prompted them to get involved in the protests, partly because they had contacts with the Egyptians abroad group.
    But why are you so obsessed with this point?  Surely what is more important is if they engaged in anything illegal, and if the authorities were justified in holding him in prison for four years?

Thank you for taking the time to write a post, but I think you'll agree my repeated question wasn't directed at you.

And as I've pointed out, it's a question of honesty....if they want support they should be honest about the trip.

Incidentally, given it was evident that the army were tooling up in a very open fashion for a crackdown for at least a week before they travelled, do you still believe this was a family trip? I'm sure they had better insight than most on how matters were developing but they still decided to step on a plane, travel on their Egyptian passports into a situation where the army were likely to be on the streets.......sounds like a hell of a family holiday alright ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

EMPunk wrote: »
    Dont even care pal , just the irony id be banned by mods like you that make threads like this just for the trolling & fishing aspect of it , which is at the end of the day the sole reason you created this thread no? to rile up all us "racists"????????

Ha, mods like me? I'm no mod here mate I was trying to be helpful, every time someone gets banned for abuse we have to listen to someone else whinging about boards shutting down free speech.

I made the thread cause it's a big topic here and no one else had made one yet, with over 1000 posts I think it's been pretty justified. There was no need to fish, if you'd read any other thread or article on halawa it was obvious what the reaction was going to be online

Ha, mods like me? I'm no mod here mate I was trying to be helpful, every time someone gets banned for abuse we have to listen to someone else whinging about boards shutting down free speech.

I made the thread cause it's a big topic here and no one else had made one yet, with over 1000 posts I think it's been pretty justified. There was no need to fish, if you'd read any other thread or article on halawa it was obvious what the reaction was going to be online

I have read up on the issue plenty , hence why im set in my views on it , but my views are based on logic and not john Lennon lyrics

And the only thing that is obvious here is that we are letting someone back into the country after he has not only pledged his allegiance to but also gone to a foreign land to partake in some kind of islamist conflict that 99.9% of "irish kids" did not feel the need to engage in

Tell me , the junkies you see walking around the south inner city daily , they are just there for the craic yea? no chance they are there to buy heroin;):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have read up on the issue plenty , hence why im set in my views on it , but my views are based on logic and not john Lennon lyrics

And the only thing that is obvious here is that we are letting someone back into the country after he has not only pledged his allegiance to but also gone to a foreign land to partake in some kind of islamist conflict that 99.9% of "irish kids" did not feel the need to engage in

Tell me , the junkies you see walking around the south inner city daily , they are just there for the craic yea? no chance they are there to buy heroin;):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

That's an odd analogy, I'm not familiar with south inner city but on the north side don't a lot of the junkies live in the area?

That's an odd analogy, I'm not familiar with south inner city but on the north side don't a lot of the junkies live in the area?

Nope, they travel in because the HSE moved the methadone clinics - the idea being to consolidate the service and deliver it through fewer, more central clinics.

It also allows addicts to arrange family trips into the city ;)

Nope, they travel in because the HSE moved the methadone clinics - the idea being to consolidate the service and deliver it through fewer, more central clinics.

It also allows addicts to arrange family trips into the city ;)

So there are no junkies living in the north inner city?

Or can we figure out a percentage

• Advertisement

So there are no junkies living in the north inner city?

Or can we figure out a percentage

There are addicts living in the North Inner City, but not every addict you see there lives there.

A good proportion travel in to get their methadone......that, naturally enough, draws the dealers (gotta follow the customers) which draws in the addicts not on methadone (gotta follow the suppliers)......

......thing is, if you see an addict in the city he/she is, more than likely, there to score (legal or illegal drugs).....not to go shopping.....kind of like if someone goes to a country on the verge imploding, how likely is it that they push ahead with their plans because it's a "family holiday." ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

A clown , an utter circus clown , you think i give any fcuks at all what a great person like you thinks about me?????? GOD NO

You just proved my point , you have invented a racist scenario from what i wrote to attempt to convey your delusional outlook on the world

You argue with people with no facts or basis for your argument other than screaming racism you lack the fundamental intelligence to engage in a proper debate , sorry i had to use big boy words but some among us can actually dictate a conversation

Don't post in this thread again please.

smelly sock banned for posting here again.

There are addicts living in the North Inner City, but not every addict you see there lives there.

A good proportion travel in to get their methadone......that, naturally enough, draws the dealers (gotta follow the customers) which draws in the addicts not on methadone (gotta follow the suppliers)......

......thing is, if you see an addict in the city he/she is, more than likely, there to score (legal or illegal drugs).....not to go shopping.....kind of like if someone goes to a country on the verge imploding, how likely is it that they push ahead with their plans because it's a "family holiday." ;)

Well north inner city double has some of the worst disadvantaged statistics in the country, very high unemployment levels and was the worst hit area in the 80/90s, there are still going to be large amounts of junkies there, how much proof is there the junkies are more likely going to be from other parts of the city? I've read the reports of them travelling before alright, but it doesn't say where from, only that the dealers travel and seekers follow.

Jawgap wrote:
    Thank you for taking the time to write a post, but I think you'll agree my repeated question wasn't directed at you.

But mine was directed to you. Are you accusing him/them of doing something criminal or of just showing poor judgement?

But mine was directed to you. Are you accusing him/them of doing something criminal or of just showing poor judgement?

Poor judgment - that's all I've ever accused him of.....being an idiot for going, being an idiot for not travelling on his Irish passport, being an idiot for making speeches (or being duped into making speeches)......being an idiot for not taking the safe passage deal.

....and yes, poor judgment for going with, I believe, the intent of making a mark through protesting and woefully, almost hilariously, under-estimating the response of the military and the consequences of his actions.

....and poor judgment by trying to dress up his intent as a family holiday, especially in the context of trying to garner support for his cause......poor judgment in his "mirroring" - by assuming we're all as stupid as he was and we'll swallow any ol' story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

One would have to wonder why, in the face of official Government warnings at the time not to travel to Egypt, were they so desperate to have their summer holiday in a war torn country. Not only did they ignore the warnings, but they got straight into the thick of the action.

Questions need to be asked of them.

Well I'm sure we will hear his detailed explanations for all of these when he eventually gets home.

Meanwhile, based on the family's long standing practice of visiting their relatives in Egypt each year; based on the sequence, speed and gravity of unfolding events and based on the accounts of what happened on the day, I'll make no condemnation of his judgement or his actions.

Lets wait to hear his version and then you can apply 20-20 hindsight from your secure location.

pablo128 wrote:
    Questions need to be asked of them.

I'm sure they will.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Phil lynott was a different colour. Maybe we should have deported him for claiming he was Irish and spreading the devils music among young minds everywhere. That's the thinking here.

And given some of the low brow stupidity displayed in this thread I'm forced to explain I'm joking.

Ibraham starts giving extremist talks and effectively trying to start something like a divide in Ireland Muslim against everyone fair enough. You were right.

Mean time yis don't even have the balls to just openly say you're the racist predjuciced thick ignorant gob****e that you are.

Grow some

Well I'm sure we will hear his detailed explanations for all of these when he eventually gets home.

Meanwhile, based on the family's long standing practice of visiting their relatives in Egypt each year; based on the sequence, speed and gravity of unfolding events and based on the accounts of what happened on the day, I'll make no condemnation of his judgement or his actions.

Lets wait to hear his version and then you can apply 20-20 hindsight from your secure location.

Well that's up to you.

We all have different life experiences......personally I find it unusual that a family would press ahead with a trip to a country in the midst of such turmoil......I'd also find it odd that even if they did decide to go ahead with the trip that they'd head "downtown" when there was such escalating tension......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I'm sure they will.

Surprising those questions havent been asked once by anyone when interviewing them in the last 4 years though ehh?

Jawgap wrote:
    We all have different life experiences......personally I find it unusual that a family would press ahead with a trip to a country in the midst of such turmoil......I'd also find it odd that even if they did decide to go ahead with the trip that they'd head "downtown" when there was such escalating tension......

Family bonds are strong in the Arab world.

As I understand it, they went "downtown" because they were outraged at the murder of 800+ protestors a few days before. Call them rash or call them couraguous depending on where you stand on that sort of thing.

As I understand it, they went "downtown" because they were outraged at the murder of 800+ protestors a few days before. Call them rash or call them couraguous depending on where you stand on that sort of thing.

Oh yeah......because family bonds are so weak in Ireland :rolleyes:

.....and I call them stupid.

Incidentally, a large chunk of my family are from Belfast and I certainly remember times (in the 1970s and 80s) when things got a bit fraught up there and the family there would advise us against driving up for whatever event we were travelling up for that formed that natural cycle of family life in Ireland.....

......isn't it a bit weird they insisted on travelling and no one, not their parents (who I don't doubt love and care for their welfare), not the family in Egypt, not one of the travelling group said "No. This is not safe. We don't want you travelling. Stay where you are and maybe we will come to you to get away from this madness."

Btw, do you really think it was wise travelling to the site where there had been the ".....murder of 800+ protestors a few days before"? Personally, if my kids where anywhere near that kind of massacre I'd be telling them to get their arses back on a plane.....not to stay there......but that's just me.

david75 wrote: »
    Phil lynott was a different colour. Maybe we should have deported him for claiming he was Irish and spreading the devils music among young minds everywhere. That's the thinking here.

And given some of the low brow stupidity displayed in this thread I'm forced to explain I'm joking.

Ibraham starts giving extremist talks and effectively trying to start something like a divide in Ireland Muslim against everyone fair enough. You were right.

Mean time yis don't even have the balls to just openly say you're the racist predjuciced thick ignorant gob****e that you are.

Grow some

You grow some, and name the posters who you think are racists.

Indeed to the detractors it looks stupid, but then the detractors look like cowards

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

pablo128 wrote: »
    You grow some, and name the posters who you think are racists.

You probably just did that yourself.

david75 wrote: »
    You probably just did that yourself.

I probably just did what exactly?

Indeed to the detractors it looks stupid, but then the detractors look like cowards

You know, bit like yourself I'm something of a student of war......

.....and I've always pondered two things.......

First, would we have as much conflict in the world if politicians' kids we're in the armed forces expected to go off and fight......

Second, how are individuals persuaded to make a stand, moral, physical or otherwise?

I don't doubt the lad's physical and moral courage, I do question his wisdom in why he travelled and how he acted (both before and after his subsequent incarceration)......he wouldn't be the first 17 year old to have been duped to go off and get his - metaphorical - arse shot off in someone else's war......even if, retrospectively, he or his followers decided to recast his adventures as a family holiday on a "wot I did last summer" basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

He is a troll with the brain capacity of a carrot

Mentally mature he is not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

screaming unfounded baseless abuse at someone for having an opinion that differs from you IS is way more up that ally , you know like the ANTIFA and other racist fascists
    He is a troll with the brain capacity of a carrot

I see.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement