Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrahim Halawa acquited(mod warning in op-Heed it)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

zappone is there to meet him , suppose it goes without saying.the hero of everything and every bandwagon that rails against traditional culture.

in some ways I admire her, she has stolen paul murphys title which is no mean feat.

another tick on her progressive wishlist....she'll be a saint yet :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

A quick glance through Twitter (and Boards), and I'm seeing a lot of very angry middle-aged racist men out there today.

And it fills me with joy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

Its very bizarre indeed the media is treating him like hes some sort of national hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

givyjoe wrote: »
    I knew someone would trot this out again. You say money was wasted on him.. because he's 'not Irish' or for some other reason? How much would money would you spend? If an Irish national is held illegally abroad, should our government not try to secure their release.. or should that just be for the non muslim-e ones?

None should be spent on anyone getting themselves in trouble in another country, end of story. I don't care where he's from or not from, he managed to make his way to Egypt, got himself involved in the affairs of a foreign country which were absolutely none of his business and got arrested. Why the hell should I or any other taxpayer have to foot the bill for this idiot and then have to pay the expense of getting him home again?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,267 ✭✭✭emo72

RayM wrote: »
    A quick glance through Twitter (and Boards), and I'm seeing a lot of very angry middle-aged racist men out there today.

Before you overflow with joy, the question you should be asking yourself is why normal middle-aged people turn racist and angry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

arayess wrote: »
    zappone is there to meet him , suppose it goes without saying.the hero of everything and every bandwagon that rails against traditional culture.

in some ways I admire her, she has stolen paul murphys title which is no mean feat.

another tick on her progressive wishlist....she'll be a saint yet :rolleyes:

Does that lunatic even realise what IH father thinks should be done with her ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Racist yeah good one.

Nothing to do with the fact that he supports a terrorist organization and holds beliefs that are not compatible with liberal western civilization.
    But yeah, carry on we're just racists.

This word has lost all meaning at this stage, throwing it about like above just belittles actual real racism.

The irony is completely lost on her I'd wager :D

you strike me as everything (bar the racism) you listed there...
    like what adult kicks in a wing mirror and then lectures others on being angry middle aged men....!

you strike me as everything (bar the racism) you listed there...
    like what adult kicks in a wing mirror and then lectures others on being angry middle aged men....!

crying-man.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Several busses would be needed to accommodate all those who will be queuing up to claim the credit for getting him freed?

The Dail empty so

Great to see him looking so happy, considering everything he's been through.

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/922780691301109761

whatever !!

oh come now....you can do better than that, surely?
    Or is it like most of your arguments? empty and nonsensical.

oh come now....you can do better than that, surely?
    Or is it like most of your arguments? empty and nonsensical.

Can you do better than dragging up stuff someone said in some other thread?

No. No, you can't. C'mon, today's a good day. It's a shame you can't just be happy for Ibrahim Halawa. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,464 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I guarantee they won't have Ian O Doherty on with him when he makes his TV appearance anyway.

He would tear through the BS in seconds and ask the hard questions RTE interviewers like Turbirdy or Claire Byrne are afraid to.

Shows how poor the level of discussion is here if Ian O'Doherty is being held up as a shining light of incisive journalism.

He's nothing more than a pompous troll pushing his own agenda. Stopped reading him years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Kivaro wrote: »
    Of course they are, and they might even have RTE staff there waving flags.
    If you put terms like "Halawa sisters sue state" into Google, do you think you will find any reporting from RTE about the story in the search results?
    Page after page of results with nothing from RTE.

Yet, you will find articles on the sisters law suit from the Irish Times, the Irish Independent, the Examiner etc. on the first page. You would expect RTE to cover the story since it involves the sisters suing the Irish Government for discrimination among other things.

Why is this?
    You will find that while most of the country did not care for Halawa's actions while "protesting" abroad in a dangerous country, RTE sought to push the story at every opportunity, which in turn brought about the corresponding over-reaction of support from the Irish Government. No one is denying that Halawa should have received consular assistance. However, RTE's partial and biased reporting on the story was not challenged by those in authority or political/social commentators for fear of the racist/bigot card being shown to them.

RTE has a way of forcing their liberal agenda into the Government spotlight even though it may defy the will of the vast majority of the country. Their high profile and highly paid presenters are the mouthpieces for this agenda, and many of the bewildering policies and tax-payer projects being put into place at the moment is a result of RTE's insistence that it is the "will of the people". But in reality, that is not the case.

Lol, I think that's the first time I've ever heard liberal agenda and RTE.

We Murica now

#fakenews

The ****e posted in this thread honestly, not hard to see how Trump got in, and honestly we aren't view ourselves superior to Americans, but really we're probably not too far off

Mr Jinx wrote: »
    Why do some media reports keep referring to him as "the Firhouse native" ??? ...hes clearly not!.

Why not? He's born and reared in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,486 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Wonder what weird and wonderful travel expenses zappone will claim for her mad dash to the airport this morning so that she could make a fool of herself in front of the tv cameras

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

We should be happy that our Minister for Children is in Dublin today and not back in Callais where she might want to "scoop up" (her words) another 200 economic migrants. The current batch of young men that Zappone brought over to Ireland will cost the Irish State over €100 Million over the next 10 years. Imagine how that money could be used for children in Ireland, for example replacing cold and leaky prefab school buildings that some kids have to endure, lessen the amount of time for children waiting for scoliosis surgery (and suffering in excruciating pain while waiting), make mental services available to children on a 24/7 basis and not just 9 to 5 like it is currently in many counties, .............

But no, Zappone's attention is elsewhere .....

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭AustinLostin

Wonder what weird and wonderful travel expenses zappone will claim for her mad dash to the airport this morning so that she could make a fool of herself in front of the tv cameras

Da expenses Joe

• Advertisement

You really do have ridiculous things to worry about in your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

What did he say about her?

Already gearing himself up for a career in Amnesty international. He says he wants to help get everyone whos behind bars home, even if they are convicted criminals :confused:

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/922782539403661312/video/1

Press release and tour coming soon folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

He is not fond of the gays :P stoning is that what the Muslim Brotherhood do to them?

cisk wrote: »
    Already gearing himself up for a career in Amnesty international. He says wants to help get everyone whos behind bars home, even if they are convicted criminals :confused:

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/922782539403661312/video/1

Press release and tour coming soon folks.

Wonder is he after colm o gormans job. Colm won't like that turn of events at all at all

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    He is not fond of the gays :P stoning is that what the Muslim Brotherhood do to them?

Or was it throwing them off tall buildings? That's what Isis did fully backed by their spiritual leaders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

RTÉ are going to broadcast live at Dublin airport for the homecoming.

This is gonna be a media circus folks

And that ladies and gentlemen is why i have never and will never pay a licence fee.

In May 2012 it was reported by several news sources that the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt was working to decriminalize FGM.

The female genital mutilation by the way.
    The brotherhood supports it along with loads of weird ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

For somebody who was on deaths door thanks to his many hunger strikes in prison, he is looking remarkably well

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Haha. Love this :)

#IbrahimHalawa: "I really want to thank the haters as well, cause they made me stronger": bit.ly/2yIOKzb

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement