Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrahim Halawa acquited(mod warning in op-Heed it)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

Please don't see everything through the prism of race. It's racist in itself. The reason he's questioned has nothing to do with the colour of skin.

This brown term I keep hearing is an ugly phrase. You wouldn't call an Asian person yellow.
    Please stop using this term. Its just Racist

lads , I'm Lebanese (Irish Citizen) and a lovely shade of brown.

You are trying too hard.. please stop it. I find your call of "racism" offensive* tbh like I'm some kinda emotionally stunted person where a word can hurt me and I need a hero to rescue me.... from a fcukin word....
    and I'm imagine all my middle eastern acquaintances would feel the same.

I actually don't find it offensive.. I find it silly.

I'm just waiting for the civic reception, granting him the freedom of the city and the honorary degree for something or other.

and a free house....

I kinda hope he'll shack up with "forever home" Erica Fleming....it would be a leftie wet dream....

• Registered Users Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

arayess wrote: »

You are trying too hard.. please stop it. I find your call of "racism" offensive* tbh like I'm some kinda emotionally stunted person where a word can hurt me and I need a hero to rescue me.... from a fcukin word....

:pac::pac::pac:

Plenty of people get offended by words, but now its ok:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

He has questions to answer but to even suggest as much is verboten according to the PC police

The irony is that he and his family want to live in a State predicated on Sharia Law, and I would imagine that his liberal Irish supporters (and the current Taoiseach) would fare quite badly in this Sharia utopia.

Halawa being the first and main item on the Six One news this evening gives us an indication of how detached RTE are from regular society, but that fact should be no surprise to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,486 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Kivaro wrote: »
    The irony is that he and his family want to live in a State predicated on Sharia Law, and I would imagine that his liberal Irish supporters (and the current Taoiseach) would fare quite badly in this Sharia utopia.

Halawa being the first and main item on the Six One news this evening gives us an indication of how detached RTE are from regular society, but that fact should be no surprise to anyone.

Wow, can you imagine how they would deal with our Taoiseach if they had their way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,492 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Dont worry. People will take offence for you nowadays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

and a free house....

I kinda hope he'll shack up with "forever home" Erica Fleming....it would be a leftie wet dream....
    Ah here.,that's taking it too far. I was assuming a new mosque in black rock or dun laoire

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Do you know what, I didn't even bother reading your reply. But let me just say this.... "No, you're wrong!!"

Mod: Fine, don't post here again then if you're just going to post snide remarks about posters.

:pac::pac::pac:

Plenty of people get offended by words, but now its ok:pac::pac:

context , my friend.

just saying...no need to ride in to the rescue....

let not fall out over it...:)

context , my friend.

just saying...no need to ride in to the rescue....

let not fall out over it...:)

Fair Enough and if you don't then I will take your word for it:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Please stop using this term. Its just Racist

No. No it isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

It’s amazing the level of RTE & media backslapping and euphoria over this guy’s release - do they really think the vast majority of Irish people care much one way or the other about him and his little MB cheerleading adventure that went so wrong for him ?
    Going by how busy this thread has been and her fervour of some over not getting their pound of flesh, the media is just doing what it has always done - making a profit off of stories that garner public attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

That's what I'm finding odd here - not only have I never known a brown person who found the word offensive, nearly all 'brown' people I have known actively refer to themselves as brown.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

It’s amazing the level of RTE & media backslapping and euphoria over this guy’s release - do they really think the vast majority of Irish people care much one way or the other about him and his little MB cheerleading adventure that went so wrong for him ? If only the liberal luvvies here and elsewhere were as concerned about our elderly and disabled whose support funding has been cut by this government, who see spending hundreds of thousand euro on representing this rabble rouser as a more worthy spend of taxpayers money - not in my name nor I expect in the vast majority of Irish people. It’s much easier to play the racist card against anyone who dares question this guy’s motives or those of his family connections. And to even suggest that he might be asked to explain his actions abroad, well that’s so so politically incorrect. He has questions to answer but to even suggest as much is verboten according to the PC police

plenty of people care about the elderly and disabled among other issues, most people are capible of caring about multiple issues at the same time. just because you may only be able to care about 1 issue, doesn't mean everyone else is the same.
    Yep , Varadker and co excelling themselves yet again in pushing the liberal agenda, a few year ago SSM, now their Free Ibrahim crusade, to be followed soon by attempts at liberalising abortion. The hilarious aspect about all this courting of liberal votes is that it won’t work - they wouldn’t be voting FG in any case, whereas ordinary folk who have bigger issues to deal with are getting rightly p***ed off with this wishy washy catch all government - the Varadker factor will probably cost FG in due course. I know quite a few fairly staunch FG’ers who are deeply unhappy with his liberal leaning shenanigans.

the country had to, and still has to modernise. ssm was necessary and we had a duty to vote yes to it, which the majority correctly did. i disagree with abortion myself but it is probably going to happen. the best we can hope for is that the tax payer doesn't have to fund abortions.
    Kivaro wrote: »

well yes, the releasing of an innocent young irish man held in jail for 4 years without trial for protesting, would make the first item on the news, given that there aren't any bigger stories out there today. so yes, RTE news is very much in touch with society on this one, regardless of people's views on ibriham.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,814 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Maybe when he gets home he'll not be as quick to fly off to foreign soils to "protests" where he has no business.

mfceiling wrote: »
    Maybe when he gets home he'll not be as quick to fly off to foreign soils to "protests" where he has no business.

he had a business to protest the overthrowing of a democratically elected government, all be it a government we wouldn't like to live under, and the murder of those who protested the overthrowing of that democratically elected government.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

he had a business to protest the overthrowing of a democratically elected government, all be it a government we wouldn't like to live under, and the murder of those who protested the overthrowing of that democratically elected government.

But... but... but... he was on holidays and just got caught up in all of this no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Do you know what, I didn't even bother reading your reply. But let me just say this.... "No, you're wrong!!"

Mod: Fine, don't post here again then if you're just going to post snide remarks about posters.
    What a strange stance to take (not all that surprising though) but you're right, IF I'm going to post snide remarks I won't post In the thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

What a strange stance to take (not all that surprising though) but you're right, IF I'm going to post snide remarks I won't post In the thread again.

Couldn't resist eh? That was me giving some leeway, but I guess I shouldn't bother. Stay out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,814 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I thought he was irish and lived in ireland and held an irish passport. What business did he have going out to protest? Why did none of our politicians head out as representatives of Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Will the cia be debriefing him at Shannon?

Thought he was on a Holiday?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,529 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Zappone gushing about him earlier on, seems to be lost on her that Halawas mates in the MB hate everything about both herself and O Gorman.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

swap yis..if we ban all the 'brown people' from Ireland forever, can we ban all of you complaining about them from the internet forever?

sound good?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Thought he was on a Holiday?

Are you supposed to suspend all critical faculties while on holiday?

mfceiling wrote: »
    I thought he was irish and lived in ireland and held an irish passport. What business did he have going out to protest? Why did none of our politicians head out as representatives of Ireland?

he didn't go to egypt to protest, he went on holiday. however he was in the area of the protest on the day, so decided to attend. something he was entitled to do.
    Zappone gushing about him earlier on, seems to be lost on her that Halawas mates in the MB hate everything about both herself and O Gorman.

ibriham has mates in the mb? have you any evidence of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

Justin Barrett isn't happy that Halawa was released.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,529 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

he didn't go to egypt to protest, he went on holiday. however he was in the area of the protest on the day, so decided to attend. something he was entitled to do.

ibriham has mates in the mb? have you any evidence of that?

Well he did speak at a MB rally and supports them.

For someone that was aledgedly tortured and on hunger strike on and off for 4 years he looks remarkably well. Still plenty of meat on him and muscle mass.

ibrahim%20new.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Well he did speak at a MB rally and supports them.

I think the rally was mostly about the murder of a few hundred unamarmed protestors by the police/army but seeing as the MB was the elected government, it wouldn't be all that surprising if their overthrow was mentioned as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement