Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrahim Halawa acquited(mod warning in op-Heed it)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

RayM wrote: »
    Great to see him looking so happy, considering everything he's been through.

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/922780691301109761

Looks very well for a guy that was supposedly 'Rotting in an Egyptian jail' for 4 years according to the RTE/Media Bandwagon apologists regularly posting here.

I always had to laugh anytime I saw that thread title appearing on Boards.ie...
    If his name was Patrick O'Connor, an Irishman from Castletown Bere he wouldn't command a single moment on national airtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

washman3 wrote: »
    If his name was Patrick O'Connor, an Irishman from Castletown Bere he wouldn't command a single moment on national airtime.

But he is an Irishman. From Firhouse. Is this a Dublin/Cork thing?

david75 wrote: »
    Haha. Love this :)

#IbrahimHalawa: "I really want to thank the haters as well, cause they made me stronger": bit.ly/2yIOKzb

Even if it was their tax money that got him back to Ireland.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,143 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

#IbrahimHalawa: "I really want to thank the haters as well, cause they made me stronger": bit.ly/2yIOKzb

Conor Mcgregor would be proud

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

The Irish state came to the aid of an Irish citizen. That’s basically all that’s happened. If you complain past that it’s based in bigotry. Simple as that. Have a look at yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

The irony of it - liberal, feminist, lesbian greets Muslim sharia law sympathizer and his family ! Ya couldn’t make it up - anything for a bit of media coverage !!
    Question - how many returning ex prisoners has Ms Zappone been out to the airport to welcome home ???? Her “inclusivity” is quite selective after all ! Wonder will she be feted in the Clonskeagh mosque anytime soon ? Wonder did she take the scenic travel expenses route to the airport ? Totally objectionable that taxpayers money being spent on this type of charade.

But he is an Irishman.

And so is 'Patrick O'Connor'. The man who helped to get him back here.
    Lets fawn over Patrick and his ilk for a change.

Really hope somebody has the b###s to ask IH some hard questions.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

What sort of a clown is the lesbian feminist Zappone. Doh! The MB and their local representatives must be having a good laugh at her stupidity.

Well it takes one to know one - radical Islam is full of haters ! A telling statement indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

I hope there were lots of lemons on that plane to feed the bitter fools on this thread! :D

• Advertisement

Well it takes one to know one - radical Islam is full of haters ! A telling statement indeed.

So every Muslim is a radical? There’s over a billion of them I think we’d probably all be dead at their hands by this stage if what you’re saying is true.

Eye roll and sarcasm aside.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

The Irish state came to the aid of an Irish citizen. That’s basically all that’s happened. If you complain past that it’s based in bigotry. Simple as that. Have a look at yourself.

Would you say the same if it were someone in Jail in Alabama for being at a KKK rally ?

Like f*ck you would.

So every Muslim is a radical? There’s over a billion of them I think we’d probably all be dead at their hands by this stage if what you’re saying is true.

Suggest you look at the stats of the opinions and sympathy the radicals have among "tolerant" Muslims, it's quite shocking.

So tell us about Daddy Halawa and his MB connections and how sharia law views Christian beliefs, women, homosexuality etc ? Apple rarely falls far from tree !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

I hope there were lots of lemons on that plane to feed the bitter fools on this thread!

They'll be crawling back under their rocks to await further instructions.

Nice to see the lad home and happy.

Would you say the same if it were someone in Jail in Alabama for being at a KKK rally ?

Like f*ck you would.

You’re wirking off the incorrect assumption the guy is/was a radicalised Muslim taking part in a rally. He wasn’t. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time for all I care. Also following your logic we’re all white radical catholics just by birth and we support groups like the KKK. We don’t.

So tell us about Daddy Halawa and his MB connections and how sharia law views Christian beliefs, women, homosexuality etc ? Apple rarely falls far from tree !

You’re reaching. He’s not his father.

You’re wirking off the incorrect assumption the guy is/was a radicalised Muslim taking part in a rally. He wasn’t. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time for all I care. Also following your logic we’re all white radical catholics just by birth and we support groups like the KKK. We don’t.

He was there for weeks taking part in the protests, he was on stage making speeches quoting other f*cking radicals ???!!

What more do you want ?

And thats not to say I think he should have stayed in jail with no trial, what amazes me is the support this guy is getting for basically ... what ?

So say he starts working for amnesty helping others on the same situation he was in. Or starts going full militant and gets involved with plotting attacks here in Ireland.

Which of these scenarios are more likely?

Cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,416 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

He was there with his sisters protesting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Il Fascista

So say he starts working for amnesty helping others on the same situation he was in. Or starts going full militant and gets involved with plotting attacks here in Ireland.

Cop on.

We have no idea, that fact that you think you do is the problem.

Amazing the wave of pro Islamist goodwill and warmth emanating here and elsewhere across the media. Not surprising that such a strident anti Christian, anti catholic sentiment coming from same sources. Seems like anyone who isn’t dancing in the streets or at the airport rolling out the carpet for Mr Halawa or who dares question Islam on its teachings is a racist, a bigot, an islamophobe etc ?

Cop on.
    And I thought I was going on a bit with the whataboutery ....

But I don't care what he does, the fact is he hasn't condoned the MB and he wont do so either.

Thats enough to show he has dodgy beliefs and doesn't deserve this hero status.

Amazing the wave of pro Islamist goodwill and warmth emanating here and elsewhere across the media. Not surprising that such a strident anti Christian, anti catholic sentiment coming from same sources. Seems like anyone who isn’t dancing in the streets or at the airport rolling out the carpet for Mr Halawa or who dares question Islam on its teachings is a racist, a bigot, an islamophobe etc ?

Shockingly or not the amount of outcry about an Irish citizen being released from prison And outrage that he’s entitled to human rights simply because he’s brown and has a different faith is rather disturbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

Read what he said about radical Islam. Troll

But he is an Irishman. From Firhouse. Is this a Dublin/Cork thing?

No its not, as you well know. Lets replace Patrick from Cork with John O'Sullivan from Belmullet if that makes you feel better.
    What i'm talking about is the selective media fawning (especially RTE) over this particular case while other lower profile cases, but more important IMO, are virtually ignored. But it seems to be 'cool' or 'the thing' to be seen to be involved in this case.
    Lets hope Zappone and her lunatic friends now turn their attention to other cases like, for example, the families of the Stardust victims or the family of Offaly priest Niall Molloy who was kicked/beaten to death in the home of a millionaire who had friends in high places in Government. His family have tried in vain for years for justice to be served.

Of course it's trendy and cool and PROGRESSIVE to have a go at Christianity ... but do the same at Islam and it's racist and bigoted.

People still can't get past the whole "race" thing.

Imagine if the majority is Muslims were white Australians ... or Russians ... jesus would there be such a love for Islam in the "progressive" left ??

HA!

Shockingly or not the amount of outcry about an Irish citizen being released from prison And outrage that he’s entitled to human rights simply because he’s brown and has a different faith is rather disturbing.

It's not cos he's brown.
    It's not cos he has a different faith.

It's because of the extremist beliefs he seems to have (ample support for the MB that he won't condemn)

You know this and you still just scream RACIST RACIST RACIST!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

It's not cos he's brown.
    It's not cos he has a different faith.

It's because of the extremist beliefs he seems to have (ample support for the MB that he won't condone)

You know this and you still just scream RACIST RACIST RACIST!!!

Confused here, do you mean condemn instead of condone?

• Advertisement

humberklog wrote: »
    Confused here, do you mean condemn instead of condone?

Sorry yes !! :D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement