Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrahim Halawa acquited(mod warning in op-Heed it)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,143 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

assuming your allegation is correct, for which again there seems to be no evidence, then it's far from wacky and we don't live in any more of a wacky world now then we did a few years ago. the sisters are entitled to take a case and the case will be decided on it's merrits.

What case have they got?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

What case have they got?

get in contact with them and ask.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

You pretend to know everything about them.

So you're just bull ****ting.

Thats ok not first time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

it's not opinion though but proven fact.
    proven ? where was it proven?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

There seems to be no evidence? Did you look?

What's that evidence of?

gitzy16v wrote: »

that's news to me. i certainly never claimed to know anything, never mind everything, about them. what i have posted is simply the established facts in relation to this case.

that's news to me. i certainly never claimed to know anything, never mind everything, about them. what i have posted is simply the established facts in relation to this case.

Most of what you posted is opinion.
    A few facts but mostly opinion.

And made up stuff

nope all of what i posted are facts.
    And made up stuff

other posters made up stuff. not me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

First Up wrote: »
    What's that evidence of?

That the sisters are suing over the delay.
    What kind of evidence are you looking for?

nope all of what i posted are facts.

other posters made up stuff. not me.

Delusion confirmed.
    Opinions are not facts.

That the sisters are suing over the delay. What kind of evidence are you looking for?

Nobody disputed that. The evidence question was about the claims he burned his passport.

Nobody disputed that. The evidence question was about the claims he burned his passport.

I never mentioned or referred to that. Read back.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

And made up stuff

It was in the Times about questions he and his family need to answer.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/questions-go-unanswered-6n2vm56qt
    His father, Sheikh Hussein Halawa, is the imam of the Islamic Cultural Centre of Ireland and general secretary of a European Islamic body presided over by a sheikh affiliated with the Muslim Brotherhood, the fundamentalist group.

In 2011 Wikileaks published a US diplomatic cable from 2006 showing that the Bush administration was concerned about the cultural centre’s links to the European Council for Fatwa and Research, a body it claimed was trying to impose Sharia in Europe.

The European council for Fatwa and Research believe gay people should be executed.
    On freedom of religion: "All Muslim jurists agree that the apostate is to be punished. However, they differ regarding the punishment itself. The majority of them go for killing; meaning that an apostate is to be sentenced to death"
    So if you leave Islam you should be killed.

Sheikh Halawa supports the wearing of the niqab and said he brought up his children in his values and not that of society.

He also said there are no radical Muslims in Ireland, which has proven to be a false.
    On the threat posed by extremism in the community, Sheikh Halawa does not see any problem: “From an Islamic point of view, Islam condemns all forms of extremism. If the question is ‘are there radicalists’, radicalism you can see in members of all faiths and all philosophies, but for Muslims here in Ireland it is very limited to the extent that it cannot be mentioned.”
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/viewpoints/analysis/pride-and-prejudice-being-a-muslim-in-ireland-163331.html

Same year:
    Dr Al-Kaddo also disputed claims, made in leaked US embassy cables, that ICCI members celebrated the kidnapping of Irish-born aid worker Margaret Hassan in 2004.

"We cannot be held accountable by our community or others for the actions of a few who see matters in a different light," he said.

"We are not aware that these celebrations took place. However, we do not condone it if they did. If we had knowledge of such celebrations on our premises we would have endeavoured to address the matter immediately and stopped such atrocious behaviour."
    Dr Al-Kaddo also denied other US embassy-cable claims that children of ICCI members did not turn up for school and were visibly sad following the death of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the leader of al-Qa'ida in Iraq, in 2006.

"We did not uncover any evidence that these events took place," he said.

"However, we cannot guarantee that all families are exempt from harsh viewpoints and we cannot prevent such actions.
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/fatwa-sheikh-with-links-to-irish-muslims-is-refused-visa-26759225.html

The problem with the 'oh ain't it great Ibrahim Halawa is free' is the same people are willing to turn a blind eye to why he and his sisters were actively supporting the MB in Egypt and don't want to discuss the families deep links to views that are not acceptable in our society or culture.

I never mentioned or referred to that. Read back.

I did.

Opinions are not facts.

indeed they aren't but facts are facts. everything i postd in relation to this case are the facts as established.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

that's news to me. i certainly never claimed to know anything, [...]
    their funds are tied up elsewhere, [...]

So how do you explain your assertions about their private financial affairs, I don't ever remember it being made public knowledge until you brought it up.

I did.

So you will have seen Kivaro post about the sisters suing over the delay followed by EOTR quoting that post to say.

“assuming your allegation is correct, for which again there seems to be no evidence, then it's far from wacky and we don't live in any more of a wacky world now then we did a few years ago. the sisters are entitled to take a case and the case will be decided on it's merrits”

So you will have seen Kivaro post about the sisters suing over the delay followed by EOTR quoting that post to say.

Nobody is disputing that the sisters are taking a case.

• Advertisement

Nobody is disputing that the sisters are taking a case.

Well someone tried to make out it was another unsubstantiated claim. I was just setting them straight.

The rest is just nonsense that could have been avoided by reading.

Well someone tried to make out it was another unsubstantiated claim. I was just setting them straight.

No they didn't. Kivaro even acknowledged that the case is been taken in the piece you quoted. You have mixed up different points but none of it is relevant anyway.

No they didn't. Kivaro even acknowledged that the case is been taken in the piece you quoted. You have mixed up different points but none of it is relevant anyway.

Yes Kivaro was the one that brought it up and EOTR replied with the post I quoted.

To me it reads that EOTR is saying it’s another claim with no evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

so you keep saying . thats your and a lot of others opinion .

Its the legal opinion of the Egyptian authorities too. But, you know.. keep up those unfounded suspicions by all means.

EOTR can account for his own posts but why would anyone dispute something that has been in the public domain for months if not longer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Indeed. Finally gone full circle.
    It's the reason why I have him on my ignore list for some time ....... and I can't see his posts unless they are quoted. His comment did not surprise me.

If we do not toe the liberal line and dare to post something not to their liking then we are making it up, or racist, or Islamophobic ... irrespective of the abundance of proof out there. Their comments and opinions however are always "facts".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

givyjoe wrote: »
    Its the legal opinion of the Egyptian authorities too. But, you know.. keep up those unfounded suspicions by all means.
    big difference in being acquitted and being innocent

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭elperello

We have gone over all that. Please read back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

For Christ sake. There really isn't in this case. You do realise there wasn't even a trial? In essence, instead of being held for 24 or 48 hours.. he was held for.4 years without charge. Don't you think they would.have brought him to trial.if they had any evidence that might get them a conviction. Again, what crimes did he commit in Egypt that he isn't 'innocent' of committing..? Well? What is he not 'innocent' of and where Is your evidence.

Ps, if you can find some, perhaps you're in the wrong profession and should consider a career in the Egyptian equivalent of the DPP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement