Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrahim Halawa acquited(mod warning in op-Heed it)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,143 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

First Up wrote: »
    Hmmm ya just unlucky

Depends how you define "caught up in it". He willingly took part in protests against the military coup and (especially) the murder of hundreds of protestors. He hasn't denied that.

Maybe you think such protests were not justified or none of this was any of his business. That's a matter of opinion but the facts are that he was imprisoned for four years without justification.[/QUOTE]

One of main issues for me has been the inconsistency and reports of what was happening.

That's all, and the last 48 hours have raised more questions then before.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

ebbsy wrote: »
    Hope fully he will enjoy the free flight home and the medical card.

Sponger.

Slow news day on stormfront ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

arayess wrote: »
    yet you and the pro-Halawi brigade never utter a peep about irish people held on remand for 2 to 4 years in spain before trial, for example.

can you provide evidence for that claim?
    I guess they are the wrong shade of inner city dublin to mount a populist campaign.

remind me, what are you doing about these people?
    ebbsy wrote: »
    Hope fully he will enjoy the free flight home and the medical card.

Sponger.

proof that he is a "Sponger" please.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

One of main issues for me has been the inconsistency and reports of what was happening.

That's all, and the last 48 hours have raised more questions then before.

Who are you blaming?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    He should team with Michaela McCollum for BB

Really, the convicted scumbag drug smuggler? Yeah, they have so much in common.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

wasn't really going to get involved in this thread , but you really have difficulty understanding plain english
    if i commit a crime and I am arrested and charged i am still ''PRESUMED INNOCENT'' , until i go to court . In court i will be found guilty or not guilty , or if not enough solid evidence is found to get a conviction the charges may be dropped it still doesn't mean i am innocent
    If i am found guilty, ok i did the crime , if the prosecutors cannot prove beyond doubt that i did the crime i will be found not guilty , however i will still have committed the crime but will have gotten away with it . I WILL HOWEVER NOT BE INNOCENT.
    Except he didn't commit a crime.. and wasn't brought to trial.. because he didn't commit any crime.

Who are you blaming?

People who lied. Obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

. I WILL HOWEVER NOT BE INNOCENT.

Legally YES YOU WILL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

RustyNut wrote: »
    Legally YES YOU WILL.

No no, let's let Wexforandproud have their way.

Oh, by the way wexfordandproud is a thief and a con artist. There we go, they can now never claim to be innocent of either of those offenses ever again!

People who lied. Obviously

Care to nominate anyone in particular?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

can you provide evidence for that claim?

I see no campaign for any irish locked up without trial in spain media , media whores, leftie liberals , professional commentator on the journal.ie .... none of them on the march for any prisoner bar our dear friend Halawi ....why is that?

The same people in the media or making comments in support of this guy hasn't lifted a finger to type support in favour of any other irish locked up on remand abroad...why is that??
    remind me, what are you doing about these people?

I'm doing absolutely sweet fcuk all...bar using their woe to score points on the internet in a debate.
    But you've gloriously missed my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

I honestly don’t understand what people have against Ibrahim Halawa - he’s not a terrorist or criminal or anything close to it. He’s just a young man who got caught up a protest against an undeniably cruel leader and was thrown in jail for exercising his right to protest.

His skin color, ethnicity and religion are irrelevant the - he was wrongly convicted, simple as that.

I honestly believe a lot of the malice being directed at him is down to good old islamophobia.

Care to nominate anyone in particular?

His family and O Gorman for starters.

Examples?

I see no campaign for any irish locked up without trial in spain media , media whores, leftie liberals , professional commentator on the journal.ie .... none of them on the march except for any prisoner bar our dear friend Halawi ....why is that?

The same people in the media or making comments in support of this guy hasn't lifted a finger to type support in favour of any other irish locked up on remand abroad...why is that??

can you provide evidence/proof for that claim?
    I'm doing absolutely sweet fcuk all...

correct.
    bar using their woe to score points on the internet in a debate.
    But you've gloriously missed my point.

i haven't missed it at all. you were just looking for an excuse to rant about
    "ja liberals" and "ja lefties" rabel rabel.

they never lied.

arayess wrote:

Why not start a thread to highlight any specific cases? If there are Irish people in jail for four years awaiting trial in Spain or anywhere else we should all know about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

RustyNut wrote: »
    Legally YES YOU WILL.
    legally , i will be not guilty , as it not proven beyond doubt . that's the point people are missing
    the other post from billy 86 doesn't even justify a reply

givyjoe wrote: »
    Except he didn't commit a crime.. and wasn't brought to trial.. because he didn't commit any crime.
    wasn't talking about him in particular , it was just about the difference in being not guilty , guilty or innocent in court
    however , regarding the young man in question , maybe he done something wrong maybe he didn't but id say we will be hearing about him or his family in the future

wasn't talking about him in particular , it was just about the difference in being not guilty , guilty or innocent in court
    however , regarding the young man in question , maybe he done something wrong maybe he didn't but id say we will be hearing about him or his family in the future

ibriham did nothing wrong.

ibriham did nothing wrong.
    so you keep saying . thats your and a lot of others opinion .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I honestly don’t understand what people have against Ibrahim Halawa - he’s not a terrorist or criminal or anything close to it. He’s just a young man who got caught up a protest against an undeniably cruel leader and was thrown in jail for exercising his right to protest.

Don't know much about the chap myself, certainly don't have anything against him. 4 years without a trial is horrendous and I wouldn't wish it on anyone, no matter what position they've found themselves in. It's a really bad ordeal. The caught-up-in-a-protest-while-on-a-post-leaving-cert-holiday angle doesn't sit well with me though. It just doesn't.
    His skin color, ethnicity and religion are irrelevant

Yet people on this thread are very quick to throw the race card around. All the brown talk was pathetic.
    I honestly believe a lot of the malice being directed at him is down to good old islamophobia.

Yep I'd agree with you there somewhat.

so you keep saying . thats your and a lot of others opinion .

it's not opinion though but proven fact.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Don't know much about the chap myself, certainly don't have anything against him. 4 years without a trial is horrendous and I wouldn't wish it on anyone, no matter what position they've found themselves in. It's a really bad ordeal. The caught-up-in-a-protest-while-on-a-post-leaving-cert-holiday angle doesn't sit well with me though. It just doesn't

We’ll have to agree to disagree on that I think. But surely we can agree whether he was there by choice or by accident it does not excuse the way he has been treated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Billy86 wrote: »
    No no, let's let Wexforandproud have their way.

Oh, by the way wexfordandproud is a thief and a con artist. There we go, they can now never claim to be innocent of either of those offenses ever again!

Idiotic post of 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭JPCN1

His skin color, ethnicity and religion are irrelevant the - he was wrongly convicted, simple as that.

You might want to read up on the Muslim Brotherhood. An Islamic supremacist organisation that is utterly worthy of our scorn.

But don't worry, send a cheque with this months jizya to Clonskeagh for protection.

they never lied.

Maybe for you

JPCN1 wrote: »
    You might want to read up on the Muslim Brotherhood. An Islamic supremacist organisation that is utterly worthy of our scorn.

But don't worry, send a cheque with this months jizya to Clonskeagh for protection.

But there’s no evidence that Halawa had anything to do with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭JPCN1

And Jarry was never in the IRA the world is actually flat.

Do you really believe he or his family have no MB connections?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

JPCN1 wrote: »
    You might want to read up on the Muslim Brotherhood.

A democratically elected government.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement