Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrahim Halawa acquited(mod warning in op-Heed it)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The last few pages of this thread make me wish I was locked up for four years.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭EMPunk

givyjoe wrote: »
    It's an obvious and easy popular reference, makes the point quickly an easily, i.e. plenty of wealthy racists out there, do you disagree? What has living in Ireland got to do with it?

Ps. Keep up the classy posts.

No its a completely irrelevant and off topic reference

Also while we are at it where is the evidence of trump hating muslims or does this rhetoric about not having to prove innocence not wash with trump

Why not afford trump the same courtesy as halawa , trump never got on stage at a white power rally in a foreign country but people call him racist all day , it couldnt possibly have anything to do with the fact he is a rich white man

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

EMPunk wrote: »
    No its a completely irrelevant and off topic reference

Also while we are at it where is the evidence of trump hating muslims or does this rhetoric about not having to prove innocence not wash with trump

Why not afford trump the same courtesy as halawa , trump never got on stage at a white power rally in a forgien but poeple call him racist all day , it couldnt possibly have anything to do with the fact he is a rich white man

Are you joking..? What evidence of Trump hating / being racists towards muslims?! Maybe if you watched the news a little more (and WWE a little less) you might be aware of such evidence. I also didn't say hate, I said he was racist.. I would have thought a Solicitor would be able to read what is written in front of him a little more accurately. Then again, you just said you worked in a well known solicitors office, so probably doing the scanning etc. by the looks of it.

As for you being being in any way credible regarding your legal opinion, I'll take your inability to spell and punctuate, as evidence towards the probability you haven't a baloobas what you're talking about.

Are you joking..? What evidence of Trump hating / being racists towards muslims?! Maybe if you watched the news a little more (and WWE a little less) you might be aware of such evidence. I also didn't say hate, I said he was racist.. I would have thought a Solicitor would be able to read what is written in front of him a little more accurately. Then again, you just said you worked in a well known solicitors office, so probably doing the scanning etc. by the looks of it.

As for you being being in any way credible regarding your legal opinion, I'll take your inability to spell and punctuate, as evidence towards the probability you haven't a baloobas what you're talking about.

Yep that post sums up you and your closed minded guttersnipe attitude , yes i liked wwf as a kid , liked lego and he-man too , i watch some news , read some papers but my level of interest in reading your garbage posts on my phone and replying to you on said phone wanes by the second hence me not putting much effort into wording or punctuating a retort resulting in perhaps misreading a word or two

I know exactly what i am talking about

Yep that post sums up you and your closed minded guttersnipe attitude , yes i liked wwf as a kid , liked lego and he-man too , i watch some news , read some papers but my level of interest in reading your garbage posts on my phone and replying to you on said phone wanes by the second hence me not putting much effort into wording or punctuating a retort resulting in perhaps misreading a word or two

I know exactly what i am talking about

You have provided zero evidence to back up your claims that you have any iota of what you're talking about. You've just made multiple condoscending/bordeline abusive replies. Your ramblings are mind boggling, you have yet to make a coherent point about the any of the knowledge you claim to have.

Your posts stink of immaturity and inability to compose yourself and make a rational point.

Please feel free to actually enlighten us with some of the legal knowledge you claim to posses, above and beyond simply 'acquittal doesn't mean he's innocent'.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

MOD NOTE
    Enough of the childish back and forth please about backing up claims, who has the best gardener that have been going on over the few pages.
    Get the discussion back on topic please.

You have provided zero evidence to back up your claims that you have any iota of what you're talking about. You've just made multiple condoscending/bordeline abusive replies. Your ramblings are mind boggling, you have yet to make a coherent point about the any of the knowledge you claim to have.

Your posts stink of immaturity and inability to compose yourself and make a rational point.

Please feel free to actually enlighten us with some of the legal knowledge you claim to posses, above and beyond simply 'acquittal doesn't mean he's innocent'.

Whats the point? you would just disregard anything id have to say as you have done since i chimed in.

oh and since you felt the need to look at my other posts on other topics and attempted to use my enjoyment of something like wwf as ammunition against me i gave yours a quick glance

You posted looking for a randomer to go splits with you on a ben dunne membership , a real winner eh!

I started this account to get a ticket for a bill burr show years ago , 99% of my posts are in this thread , im not a boards enthusiast or even an internet aficionado , i have a real life to deal with , but this subject and the opinions of some on the matter irk me

Whats the point? you would just disregard anything id have to say as you have done since i chimed in.

oh and since you felt the need to look at my other posts on other topics and attempted to use my enjoyment of something like wwf as ammunition against me i gave yours a quick glance

You posted looking for a randomer to go splits with you on a ben dunne membership , a real winner eh!

I started this account to get a ticket for a bill burr show years ago , 99% of my posts are in this thread , im not a boards enthusiast or even an internet aficionado , i have a real life to deal with , but this subject and the opinions of some on the matter irk me

For someone who has a real life, you sure are getting awfully wound up :D. What legal expertise have you offered that I have dismissed?! You haven't offered ANY! All you have said is 'acquitted doesn't mean innocent.' that's exactly what it means, they are innocent of the crime they are accused of committing! Perhaps they are guilty of another crime, but then the court should go about charging them for that, if thats the case, which it isn't in this case!!

For someone who has a real life, you sure are getting awfully wound up :D. What legal expertise have you offered that I have dismissed?! You haven't offered ANY! All you have said is 'acquitted doesn't mean innocent.' that's exactly what it means, they are innocent of the crime they are accused of committing! Perhaps they are guilty of another crime, but then the court should go about charging them for that, if thats the case, which it isn't in this case!!

Admittedly Im easily wound up on this subject yes.

Please stop this foolishness and quit when you assume you are ahead , as i have previously stated 3 times an acquittal does not mean innocent , i really fail to understand how you fail to see that statement as the fact that it is.

Now behind all you efforts to slander and offend me you surely have a brain that can comprehend that someone who is qualified in legal practice would perhaps know a little bit that you don't.

Learn what an acquittal means , look at the history of some high profile acquittals that resulted in second trails and full prosecution

So for the last time , an acquittal does not mean innocence , its as black and white a statement as they come

Admittedly Im easily wound up on this subject yes.

Please stop this foolishness and quit when you assume you are ahead , as i have previously stated 3 times an acquittal does not mean innocent , i really fail to understand how you fail to see that statement as the fact that it is.

Now behind all you efforts to slander and offend me you surely have a brain that can comprehend that someone who is qualified in legal practice would perhaps know a little bit that you don't.

Learn what an acquittal mean , look at the history of some high profile acquittals that resulted in second trails and full prosecution

So for the last time , an acquittal does not mean innocence , its as black and white a statement as they come

Sorry, but you actually believe that you have been slandered here? You have asserted no evidence that you are a qualified practicing solicitor. I have a law degree myself pal, albeit I don't claim to work in law. You simply keep stating that you know better.

Feel free to back up your claims of your profession, perhaps by linking some case law you are referring to. Shouldn't be that hard for you.

Do you honestly think that the Egyptian prosecutors have any further evidence they can possibly uncover, if they have failed to do so in the past 4 years. Do you really think they are going to bring these same chargers, or others in the future? They haven't any evidence that he committed a crime, so what is he if not innocent? Do you personally have any evidence that he has committed any other crime?

• Advertisement

Sorry, but you actually believe that you have been slandered here? You have asserted no evidence that you are a qualified practicing solicitor. I have a law degree myself pal, albeit I don't claim to work in law. You simply keep stating that you know better.

Feel free to back up your claims of your profession, perhaps by linking some case law you are referring to. Shouldn't be that hard for you.

Do you honestly think that the Egyptian prosecutors have any further evidence they can possibly uncover, if they have failed to do so in the past 4 years. Do you really think they are going to bring these same chargers, or others in the future? They haven't any evidence that he committed a crime, so what is he if not innocent? Do you personally have any evidence that he has committed any other crime?

You credit statements i did not make as words from my mouth & totally disrepute my suitability for my chosen profession -
    slander

n. oral defamation, in which someone tells one or more persons an untruth about another which untruth will harm the reputation of the person defamed.

Good wounded doggie , attack attack attack

I will not further engage with you ;)

You credit statements i did not make as words from my mouth & you totally disrepute my suitability of my chosen profession -
    slander

n. oral defamation, in which someone tells one or more persons an untruth about another which untruth will harm the reputation of the person defamed.

Good wounded doggie , attack attack attack

I will not further engage with you ;)

You haven't actually stated what your profession is.. on an anonymous internet forum, you have merely stated that you have a law degree and that you work in a prominent solicitors office. You have at no point in posts I've seen, specifically stated that you are a qualified practicing solicitor. You could be the tea lady for all we know. You made numerous posts that were littered with mispelling and poor punctuation, which you claim to be from a phone and instead chose to make dimissive borderline abusive posts. Hardly the conduct of someone we could reasonably assume to be a qualified practicing solicitor.. Now let me see, i wonder if there is a possible defense to the allegation of slander in this case.

Most glaringly obvious, you do realise slander refers to oral statements..?! Libel is the one you're looking for! The definition you quoted even specifically references oral statements :D:D:D:D What's your job title at this solicitors office again?!

I wonder how much you are billed out at considering how much time you've spent here today :rolleyes:

You are talking of legal technicalities, i.e. not being found (beyond a reasonable doubt) to be guilty, does not mean innocence.. but by that logic, anyone is wrongfully accused can therefore never be innocent.. simply because they have been accused. This was quite clearly a politically motivated arrest which has not met any burden of proof.. simply, lets arrest these pesky protesters and hold them without charge indefinitely.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

MOD Quit the arguing, anymore and I will issue out bans. If you have a problem with a post then report it and let the mods deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,571 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I saw a tweet from Mark Humphries late last night saying his site went down he was worried it was being attacked, turns out it was just because of the amount of visitors to the site, looks like the public are going elsewhere instead of getting the one sided view on this story from our MSM!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭SeanW

Are you joking..? What evidence of Trump hating / being racists towards muslims?! Maybe if you watched the news a little more (and WWE a little less) you might be aware of such evidence.
    Oh please, let's see some evidence. In particular, there are two things I'd like to know:
    1. How Trump could be "racist" against Muslims when Islam is not a religion, not a race. Is Trump a quantum-racist? Like Schroedinger's racist?
    2. What evidence you have that Trump hates ALL Muslims, or all brown people for that matter?
    I'll wait.
    I also didn't say hate, I said he was racist..
    Doesn't it help? E.g. if you hate someone because of the colour of their skin, that this is racist? (and please, don't give me this leftist bull about how racism is a system of oppression and privilege and thus only white people can be guilty of it).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

SeanW wrote: »
    Oh please, let's see some evidence. In particular, there are two things I'd like to know:

How Trump could be "racist" against Muslims when Islam is not a religion, not a race. Is Trump a quantum-racist? Like Schroedinger's racist?
    What evidence you have that Trump hates ALL Muslims, or all brown people for that matter?

I'll wait.

Doesn't it help? E.g. if you hate someone because of the colour of their skin, that this is racist? (and please, don't give me this leftist bull about how racism is a system of oppression and privilege and thus only white people can be guilty of it).

religion, while you correctly state isn't a race, can be used as a way to attack people on the basis of their race. so depending on the context, it can still be racist to discriminate against, or attack people on the basis of their religion.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

I saw a tweet from Mark Humphries late last night saying his site went down he was worried it was being attacked, turns out it was just because of the amount of visitors to the site, looks like the public are going elsewhere instead of getting the one sided view on this story from our MSM!
    It would be great if everyone looked at all sides of every story.

SeanW wrote: »
    1. How Trump could be "racist" against Muslims when Islam is not a religion, not a race. Is Trump a quantum-racist? Like Schroedinger's racist?
    2. What evidence you have that Trump hates ALL Muslims, or all brown people for that matter?
    I'll wait.

Climb down of your high horse there buddy.. As for evidence, a certain travel ban under the guise of preventing terrorism.. his refusal to condemn nazi's and their recent actions... his over eager willingness to condemn predominantly black athletes so strongly for their peaceful protest.. I'm sure others can give more examples.

I SPECIFICALLY didn't use the word hate, you don't need to hate to be commit racist acts i.e. treating someone less favourably simply because of their skin colour etc, what country they are from.

Let me guess, you're someone who believes this lad is 'guilty of something' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

First Up wrote: »

Which the irish media has consistently failed to do in this case for fear of being branded racist or have Ali Selims lawyers come knocking at their doors

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

VinLieger wrote: »

Which the irish media has consistently failed to do in this case for fear of being branded racist or have Ali Selims lawyers come knocking at their doors
    They have told you this, yes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

Gerry Adams definitely was a member of the IRA!
    :)

Gerry Adams definitely was a member of the IRA!
    :)

your such a racist:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

VinLieger wrote: »

Somewhat surprising that the Ibrahim Halawa campaign appears to have gone very quiet following his accquital.

Perhaps the Lawyers have already been active..?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,194 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Somewhat surprising that the Ibrahim Halawa campaign appears to have gone very quiet following his accquital.

Maybe it's because he was acquitted? That was the whole point of the campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

AlekSmart wrote: »

This is like complaining that the dublin footballers aren't training the week after winning an all ireland :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

Is the poor young fella home yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Is the poor young fella home yet?

That's what I meant...... ;)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

When he does comeback to Ireland I hope our security services will be watching him like a hawk.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Ryanair lost the contract so the private jet will for sure be on its way on Monday....

Not only is the tax payer footing the bill but they are slapping a big picture of his face all over the outside of said jet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭DanMurphy

Dr Brown wrote: »
    When he does comeback to Ireland I hope our security services will be watching him like a hawk.

IMO Young Halawa can break any law he likes here as folks will simply complain how the poor young-fella was 'set up by lying Gardai.'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement