Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrahim Halawa acquited(mod warning in op-Heed it)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

gitzy16v wrote: »
    What's wrong with any of my posts?
    I'm not concerned about you mate.

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

givyjoe wrote: »
    :eek:

Is that all you have?
    Silly emoticons?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

He was onstage burning passports and demonstrat....

Oh fukcit. Why bother

Why bother peddling lies about burning passports onstage? I’m not sure why you’re doing it but I’d imagine it’s your prejudices shining through.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Oh fukcit. Why bother

Really. You're going to respew that massive lie about his burning his passport spread by the likes of Leo Sherlock?

It's a lie. You are lying.

Amnesty International confirmed that his passport was confiscated when he was arrested but idiots on Facebook and the like love to regurgitate this bullsh1t to make it seem like he deserves to be locked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭McCrack

No, i'll repeat what i've said more than once since i first responded:

COURTS DO NOT FIND DEFENDANTS INNOCENT.

I never said if you are found not guilty that you are still guilty. I never said Ibrahim was guilty of anything.

No foreman of any jury, anywhere in the world stands up and announces "We find the defendant innocent", because there is no way the court could be 100% sure of this.

Yes however there is a presumption of innocence that every defendant has until either a Court (or jury as the case may be) finds guilt.

If a Court or jury upon a plea of not guity find that the state/prosecution did not discharge their burden of proof then the defendant is aquitted and walks out with the presumption of innocence.

That is our system and any other common law system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

By a simple photo. Its not rocket sceince. Does he look starved?

You need to sign up for medical school if you do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

RustyNut wrote: »
    You need to sign up for medical school if you do that.

Ok.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

They must have kept him well stocked in Colgate and toothbrushes anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

By not going to Egypt?

The exact same could be said about the Birmingham Six.

By not addressing a crowd at a Muslim Brotherhood rally perhaps? Or by not appearing on Arab TV stating that this was "an islamic matter" and that he was willing to "fight to the last bullet"??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

He's muslim and he's brown.

Please don't see everything through the prism of race. It's racist in itself. The reason he's questioned has nothing to do with the colour of skin.

This brown term I keep hearing is an ugly phrase. You wouldn't call an Asian person yellow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Where's the Irish support for the likes of the hutches and kinihans? He's a terrorist scumbag who made his choice and should be made live with it.

he isn't a terrorist scumbag. the egyptians agree with that, hence they therefore acquited him on all charges. if you have evidence he is involved in terrorism, report it to the egyptian authorities. being brown isn't evidence though, i should warn you.
    How many Irish “ holidaymakers” go protesting political upheavals in the country they’re visiting ? How many Irish holidaymakers stand on protest platforms denouncing the political regime in a politically volatile state ? How many Irish get in bother abroad and have the full weight of our government and diplomatic services thrown behind them ? Will Mr Halawa and his dad publicly renounce and condemn Islamic fundamentalism ? Most Irish Citizens should have no bother doing so ? Will he even be asked the hard questions ?

plenty of irish have caused lots of trouble abroad. it's not the job of ibriham or his father to publically condemn anything no more then it is mine, especially to suit the foaming at the mouth types. ibriham is innocent as i have said all along, he is coming home to his family and to his country, suck it up.
    What have I indicated in my post that leads you to the conclusion I'm a racist? I compared him to white Irish drug dealers, I didn't differentiate at all scum is scum. He wasn't brought to trial because the Irish government stuck their noses in. He was 4 years in an Egyptian prison. He wasn't in there for minding his business and keeping out of trouble.

You're the one wanting him treated different because of his ethnic background and his religious beliefs, so that makes you the racist so I'll thank you not to project your racist tendencies onto me

ibriham wasn't brought to trial as there was nothing to try him on, as he is innocent. he was held in jail for protesting. your little nonsense statement at the end is inaccurate, so nice big fail for you.

Oh fukcit. Why bother

there was no evidence for the claim that he burned his passport. it never happened, fake news.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Where's the Irish support for the likes of the hutches and kinihans? He's a terrorist scumbag who made his choice and should be made live with it.

he isn't a terrorist scumbag. the egyptians agree with that, hence they therefore acquited him on all charges. if you have evidence he is involved in terrorism, report it to the egyptian authorities. being brown isn't evidence though, i should warn you.
    How many Irish “ holidaymakers” go protesting political upheavals in the country they’re visiting ? How many Irish holidaymakers stand on protest platforms denouncing the political regime in a politically volatile state ? How many Irish get in bother abroad and have the full weight of our government and diplomatic services thrown behind them ? Will Mr Halawa and his dad publicly renounce and condemn Islamic fundamentalism ? Most Irish Citizens should have no bother doing so ? Will he even be asked the hard questions ?

plenty of irish have caused lots of trouble abroad. it's not the job of ibriham or his father to publically condemn anything no more then it is mine, especially to suit the foaming at the mouth types. ibriham is innocent as i have said all along, he is coming home to his family and to his country, suck it up.
    What have I indicated in my post that leads you to the conclusion I'm a racist? I compared him to white Irish drug dealers, I didn't differentiate at all scum is scum. He wasn't brought to trial because the Irish government stuck their noses in. He was 4 years in an Egyptian prison. He wasn't in there for minding his business and keeping out of trouble.

You're the one wanting him treated different because of his ethnic background and his religious beliefs, so that makes you the racist so I'll thank you not to project your racist tendencies onto me

ibriham wasn't brought to trial as there was nothing to try him on, as he is innocent. he was held in jail for protesting. your little nonsense statement at the end is inaccurate, so nice big fail for you.
    ....as if the thread wasn't bad enough.... it'll derail entirely now.

It's simple there are huge questions to be asked about this chap, his beliefs and background and the inexplicable levels of support shown for him by the government and the usual lefty gimps. Those blindly defending him can't be reasoned with because they don't want to be reasoned with. In a real caliphate they'd suffer the most.

. being brown isn't evidence though,

Please stop using this term. Its just Racist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

What term, 'brown'?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

It's simple there are huge questions to be asked about this chap, his beliefs and background and the inexplicable levels of support shown for him by the government and the usual lefty gimps.

his beliefs are none of our business, unless he commits a crime in the name of them. his background is he was born in ireland to egyptian parents. the government worked on his case due to the fact he was potentially facing the death penalty. the mythical "lefty gimps" supported him given the factors involved in his case. the "righty gimps" however foamed at the mouth on the cases of other people who they actually couldn't care a less about, just using them for their own agenda.
    Those blindly defending him can't be reasoned with because they don't want to be reasoned with.

most people only do facts. the most vocal on here against ibriham weren't willing to listen to facts, but instead take the word of a blogger who has a website that looks like it was made in the 1990s.

In a real caliphate they'd suffer the most.

we don't live in one, we won't be living in one. so you have no point here.

it's not racist. laughable jymnastics and twisting.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Plenty find if offensive.

But hey you know it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Ok I'll admit it I'm a vile racist, obviously Ibrahim and his family have no questions to answer in relation to their connection to the MB, my suspicions most be due to my racist mentality.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Plenty find if offensive.

But hey you know it all.

Who are these 'plenty'?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Glad the lad is out. Will be disappointed if he is thrown in front of cameras and become a mouthpiece for the MB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

murpho999 wrote: »

Who gives a sh1te about Mark Humphrey's and his website that seems to have been designed in 1997

but instead take the word of a blogger who has a website that looks like it was made in the 1990s.

I don’t know much about that Humphreys guy but commenting on the aesthetics of his website in a bid to put him down is very 2017.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,721 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I'm glad he's out but i'd also say he rates himself as Irish as the Egyptian ambassador.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Please , the Egyptians deciding he isn't a terrorist doesn't impress me.
    Their judicial system seems suspect in the least. The Irish government involvement in his freeing makes me wonder what part of our country has been sacrificed by the liberal tears running this place into the ground.
    Why is someone who was obviously taking part in something Egypt declared illegal being returned here when other Irish in prison abroad have no chance of returning soon.
    This willingness to bend over backwards for Muslims by our liberal leaders gets up my nose and also means they'll never get a vote from me ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

It's simple there are huge questions to be asked about this chap, his beliefs and background and the inexplicable levels of support shown for him by the government and the usual lefty gimps.

his beliefs are none of our business, unless he commits a crime in the name of them. his background is he was born in ireland to egyptian parents. the government worked on his case due to the fact he was potentially facing the death penalty. the mythical "lefty gimps" supported him given the factors involved in his case. the "righty gimps" however foamed at the mouth on the cases of other people who they actually couldn't care a less about, just using them for their own agenda.
    Those blindly defending him can't be reasoned with because they don't want to be reasoned with.

most people only do facts. the most vocal on here against ibriham weren't willing to listen to facts, but instead take the word of a blogger who has a website that looks like it was made in the 1990s.

In a real caliphate they'd suffer the most.

we don't live in one, we won't be living in one. so you have no point here.

Do you know what, I didn't even bother reading your reply. But let me just say this.... "No, you're wrong!!"

Can the owner of boards.ie please do the honourable thing and take it out back and put it down. What a cesspool.

Their judicial system seems suspect in the least. The Irish government involvement in his freeing makes me wonder what part of our country has been sacrificed by the liberal tears running this place into the ground.
    Why is someone who was obviously taking part in something Egypt declared illegal being returned here when other Irish in prison abroad have no chance of returning soon.
    This willingness to bend over backwards for Muslims by our liberal leaders gets up my nose and also means they'll never get a vote from me ever again.

Make up your mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

It’s amazing the level of RTE & media backslapping and euphoria over this guy’s release - do they really think the vast majority of Irish people care much one way or the other about him and his little MB cheerleading adventure that went so wrong for him ? If only the liberal luvvies here and elsewhere were as concerned about our elderly and disabled whose support funding has been cut by this government, who see spending hundreds of thousand euro on representing this rabble rouser as a more worthy spend of taxpayers money - not in my name nor I expect in the vast majority of Irish people. It’s much easier to play the racist card against anyone who dares question this guy’s motives or those of his family connections. And to even suggest that he might be asked to explain his actions abroad, well that’s so so politically incorrect. He has questions to answer but to even suggest as much is verboten according to the PC police

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

I thought we covered this weeks ago. How can some people still be outraged that he was released?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I'm just waiting for the civic reception, granting him the freedom of the city and the honorary degree for something or other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

Yep , Varadker and co excelling themselves yet again in pushing the liberal agenda, a few year ago SSM, now their Free Ibrahim crusade, to be followed soon by attempts at liberalising abortion. The hilarious aspect about all this courting of liberal votes is that it won’t work - they wouldn’t be voting FG in any case, whereas ordinary folk who have bigger issues to deal with are getting rightly p***ed off with this wishy washy catch all government - the Varadker factor will probably cost FG in due course. I know quite a few fairly staunch FG’ers who are deeply unhappy with his liberal leaning shenanigans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,486 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

One positive out of this whole clusterfcuk is that I presume the diplomatic corps and security services have been comprehensively educated about the Muslim Brotherhood by the Egyptians and possibly western allies (don't forget the Americans were concerned about and watching the clonskeagh mosque closely as wiki leaks proves).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement